Got Fired After One Month. Lesson Of The Day: A CACs Words Are Meaningless

Daps
Reppin
Canada
damn :snoop:

bossman smiled in your face on wednesday, complemented you, and told you we got something store for you in the future. :jbhmm:

ends up firing you on friday mourning :wow:

ain't this some comic book shyt :laff:

:ufdup:now hopefully this is your wakeup call and start your own business.
Agent-Smith-Laugh-GIF.gif

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
damn :snoop:

bossman smiled in your face on wednesday, complemented you, and told you we got something store for you in the future. :jbhmm:

ends up firing you on friday mourning :wow:

ain't this some comic book shyt :laff:

:ufdup:now hopefully this is your wakeup call and start your own business.
Lol shyt played out like a scene from Friday. But you right though. I'm back on my business grind. I feel like Bruce Wayne in the Dark Knight Rises when he had to escape the pit. He couldn't make that jump until he ditched the safety rope. My corporate jobs were my safety rope. It's sink or swim time now.

BushidoBrown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
At Will Employment might mean they can fire you for any reason, but it also means they have to pay your unemployment if they fire you for no good reason. Employers in GA tend to be aware of this, so they don't haphazardly get rid of employees. I worked for a company in GA that did something stupid like that; supervisor was feeling herself too much and fired me for no reason. It was easy to prove and I got fully compensated. I know they were angry at her because they had to pay that unemployment. It also gives the state a record of that behavior which strengthens the case of the next employee who complains.
that swift karma :banderas:

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Welp, after a month and some change, I got fired right as I walked in. I walked into the office at exactly 9:02. As soon as I sat down he called me into his office. I'm thinking it's gonna be the daily meeting to go over the stuff we need to do for the day.

Instead he says "you're late and this is honestly not something I can keep have happening. We're going to have to let you go".

At first I thought he was joking. Like "ha, yeah good one. Me and them two minutes :russ: "

But dude was dead serious and asked me to turn in my hours for the week so I could get my last check :dahell:

Keep in mind this dude pretty much contradicted himself on more than one occasion. Before I even started I asked him about attendance. He told me "as long as you're not showing up ridiculously late, I'm good. I'm not the type to hold a stopwatch at the door to try and catch you.". Yet that's exactly what he did. Before y'all ask, the latest I've ever gotten into the office was 5 minutes.

And on top of that, this cat was training me on some other areas of the business because he told me there's a place for me with the company long term. This was Wednesday when he said that.

The icing on the cake is that while he was firing me, he was complimenting my work skills. Said I was good at what I did, but he couldn't have me coming in a few minutes late. He even said he'd be open to rehiring me on a temporary basis in the future :stopitslime:

The only thing that makes me mad about this is I was offered a position with a black business that I turned down because I had already to committed to this two weeks prior :snoop:

Anyway, I'm not tripping to be honest. I've had a strong desire to get back to my entrepreneurial pursuits but I had gotten complacent. so maybe this was the kick in the ass I needed :yeshrug:

But yeah, free daps to everyone cause I apparently got some free time now :lolbron:

Cliff's:
-CAC boss fired me this morning after a month despite always smiling to my face and acting like everything was all good.
I went through something similar at my first job OP. However, the head dude hated me (I was ALWAYS the first dude there). Anyway, he yelled at me one day (dude's an alcoholic) and I bounced the next day. Hold your head up OP.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
I learned the hard way. 2016 was the first time I entered the corporate world. I had another gig at the beginning of the year that lasted several months. But I left because the workplace racism was more obvious. I fell for the trap cause this dude was more chill than the last so i got too comfortable and thought it'd be a better experience. He was just more subtle with his game. But lesson learned. Corporate life ain't for me. I may go back to after school teaching and coaching. Didnt pay as much, but it was cool for the most part :yeshrug:

No, you did not learn the hard way, you just picked up some game; the game of white supremacy.

You said your last job, the racism was obvious; and this time the dude was more chill. The game does not change(the game of white supremacy), it's just the players that change, the game will always remain the same. You just have to know how to play the game, just like chess.

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the op is naive, there's no such thing as a sincere conversation between a white and black person UNLESS y'all talking about racism, systematic oppression, economic disfranchisement, mass incarceration or reparations...everything else is bullshyt. hell to be really honest there's no such thing as a sincere conversation between a black person and black person that don't involve those same topics.

see, but that's the problem with black people. They think everybody that smile and be nice is their fukking friend. America is base upon who can lie the best, that's why anytime you're honest you will receive punishment or labeled "crazy"

so u act the part, u dress the part, speak the part like everybody else at these jobs.Be a robot, do your job and pretend that the hell that's happening on earth is totally nonexistence....and that my friend is the american dream btw
truth

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
Stay up OP :francis: and may the flames of hell be hot for that demon cac
:dead:

To the topic: He wanted to fire you for more than the lateness or he had an applicant in the wing he wanted.

Learn from it breh. I had tardiness issues when I was younger but straightened it out. I firmly believe in getting to work 30 mins before time. You never know when you might miss a train or have to get a cab if your car is tripping. Also, your more productive if you ease into work with a cup of coffee and some time to yourself before work.