gun questions for a newbie to guns

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
any good and official websites to order from brehs ?

Daps
I recommend the Ruger SR9 or SR9c (compact)

It’s a quality 9mm which is a solid caliber for all the reasons breh mentions above. I like the Ruger over the Glock for the safety features which were important to me as a first time gun buyer. Adding a deadly weapon to your home you want to limit your exposure to an accident and I’d suspect new gun owners are far more susceptible to such accidents.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
I recommend the Ruger SR9 or SR9c (compact)

It’s a quality 9mm which is a solid caliber for all the reasons breh mentions above. I like the Ruger over the Glock for the safety features which were important to me as a first time gun buyer. Adding a deadly weapon to your home you want to limit your exposure to an accident and I’d suspect new gun owners are far more susceptible to such accidents.
This is a good recommendation, too. Another one to consider if you have safety concerns is the Beretta PX4.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I have SR9c I got for like $400 a week after sandyhook. That was probably price gouge prices back then so may be similar range now. (this is probably one of the worse times to buy)
It's small for concealed carry and has a 17round extended mag

King Frost

Stay Frosty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
North Pole
Small steps breh, you need to be looking at fortifying the place first to prevent them from coming in. Companies make doors and windows specifically for anti-intrusion/robbery. Then hidden cameras and siren to make noise. Guns are a last step, you'll need to know local/state laws, some states are duty to retreat states.

You'll need gun owner insurance because if you lay down a robber, his family is gonna sue you for some BS or the state goes after you for gun violations like don't discharge your firearm within 18 feet of a residence or some shht like that. What if you shoot, miss and hit an old lady or a child? you're responsible for every round that exits that gun.

hatealot

Banned
Daps
Small steps breh, you need to be looking at fortifying the place first to prevent them from coming in. Companies make doors and windows specifically for anti-intrusion/robbery. Then hidden cameras and siren to make noise. Guns are a last step, you'll need to know local/state laws, some states are duty to retreat states.

You'll need gun owner insurance because if you lay down a robber, his family is gonna sue you for some BS or the state goes after you for gun violations like don't discharge your firearm within 18 feet of a residence or some shht like that. What if you shoot, miss and hit an old lady or a child? you're responsible for every round that exits that gun.

Your post right here is what really makes me second guess getting a fire arm. But I don't want to second guess with my life you know.
I'm from the school of thought that just introducing a gun into the environment will increase the hazard factor ten fold. I don't trust the system will have my back if I was to fire off in self defense, I really don't. I feel it will come down to some technicalities and I'm going to still end up with an attempt murder/murder charge.

But again, better to have a fighting chance to live versus someone having your life in their hands. Its clear I need to educate myself more about gun ownership and the duties expected of a gun owner and the specific state laws involved.

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
Glocks are great weapons.
-Inexpensive (but pricey now due to gouging)
-Easy to maintain
-Extremely rugged and reliable

Glock is one brand, and each model is virtually the same. They have different sizes and calibers. The best one for you depends on what you plan to do with it. For home defense, I'd recommend a 9mm 17 or 19. If you want 45, get the 21.
are all 45s loud with the kick? Or just the Desert E? My boy in college had one and the kick back was hell

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
are all 45s loud with the kick? Or just the Desert E? My boy in college had one and the kick back was hell
DEs are traditionally chambered in .50AE. They make .45 versions though. I haven't shot many 45s, but the recoil is very different with DEs, given their gas blowback system vs the short recoil system of Glocks and 1911s. 1911s are my favorite 45s. Super smooth recoil.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Just get the glock 19 and be done with it man. More than enough but be careful up there where you at with the gun laws