Got Fired After One Month. Lesson Of The Day: A CACs Words Are Meaningless

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
The red is the main importand part, when playing chess or checkers. Basically, he was setting up you up to fire you right after he hired you. He told you that lie, to let your guards down and that's what happened. But, you fukk yourself up; by asking about attendance, you gave him the chess move.

From right there, when you asked about attendance, he already knew what he was going to fire you for. They were looking to fire you anyways, so asking about attendance, made his job easier.

I think he put that bit in there so that if he had to fire him he could defer to his punctuality as the reason for his firing because since he said he's lax. He expected buddy to be lil late regularly. Its a backdoor loop incase he needs him gone stat

I learned the hard way. 2016 was the first time I entered the corporate world. I had another gig at the beginning of the year that lasted several months. But I left because the workplace racism was more obvious. I fell for the trap cause this dude was more chill than the last so i got too comfortable and thought it'd be a better experience. He was just more subtle with his game. But lesson learned. Corporate life ain't for me. I may go back to after school teaching and coaching. Didnt pay as much, but it was cool for the most part :yeshrug:

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
you got to show up 15 minutes before your due to start everyday, thats how you last and progress. sorry but your a stone cold fool, after a month is a bit harsh but i wouldnt tolerate your behaviour for too long before i tell you to respect your peers and work environment.

fck what you heard it aint your world - :hubie:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
untrue. Many states are "at will" employment states... you can quit for anything and they can fire you for anything :yeshrug:

they typically don't because it costs a lot of money to fire someone than to keep them (training a new person, vetting the new person, and waiting for reasonable productivity out of a new person usually costs more than just keeping the already established person)
i saw you and someone above say this. are you implying that there are places that you owe the employer something if you randomly quit? i didnt know that :ehh:

thought two weeks was a formality and not a legal kinda thing anywhere

Kenyan West

lazy fba philly nikka,
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Welp, after a month and some change, I got fired right as I walked in. I walked into the office at exactly 9:02. As soon as I sat down he called me into his office. I'm thinking it's gonna be the daily meeting to go over the stuff we need to do for the day.

Instead he says "you're late and this is honestly not something I can keep have happening. We're going to have to let you go".

At first I thought he was joking. Like "ha, yeah good one. Me and them two minutes :russ: "

But dude was dead serious and asked me to turn in my hours for the week so I could get my last check :dahell:

Keep in mind this dude pretty much contradicted himself on more than one occasion. Before I even started I asked him about attendance. He told me "as long as you're not showing up ridiculously late, I'm good. I'm not the type to hold a stopwatch at the door to try and catch you.". Yet that's exactly what he did. Before y'all ask, the latest I've ever gotten into the office was 5 minutes.

And on top of that, this cat was training me on some other areas of the business because he told me there's a place for me with the company long term. This was Wednesday when he said that.

The icing on the cake is that while he was firing me, he was complimenting my work skills. Said I was good at what I did, but he couldn't have me coming in a few minutes late. He even said he'd be open to rehiring me on a temporary basis in the future :stopitslime:

Know your enemy. This is a CAC you're dealing with. They will lie in your face so you feel everything's sweet, then they'll throw you in the shrubbery when you're slackin. You fell in the trap, fam. As soon as he said that shyt, you should have instantly thought "I need to get here an half hour early. They're watchin' me."

Stop thinking you can be like a CAC and take their words at face value.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Welp, after a month and some change, I got fired right as I walked in. I walked into the office at exactly 9:02. As soon as I sat down he called me into his office. I'm thinking it's gonna be the daily meeting to go over the stuff we need to do for the day.

Instead he says "you're late and this is honestly not something I can keep have happening. We're going to have to let you go".

At first I thought he was joking. Like "ha, yeah good one. Me and them two minutes :russ: "

But dude was dead serious and asked me to turn in my hours for the week so I could get my last check :dahell:

Keep in mind this dude pretty much contradicted himself on more than one occasion. Before I even started I asked him about attendance. He told me "as long as you're not showing up ridiculously late, I'm good. I'm not the type to hold a stopwatch at the door to try and catch you.". Yet that's exactly what he did. Before y'all ask, the latest I've ever gotten into the office was 5 minutes.

And on top of that, this cat was training me on some other areas of the business because he told me there's a place for me with the company long term. This was Wednesday when he said that.

The icing on the cake is that while he was firing me, he was complimenting my work skills. Said I was good at what I did, but he couldn't have me coming in a few minutes late. He even said he'd be open to rehiring me on a temporary basis in the future :stopitslime:

The only thing that makes me mad about this is I was offered a position with a black business that I turned down because I had already to committed to this two weeks prior :snoop:

Anyway, I'm not tripping to be honest. I've had a strong desire to get back to my entrepreneurial pursuits but I had gotten complacent. so maybe this was the kick in the ass I needed :yeshrug:

But yeah, free daps to everyone cause I apparently got some free time now :lolbron:

Cliff's:
-CAC boss fired me this morning after a month despite always smiling to my face and acting like everything was all good.

Do you still live at home or was you pay simply shyt? I Always find it mind boggling when kats get fired and simply brush it up like nothing. If it was me I would be all :damn:knowing all them bills and shyt need to be paid. Also feel bad for you breh shyt time to get sacked, Cacs are the devils their words hold no weight should have gone with the black business instead.

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
Do you still live at home or was you pay simply shyt? I Always find it mind boggling when kats get fired and simply brush it up like nothing. If it was me I would be all :damn:knowing all them bills and shyt need to be paid. Also feel bad for you breh shyt time to get sacked, Cacs are the devils their words hold no weight should have gone with the black business instead.
Believe me, I was freaking out this morning thing about all the bills I had. But honestly crying about it isn't gonna change things. Best thing I can do is apply for new jobs and keep it moving.