Got Fired After One Month. Lesson Of The Day: A CACs Words Are Meaningless

The Oracle

Expat
Daps
Reppin
the world
he decided to fire you before you came in late, sounds like he just used that as an excuse.

ive fired people before, and sometimes the reasons aren't something that can be explained easily. especially without bruising their ego or getting into an argument (that's why he fed you compliments on the way out the door).

so i just tell them it's not working out and if they ask why i just say "in a general way", and hand them their last check.

sucks but if someone isn't worth what their being paid, and/or clashing personality wise with me or the rest of the group, what other choice is there?

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Welp, after a month and some change, I got fired right as I walked in. I walked into the office at exactly 9:02. As soon as I sat down he called me into his office. I'm thinking it's gonna be the daily meeting to go over the stuff we need to do for the day.

Instead he says "you're late and this is honestly not something I can keep have happening. We're going to have to let you go".

At first I thought he was joking. Like "ha, yeah good one. Me and them two minutes :russ: "

But dude was dead serious and asked me to turn in my hours for the week so I could get my last check :dahell:

Keep in mind this dude pretty much contradicted himself on more than one occasion. Before I even started I asked him about attendance. He told me "as long as you're not showing up ridiculously late, I'm good. I'm not the type to hold a stopwatch at the door to try and catch you.". Yet that's exactly what he did. Before y'all ask, the latest I've ever gotten into the office was 5 minutes.

And on top of that, this cat was training me on some other areas of the business because he told me there's a place for me with the company long term. This was Wednesday when he said that.

The icing on the cake is that while he was firing me, he was complimenting my work skills. Said I was good at what I did, but he couldn't have me coming in a few minutes late. He even said he'd be open to rehiring me on a temporary basis in the future :stopitslime:

The only thing that makes me mad about this is I was offered a position with a black business that I turned down because I had already to committed to this two weeks prior :snoop:

Anyway, I'm not tripping to be honest. I've had a strong desire to get back to my entrepreneurial pursuits but I had gotten complacent. so maybe this was the kick in the ass I needed :yeshrug:

But yeah, free daps to everyone cause I apparently got some free time now :lolbron:

Cliff's:
-CAC boss fired me this morning after a month despite always smiling to my face and acting like everything was all good.

The red is the main importand part, when playing chess or checkers. Basically, he was setting up you up to fire you right after he hired you. He told you that lie, to let your guards down and that's what happened. But, you fukk yourself up; by asking about attendance, you gave him the chess move.

From right there, when you asked about attendance, he already knew what he was going to fire you for. They were looking to fire you anyways, so asking about attendance, made his job easier.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
:dahell: fukk u doing trusting the white man for? anything a white person say to me, i assume its a lie off top....he can tell me the sky is blue...and my eyes will see red

u never believe white people, u have to play chess with them and always have your ass covered and interact like a robot. Your conversation topics should always be A. the weather B. sports C. The Job

and u go home...
You ain't lying. When they laid our asses off randomly, confirmed what I should have known. Never trust cacs.

Micron

Pro
Daps
Not in my case. State of Georgia is an at will employment state meaning you can be fired at anytime unless you have a contract stating otherwise.

At Will Employment might mean they can fire you for any reason, but it also means they have to pay your unemployment if they fire you for no good reason. Employers in GA tend to be aware of this, so they don't haphazardly get rid of employees. I worked for a company in GA that did something stupid like that; supervisor was feeling herself too much and fired me for no reason. It was easy to prove and I got fully compensated. I know they were angry at her because they had to pay that unemployment. It also gives the state a record of that behavior which strengthens the case of the next employee who complains.

TL15

Veteran
Daps
A person cannot be randomly fired. There have to be written warnings between a supervisor and hr. If it happens without those circumstances being met, they have to pay unemployment.

untrue. Many states are "at will" employment states... you can quit for anything and they can fire you for anything :yeshrug:

they typically don't because it costs a lot of money to fire someone than to keep them (training a new person, vetting the new person, and waiting for reasonable productivity out of a new person usually costs more than just keeping the already established person)

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
he decided to fire you before you came in late, sounds like he just used that as an excuse.

ive fired people before, and sometimes the reasons aren't something that can be explained easily. especially without bruising their ego or getting into an argument (that's why he fed you compliments on the way out the door).

so i just tell them it's not working out and if they ask why i just say "in a general way", and hand them their last check.

sucks but if someone isn't worth what their being paid, and/or clashing personality wise with me or the rest of the group, what other choice is there?
I figured as much. Again, not tripping over it. I got good at the tasks handed to me and was even willing to stay late until stuff got done. I don't doubt I got fired for a justified reason. But everything he said and did contradicted that up until this morning.

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
Let me tell you a horrible secret. In the corporate world black people will smile in your face and shyt on you behind your back just as fast as a cac will. I learned that in my early 20's :francis:
Hence why this will be my last corporate gig. I take it as a blessing cause I probably would've gotten too comfortable there.

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
The red is the main importand part, when playing chess or checkers. Basically, he was setting up you up to fire you right after he hired you. He told you that lie, to let your guards down and that's what happened. But, you fukk yourself up; by asking about attendance, you gave him the chess move.

From right there, when you asked about attendance, he already knew what he was going to fire you for. They were looking to fire you anyways, so asking about attendance, made his job easier.

I think he put that bit in there so that if he had to fire him he could defer to his punctuality as the reason for his firing because since he said he's lax. He expected buddy to be lil late regularly. Its a backdoor loop incase he needs him gone stat

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the op is naive, there's no such thing as a sincere conversation between a white and black person UNLESS y'all talking about racism, systematic oppression, economic disfranchisement, mass incarceration or reparations...everything else is bullshyt. hell to be really honest there's no such thing as a sincere conversation between a black person and black person that don't involve those same topics.

see, but that's the problem with black people. They think everybody that smile and be nice is their fukking friend. America is base upon who can lie the best, that's why anytime you're honest you will receive punishment or labeled "crazy"

so u act the part, u dress the part, speak the part like everybody else at these jobs.Be a robot, do your job and pretend that the hell that's happening on earth is totally nonexistence....and that my friend is the american dream btw