Got Fired After One Month. Lesson Of The Day: A CACs Words Are Meaningless

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
Lesson learned, OP. In the corporate world, nobody is your friend and will smile at you while they cut your throat. Always look out for #1.
I had always heard horror stories about being black in the corporate world, but I guess I needed to experience it myself :francis: I'm definitely done with it. I'll try and get back into teaching while working on my business efforts.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the op is naive, there's no such thing as a sincere conversation between a white and black person UNLESS y'all talking about racism, systematic oppression, economic disfranchisement, mass incarceration or reparations...everything else is bullshyt. hell to be really honest there's no such thing as a sincere conversation between a black person and black person that don't involve those same topics.

see, but that's the problem with black people. They think everybody that smile and be nice is their fukking friend. America is base upon who can lie the best, that's why anytime you're honest you will receive punishment or labeled "crazy"

so u act the part, u dress the part, speak the part like everybody else at these jobs.Be a robot, do your job and pretend that the hell that's happening on earth is totally nonexistence....and that my friend is the american dream btw
:wow: Dropping those gems.

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
I haven't read a single line of the original post
But don't fukk up and you can't get fired
You can't be fired without due cause otherwise it would be illegal and you could sue for unfair dismissal
Stop blaming the white man for you being a fukk up
*Insert 50 cent laugh and drive off gif*

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Welp, after a month and some change, I got fired right as I walked in. I walked into the office at exactly 9:02. As soon as I sat down he called me into his office. I'm thinking it's gonna be the daily meeting to go over the stuff we need to do for the day.

Instead he says "you're late and this is honestly not something I can keep have happening. We're going to have to let you go".

At first I thought he was joking. Like "ha, yeah good one. Me and them two minutes :russ: "

But dude was dead serious and asked me to turn in my hours for the week so I could get my last check :dahell:

Keep in mind this dude pretty much contradicted himself on more than one occasion. Before I even started I asked him about attendance. He told me "as long as you're not showing up ridiculously late, I'm good. I'm not the type to hold a stopwatch at the door to try and catch you.". Yet that's exactly what he did. Before y'all ask, the latest I've ever gotten into the office was 5 minutes.

And on top of that, this cat was training me on some other areas of the business because he told me there's a place for me with the company long term. This was Wednesday when he said that.

The icing on the cake is that while he was firing me, he was complimenting my work skills. Said I was good at what I did, but he couldn't have me coming in a few minutes late. He even said he'd be open to rehiring me on a temporary basis in the future :stopitslime:

The only thing that makes me mad about this is I was offered a position with a black business that I turned down because I had already to committed to this two weeks prior :snoop:

Anyway, I'm not tripping to be honest. I've had a strong desire to get back to my entrepreneurial pursuits but I had gotten complacent. so maybe this was the kick in the ass I needed :yeshrug:

But yeah, free daps to everyone cause I apparently got some free time now :lolbron:

Cliff's:
-CAC boss fired me this morning after a month despite always smiling to my face and acting like everything was all good.

I promised myself already when I've on the other side of the table running my own firm, I'm shytting on cacs every chance I get, shutting and slamming doors in their faces with no regard whatsoever :mjpls:

50% of my workforce coming from Howard, 25% from other HBCUs and the remaining 25% can be for "diversity". In short, fukk cacs. All the way. So bad my dikk hard. I can't wait to be slamming doors in their faces and only promoting my own.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
He mentioned the guy who had my position before me would often show up late and he didn't want it to be a slippery slope. But that dude was showing up 15-20 minutes late, not 2.

Honestly, think about this. Why was he telling you that :francis: I guess he thought you were smart enough to read through the lines and learn from that dudes mistakes.

Sounds to me you were going over board with your lateness during your probation.

:scust: at the posters in hear blaming OPs fukks on racism :hhh:

Last edited:

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Being late is the absolutely unacceptable in life period.

Get that shyt out of your system now.

I can't take anyone seriously who doesn't value punctuality.

You ain't lyin. That's one of the best things my old man instilled in me and I can't tell you how many times it's paid off

Daps
Yeah probably. The 2 minute thing only happened maybe once a week. And I'd make up for it by making sure I was in earlier the next day. Atlanta traffic is a bytch. But no point in me making excuses for it :francis:

what office was it and how much per hour? im n atl might can hook u up with a call center job