Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Come on bruh. We all love Batman here. But without him his universe becomes a lot less interesting. Especially if it's gonna be entire seasons worth of television.

Plus as a Batman fan the idea for the show just sounds ridiculous to me. The notion that all of these characters destinies were intertwined from the start long before the arrival of Batman just doesn't sound plausible to me and any attempt to make it work is gonna come off forced and contrived.

I always understood that it was BATMAN that brought these people together.

I'm sorry I hate to say it and I know it's cliche and I know you're not gonna wanna hear it but it really couldn't be any simpler. You don't make a Batman show without Batman.

Season 2, Bruce meets Joker in high school, starting a rivalry that will last a lifetime :mjlol:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I fux it with it cause its DC based.

It does have the look and feel of a lot of cheesey DC TV adaptations (Arrow, Smallville) but I think that's just a product of the genre and I expect it to kind of gets its legs together after 6-10 episodes. It looks fun for the most part. I dont think it'll be cancelled as quick as people think though. Even if the ratings plummet it'll probably have enough of a viewership base from comic book heads to get a 2nd season like SHIELD

Also I'll rock with it cause if nothing else Ryan Atwood from the OC and Shaun from Grounded for Life are a buddy cop duo

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
It's a show about Gotham, not Batman. nikkas complain about anything. Arrow looked cheesy at first and turned out to be a dope ass show. I think this will do fine and it doesn't look too campy. And they can still mold the show to where Bruce starts his training. Dudes want a show about a Bats himself :dahellbats:? shyt will have to be HBO status with the budget that show would need. And dudes will still complain. This show will catch people off guard and make em all like :feedme:

Bats still making dudes mad even when he ain't even in the shyt :blessed:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The show doesn't need Batman IMO.....there is a compelling story that could be told with Gordon and the messed up cops of GCPD...but the show needs to focus on Gordon

I think a pre-teen Catwoman giving Gordon the runaround is more compelling :skip:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's a show about Gotham, not Batman. nikkas complain about anything. Arrow looked cheesy at first and turned out to be a dope ass show. I think this will do fine and it doesn't look too campy. And they can still mold the show to where Bruce starts his training. Dudes want a show about a Bats himself :dahellbats:? shyt will have to be HBO status with the budget that show would need. And dudes will still complain. This show will catch people off guard and make em all like :feedme:

Bats still making dudes mad even when he ain't even in the shyt :blessed:

Episode 5, Bruce Wayne is the reason pre poison Ivy misses the school dance, thus starting her hatred for Batman even though he does not exist yet :mjlol:

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Ehh, I'll give it a fair shot before calling it trash but the trailer doesn't give me much hope.

And since it's on FOX, it'll probably be canned before the season ends.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas up in arms about Almost Human getting cancelled :mjlol:

Plus the show has Donal Logue DA GAWD so it can't be that bad.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
they should have done a adaptation of this

GCPD_1.jpg

and not some smallville bullshyt. at least there won't be any
teen angst and corny melodrama......
i give it one full season and maybe 2 or 3 eps of a second season before fox cancels it.

:pacspit: @ fox for canceling almost human and enlisted

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
These fukking tv executives need to start pitching these series ideas to quality cable networks like HBO, AMC, or fukkin FX, wtf year do they think were living in?

Oh man imagine the grittyness this show could get being on HBO

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Ill def watch this. Although the masses will prob dislike it without batman really being in it. id be surprised if it reaches the amount of episodes of the Sarah Connor show