Grime unappreciation thread

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
This retard talking about grime copying Chicago. :comeon:

Not have the slightest fukking clue what you are talking about brehs.

he's clearly talking about modern grime

Listen to what Diz says about modern grime

UK Grime's recent rebirth is directly tied to it's borrowings of Trap/Drill flavorings

It should have been Britain's answer to hip-hop – and just as influential. Why didn't it happen – and is this finally its moment?

There certainly appears to be a renewed interest in grime in 2014. In recent years, many grime producers have become influenced by trap, originally a style of southern US hip-hop; for grime purists this was a disaster, but for a new generation raised on funky house, bassline and deep house, it offered a totally new experience: it put grime in a position where it could be considered seriously as a member of the dance family, but did so without the music losing its essence. "The way grime is now, today, influences people without them even realising," Skepta says. "Beyoncé's Bow Down, to me, that could be a grime tune. If it's electronic and 140-ish bpm and people go crazy to it, to me that's grime. The lines are so blurred right now."

The second coming of grime

trap/drill influences:skip:

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
I deadass made this as a bait thread

Just to get these UK jokes off :skip:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
modern UK grime is clearly chicago drill and or memphis-atl trap influenced. OG grime was basically american rap + jamaican dancehall w/ beats that weren't all that different from alot of southern american hiphop/R&b that deviated from traditional NYC sampled based hiphop.