Good Exercises for Dunking?

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
I'm 6'1 I can grab the rim with 2 hands easily. And I can grab it with one hand off the vert. Can't dunk at all tho. What are some good plyometric exercises for those last couple inches

Entropy Fan

Superstar
Daps
You can gain more hops and you'll still come up short . Unless u have Shaq hands

One hand grab off vert is more then enough hops. Just gotta learn to jump with good form with a ball. Big difference in mechanics when you have a ball in your hands, with bad form it might cost you few inches

For more hops. Squats until your real strong then few plyos, and alot of jumping practice with good mechanics

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
You can gain more hops and you'll still come up short . Unless u have Shaq hands

One hand grab off vert is more then enough hops. Just gotta learn to jump with good form with a ball. Big difference in mechanics when you have a ball in your hands, with bad form it might cost you few inches

For more hops. Squats until your real strong then few plyos, and alot of jumping practice with good mechanics
That's what I'm thinking cause mfs always told me if you can grab the rim with two hands you can dunk. What can I do to improve my form?

Entropy Fan

Superstar
Daps
That's what I'm thinking cause mfs always told me if you can grab the rim with two hands you can dunk. What can I do to improve my form?

Watch videos of guys dunking with one or two legs (which ever way you jump) study their mechanics then go out and slowly develop those mechanics. When you have the form down and enough reps to be fluid you'll be getting up and dunking with ease

Becomes very easy as most of it is good form and speed .

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I have to look on my old laptop, I got a new one around this time last year. I downloaded it from those torrent sites in like 2010, but you used to be able to download shyt for free

But it covers how to jump off one foot vs two. And basically explains all you need is strength (commonly measured by your 1rm squat compared to how much you weigh) and your plyometric ability.

I'll try to find it this weekend

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Never was able to dunk because I never worked on it...but I bought FreakAthlete program and never really used it.