GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN: Senate agrees to 3wk CR; CHIP funded for 6yrs; Feb8 showdown over DACA

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
im fine with DACA to a reasonable degree. but im not fine with democrats saying they wont vote for the budget without it :scusthov: thats damn near treasonous. where the fukk are their priorities :what:

because the worst part is that they dont actually care about these people, theyre just doing it in order to cling to a voting bloc :mjlol: shyt is embarrassingly transparent
You’re usually a funny poster but you need to stop CaCing immediately!:scust:

You really trying to deport DACA recipients that have families and live successful lives? Let’s deport CaCs that live off the government and don’t contribute shyt to the US. And how dare you call democrats treasonous when the gop has systematically ripped apart the election process with the help of a foreign government while passing laws that hurt American citizens while refusing to work with the other party on anything and everything.

They have control of the the WH, senate and House... how is it the dems fault if the government gets shutdown?!:what:

AndroidHero

Superstar
Daps
yes. in the long term, id rather DACA recipients get kicked out than the government shut down. the republicans might get blamed for the shutdown because they have control, but shutting down the government over people who arent here within our citizenship laws is a fukking disgrace :camby:

i know that in a perfect world, america wouldn't have borders. but it does, and this is an awful hill for the democrats to fall on in the wake of trump's election

:jbhmm:

Were you this angry when Republicans shutdown the government back in 2013 over Obamacare?

It's absolutely not disgrace to help DACA recipients many of them are productive citizens who pay taxes and serve in our military, what is disgraceful is to kick them out of the country simply because of mistakes of their parents, and if it takes a government shutdown to keep them here I say to Democrats do it.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
i thought it was talking about costs, not just protection status

you might not believe it, but id like to see the democrats win this year. so ill ask you this; do you think the democrats should shut down the government over people who are here illegally in 2018?
Lol GOP controls all branches of the fed government. Any shutdown is on them and most Americans arent stupid enough to think otherwise.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol GOP controls all branches of the fed government. Any shutdown is on them and most Americans arent stupid enough to think otherwise.
breh the democrats are proclaiming that they're shutting down the government over protecting people who are here illegally. if they wanted to shut it down over the tax cut, for example, i would have been OK with it.

shutting down the entire government over a few hundred thousand people who are here illegally is fukking bullshyt :camby:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's treasonous to support a group who live and contribute to the country over bureaucracy? You're going to have to explain that one. The GOP shut the country down over a health care law that wasn't going anywhere. They are now using people who've been here since they were kids and also children's health care to build a money sink wall across the border that can't be logistically completed.

It's insane.
and ive been nothing but critical of the wall. because that lying fakkit told the country that mexico was gonna pay for it :heh:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:jbhmm:

Were you this angry when Republicans shutdown the government back in 2013 over Obamacare?

It's absolutely not disgrace to help DACA recipients many of them are productive citizens who pay taxes and serve in our military, what is disgraceful is to kick them out of the country simply because of mistakes of their parents, and if it takes a government shutdown to keep them here I say to Democrats do it.
we'll agree to disagree :ehh: i think the country would be able to go about its business without them here

and yo...i dont care if they stay here or not :dead: frankly i think going around finding these people is a waste of money. but i find shutting down the government over them to score political points reprehensible. much like i criticized the republicans for shutting down the government over obamacare, im sure you could go back and find it

You’re usually a funny poster but you need to stop CaCing immediately!:scust:

You really trying to deport DACA recipients that have families and live successful lives? Let’s deport CaCs that live off the government and don’t contribute shyt to the US. And how dare you call democrats treasonous when the gop has systematically ripped apart the election process with the help of a foreign government while passing laws that hurt American citizens while refusing to work with the other party on anything and everything.

They have control of the the WH, senate and House... how is it the dems fault if the government gets shutdown?!:what:
fine :yeshrug: i dont give a fukk

the republicans are treasonous too, its not a zero sum game. the democrats are adversely affecting citizens, their voters, over people who cant vote :camby: i refuse to cheerlead this

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:francis::mjlol:

If the government is shut down over this, it won't go well for Democrats in the midterms.
im sorry, but the audacity of telling government workers that "im stopping your check over people who are here illegally" who told them that this is good politics?

fukk me for not getting behind it, i guess. because we all know that trump is gonna get on TV and loudly remind america that this was the democrats' reason, and he's gonna make them take the blame for it :dead:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
im sorry, but the audacity of telling government workers that "im stopping your check over people who are here illegally" who told them that this is good politics?

fukk me for not getting behind it, i guess. because we all know that trump is gonna get on TV and loudly remind america that this was the democrats' reason, and he's gonna make them take the blame for it :dead:

lol at closing your eyes to what the Republicans are doing.

Why would I waste my time trying to convince a racist of anything?

You don't care about human rights and you don't care about the economic consequences of deportations so what is there really to talk about with your ignorant ass?

At the end of the day you're unable to grasp what's even being discussed besides "they don't look like me so they have to go".

:pachaha:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol at closing your eyes to what the Republicans are doing.

Why would I waste my time trying to convince a racist of anything?

You don't care about human rights and you don't care about the economic consequences of deportations so what is there really to talk about with your ignorant ass?

At the end of the day you're unable to grasp what's even being discussed besides "they don't look like me so they have to go".

:pachaha:
i dont assign race to illegals. what does an illegal immigrant look like?

In Boston, an Irish immigrant’s arrest highlights the role of race in immigration enforcement

i know that you're one of HL's premier thinkers, but that's a pathetic argument