Got damn was the Rolling Loud crowd dead for the matches

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
Bro, you can't force mainstream attention. Don't get me wrong, this was a nice opportunity to gain attention (and maybe some eyes took notice), but it needs to come naturally. The last time the E had hype from the mainstream was DB's "Yes!" movement. They've done plenty of shyt outside of the norm (those WB cartoons, Cricket link up), but nothing has come out of it when it comes to gaining new fans.

They need STARS to get the attention outside the wrasslin bubble. Bianca is still on the rise. Carmella, Dawkins and Gable? Really? Why the fukk are they out there? :dahell: Why wasn't Sasha thrown in? She's the only one on the roster who comes to mind with some star power.
You can't force it but you have to start somewhere and this is a start. Dawkins and Gable was a horrible pair to send out to that crowd I agree, but Bianca definitely shoulda been out there and this was more to showcase her, Carmella was basically collateral damage. The crowd would've been dead for Sasha too, there is no one who debuted in the 2010s that woulda made the fans go wild but if they continue to branch out to urban audiences on different platforms they very well can latch on. Just make adjustments regarding matchups and execution going forward and they'll be fine.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
You can't force it but you have to start somewhere and this is a start. Dawkins and Gable was a horrible pair to send out to that crowd I agree, but Bianca definitely shoulda been out there and this was more to showcase her, Carmella was basically collateral damage. The crowd would've been dead for Sasha too, there is no one who debuted in the 2010s that woulda made the fans go wild but if they continue to branch out to urban audiences on different platforms they very well can latch on. Just make adjustments regarding matchups and execution going forward and they'll be fine.
I don't know, man. I think they shouldn't be going after the early/mid 20s group. I had given up on wrasslin during my early 20s. I can't imagine trying to get fans at that age. They need to target the preteens at best. I guarantee 95% of wrestling fans became interest in it when they were very young.

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
I don't know, man. I think they shouldn't be going after the early/mid 20s group. I had given up on wrasslin during my early 20s. I can't imagine trying to get fans at that age. They need to target the preteens at best. I guarantee 95% of wrestling fans became interest in it when they were very young.
I do think they got a better shot attracting preteens but at the same time I'm not sure that's ever been an issue, almost everybody watches as a preteen then stops as they get older. WWE seems to be trying to regain those people(which is where mixing nostalgia acts with newer guys at this event would've helped), but all isn't lost on that age group I remember Naomi going super viral after the Royal Rumble with black girls in their 20s everywhere saying they'd watch for her but WWE didn't acknowledge it or capitalize on it

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I do think they got a better shot attracting preteens but at the same time I'm not sure that's ever been an issue, almost everybody watches as a preteen then stops as they get older. WWE seems to be trying to regain those people(which is where mixing nostalgia acts with newer guys at this event would've helped), but all isn't lost on that age group I remember Naomi going super viral after the Royal Rumble with black girls in their 20s everywhere saying they'd watch for her but WWE didn't acknowledge it or capitalize on it
They need something big to get people back in. A lot of us returned because of the Pipebomb. Cats get burned out but can return if something right happens, and if they’re true fans.

My cousins were big fans during the Cena era, but they don’t even fukk with wrasslin anymore. They’re already in their mid 20s and I doubt they’ll watch it again. The younger dudes I’ve come across lately don’t even fukk with the current E product heavily. They only talk about the Attitude Era and watch AEW.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Y'all clown them for their dwindling audience and being out of touch then they attempt to branch out to attract more people like us and y'all clown that :gucci:

There is nothing wrong with this move, the execution needs work and they should've done a better matchup than Dawkins/Gable, but it's something to build on going forward correcting errors. I'm not sure why they didn't just do Big E vs Apollo like originally planned especially since Montez can't wrestle atm.

The point is to get their modern day stars in front of an audience who identifies with them and hope that they attract people from that market, a black woman in the crowd very well coulda discovered Bianca for the first time and became a fan for life. Maybe they didn't throw out a nostalgia act like Jeff or Rey because they felt it'd take away from the modern stars they wanted to showcase, but maybe next time they'll send them and mix them up with someone modern for familiarity.

And let's be real if they woulda sent out Cena/Rey/Edge/Orton/Jeff y'all would have just clowned them for not having modern stars to send out

The whole point of this was to tap into the urban market and try to be more mainstream, black culture is pop culture. Doing a rock show accomplishes none of those goals. Would they have maybe had a more engaged crowd? Sure but that's not the point and it doesn't help them expand.

If you know the kind of people that most wrestling fans consist of then you should know that is not all they need. You should want WWE's audience to expand beyond nerd culture and attract more people like you especially when the audience that currently exists is made up of some of the most lowly toxic weirdos to exist.

I don’t think anyone in here disagrees with this. Everybody has pretty much made suggestions on what they should do going forward if they want to attempt something like this again. The bolded part though, WE know that’s not all they need, but do THEY know that? They have practically made catering solely to their large yet still niche fanbase, and that’s why they appear uncool when they step outside of it. This is the same company that routinely cut “if you don’t like it, don’t watch” promos ON TV and were somehow surprised when people started tuning out.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
This was the one thing where putting out nostalgia acts probably would've been the best.

Cena/The Mysterios/Jeff Hardy/Edge all would've probably gotten better reactions because while wrestling is niche, those are names EVERYBODY is familiar with. shyt, having Cena perform Bad Man probably would've played.

Agreed

This on a whole was embarssing because they try so hard to be mainstream and trendy and cool like in their boom and then they fumble it like this. Also it sucks cause I hope they dont use Bianca and the Street Profits not getting a reaction to halt their pushes

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with everyone else in this thread. A non title match between the Usos and the Mystereos would have probably got a reaction. Judging by my past festive experience, that crowd was there because they were waiting for whoever was going to come on stage next and didn’t want to lose there spot next.

AEW needs to jump on this wave. They can gain more traction if they did it right. Eventhough I hate their matches together, a Young Bucks/Lucha Bros match would kill in that environment. TK needs to make the call

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
I had to change the channel because of second hand embarrassment:lolbron:

ECW already showed the blueprint on how to get a reaction at a concert. Heel cuts promo on crowd and featured artist and then the faces come through at the end. Can’t just have Wale come out and introduce people no one knows. Shoulda had Otis saying everyone should be listening to country music and Gable cutting a promo on Lil Baby (or whoever) to his face before the Profits came through :pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
AEW needs to jump on this wave. They can gain more traction if they did it right. Eventhough I hate their matches together, a Young Bucks/Lucha Bros match would kill in that environment. TK needs to make the call
Eh if Bianca couldn't get a reaction then I doubt anybody in AEW that would solicit a reaction from that crowd outside of maybe Jericho and Matt Hardy, I don't think the quality of the action really matters as much as familiarity does, I feel like the "this shyt fake" crowd would prolly clown the Bucks style

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama

Kids don’t care about wrestling no more, they got TikTok, YouTubers, GTA, Fortnite, COD, the NBA, etc…the PG era was lowkey a bad thing because while they gained a lot of young fans at that time, they pushed them away quicker cause a cookie cutter scripted PG product ain’t the wave.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They needed to give the people a reason to care or to just put on a crazy flippy match. Had they sent someone out there to bury rap and then get beaten quickly it woulda got over.

And the Rolling Loud crowd was not watching the attitude era and probably dont give a fukk about Jeff Hardy. Maybe Cena would get a reaction just off being famous, or Rey, but that's about it. Nobody else could just walk in and be over. They'd either have to have a quick cheap heat promo to draw the fans in or do a lot of flips that draw attention no matter what.