Got Fired After One Month. Lesson Of The Day: A CACs Words Are Meaningless

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
Welp, after a month and some change, I got fired right as I walked in. I walked into the office at exactly 9:02. As soon as I sat down he called me into his office. I'm thinking it's gonna be the daily meeting to go over the stuff we need to do for the day.

Instead he says "you're late and this is honestly not something I can keep have happening. We're going to have to let you go".

At first I thought he was joking. Like "ha, yeah good one. Me and them two minutes :russ: "

But dude was dead serious and asked me to turn in my hours for the week so I could get my last check :dahell:

Keep in mind this dude pretty much contradicted himself on more than one occasion. Before I even started I asked him about attendance. He told me "as long as you're not showing up ridiculously late, I'm good. I'm not the type to hold a stopwatch at the door to try and catch you.". Yet that's exactly what he did. Before y'all ask, the latest I've ever gotten into the office was 5 minutes.

And on top of that, this cat was training me on some other areas of the business because he told me there's a place for me with the company long term. This was Wednesday when he said that.

The icing on the cake is that while he was firing me, he was complimenting my work skills. Said I was good at what I did, but he couldn't have me coming in a few minutes late. He even said he'd be open to rehiring me on a temporary basis in the future :stopitslime:

The only thing that makes me mad about this is I was offered a position with a black business that I turned down because I had already to committed to this two weeks prior :snoop:

Anyway, I'm not tripping to be honest. I've had a strong desire to get back to my entrepreneurial pursuits but I had gotten complacent. so maybe this was the kick in the ass I needed :yeshrug:

But yeah, free daps to everyone cause I apparently got some free time now :lolbron:

Cliff's:
-CAC boss fired me this morning after a month despite always smiling to my face and acting like everything was all good.

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
Don't be late and you don't have these problems:yeshrug:

You can be a mediocre employee, but if you're timely and reliable that's half the battle.

You said it was only 2 minutes...you couldn't swing 2 minutes?

You rack disciprin :mindblown:
Yeah probably. The 2 minute thing only happened maybe once a week. And I'd make up for it by making sure I was in earlier the next day. Atlanta traffic is a bytch. But no point in me making excuses for it :francis:

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell: fukk u doing trusting the white man for? anything a white person say to me, i assume its a lie off top....he can tell me the sky is blue...and my eyes will see red

u never believe white people, u have to play chess with them and always have your ass covered and interact like a robot. Your conversation topics should always be A. the weather B. sports C. The Job

and u go home...

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
Wow two minutes though? :francis: Are you the last one to show up all the time? I don't see why he would make a big deal out of 2 minutes.
He mentioned the guy who had my position before me would often show up late and he didn't want it to be a slippery slope. But that dude was showing up 15-20 minutes late, not 2.