Had a conversation with my sister yesterday

timeless

πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’™
Daps
We were talking about Black films and wyte films while browsing Netflix. I told her that me and our older sister were trying to watch this movie called Boy Bye featuring home girl from the Steve Harvey show and the Game (Malik's mom), but it was really stereotypical and we couldn't get past 10 mins of it. But then I'd watch a whole wyte film the next minute. Don't get me wrong, there are Black films I love, but the problem I have is the acting.

This made me realize something that my grandma has talked about, my mom has talked about, my aunts and uncles and god siblings...wyte people are phenomenal actors. I enjoy a lot of wyte films, not because of the plot because most are pure bulkshyt, its because wyte people have this wonderful capability of being someone they aren't to the tee.

I think we have a good amount of Black actors, but often I notice that some cannot really get into character. This led me to the same conclusion that many have already gotten to: they make the best liars, cheaters, heroes, lovers, and thieves in cinema because their gift is emulation.

Which reminded me that most of them have a child like nature to them because as the rest of the world was already evolved, they were still in a primitive state. They are adept learners, which explains why they often do their best to know you, learn you. Their gift is also a curse; you can emulate all you want, but holds little weight when your true nature is finally exposed.

For those who don't care to read I'll just say that:

Wytes are great actors.
They are phenomenal at getting in character.
Often, they do not show you who they really are.

Black people, in my opinion, are excruciatingly raw and honest which is why when I see a Black actor, I see just them, not who they are pretending to be. We are the transparent ones, because it's in our nature to be who we are.

Just my thoughts...after a little discussion with my sister.

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
Too many black films are about the same shyt. Same old trying to make it out the hood flicks, some 50 year old stereotypical black woman trying to find love( tyler perry movies) or some shyt about a nikka trying to become a ball player or a rapper. Blacks stay making the same shyt, and nikkas really wonder why no one watches black movies:mjlol:. Whites stay making all sorts of genres and shyt, and thats why everyone watches their movies. Call me a c00n, everything I said is facts:yeshrug:.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
lamot-tap-dancing-o.gif

tater

Superstar
Daps
No.

I'm sure you weren't watching some great film, it was some c level movie with c level actors. Unfortunately there aren't a lot of black films where black people are able to be characters, they just get to play stereotypes. You said it yourself, that's why the movies are so crappy. There are just as many crappy white movies, if not more.

timeless

πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’™
Daps
No.

I'm sure you weren't watching some great film, it was some c level movie with c level actors. Unfortunately there aren't a lot of black films where black people are able to be characters, they just get to play stereotypes. You said it yourself, that's why the movies are so crappy. There are just as many crappy white movies, if not more.

I watch a lot of films, from international to romance, to some documentaries.

I said the plot isn't the problem, it is the acting. The same plot for Boy Bye is similar to a few wyte films I cannot name at this moment.

It is well known that Black actors do not get the best roles, true. However after watching an acclaimed TV show, How to Get Away With Murder, with the leading Lady, Viola Davis..I cannot seem to find her character believable. She is almost exactly like most roles she played.

Again, this is just my opinion, but thank you for yours.

fdsfa

New Notification^
Daps
i get what you're saying ,but loads of brilliant actors and characters throughout the years

timeless

πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’™
Daps
Same storylines and same black actors.

Denzel my boy but I wish he would play a role that we've never seen. When I see Denzel on screen I see...."Denzel Washington". He's played alot of the same roles.

Would love to see dude in a sci-fi flick
Mentioned this before; I don't see enough Black sci fi films. He did play in Book of Eli, but it was similar to most of his roles...which are always badass. Reminds me of Bruce Willis really.

timeless

πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’™
Daps
This might be one of those agents that have been discussed here :francis:.

Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. Maybe you're an agent sent here to say this, to curve the discussion. Maybe you don't know you're an agent and someone hit your MK buttons.

THE WORLD MAY NEVER KNOW!

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nah, its not that deep bro, Most 'black' films just touch on a few topics..... At least hollywood only wants to give $$$$ for those types of films....

Most black actors you see in Hollywood are greaty actors and have top notch credentials compared to their white counterparts