Had a conversation with my sister yesterday

timeless

πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’™
Daps
c00n shyt. black actors aren't given those roles. simple as that.
See that's the thing. There are quite a handful of prominent Black actors with wealth and connections. We get roles, hell there are two Black women whom are leading lady's on primetime television. One poster mentioned Denzel Washington. Now he has a large profile, and is one of our best.

Again, just my opinion, but thank you for yours.

timeless

πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’™
Daps
i get what you're saying ,but loads of brilliant actors and characters throughout the years

Yes I've enjoyed a lot of Black films, even the stereotypical ones. But I have noticed the difference between wyte actors and Black actors. It seems to be an extension of the image that is to be perceived which is based on their idea of what wyte is or should be.

Thank you for your comment.

timeless

πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’™
Daps
Too many black films are about the same shyt. Same old trying to make it out the hood flicks, some 50 year old stereotypical black woman trying to find love( tyler perry movies) or some shyt about a nikka trying to become a ball player or a rapper. Blacks stay making the same shyt, and nikkas really wonder why no one watches black movies:mjlol:. Whites stay making all sorts of genres and shyt, and thats why everyone watches their movies. Call me a c00n, everything I said is facts:yeshrug:.
This plays into it as well.

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
Same storylines and same black actors.

Denzel my boy but I wish he would play a role that we've never seen. When I see Denzel on screen I see...."Denzel Washington". He's played alot of the same roles.

Would love to see dude in a sci-fi flick

Lol. My mom hated Training Day because Denzel played a bad guy(dirty cop) lol

King Poetic

Can You Spot Me A 20?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
On The Pacific
Same storylines and same black actors.

Denzel my boy but I wish he would play a role that we've never seen. When I see Denzel on screen I see...."Denzel Washington". He's played alot of the same roles.

Would love to see dude in a sci-fi flick

c/s

that's why i like jeffrey wright and don cheadle... they always have different type of roles and their mannerisms are always different

fdsfa

New Notification^
Daps
Yes I've enjoyed a lot of Black films, even the stereotypical ones. But I have noticed the difference between wyte actors and Black actors. It seems to be an extension of the image that is to be perceived which is based on their idea of what wyte is or should be.

Thank you for your comment.

oh yeah thats just white people style, its like theirs a 3rd wall in front of them when it comes to acting.

who are your favorite actors/actress?

timeless

πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’™
Daps
c/s

that's why i like jeffrey wright and don cheadle... they always have different type of roles and their mannerisms are always different
Jeffrey Wright in Lackawanna Blues was pretty damn good. And Don Cheadle and Hotel Rwanda. When in seen that I was glued. They really know the art of getting into character.

Rekorb

Banned
Daps
Saw Andrew Shultz in Sneaky Pete, played the typical white character I've seen in countless movies. There are only 5 or 6 ways you can play a character, only exception is if you are playing a famous figure or someone mentally retarded.

I watched 5 minutes and the acting is not bad.

timeless

πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’™
Daps
oh yeah thats just white people style, its like theirs a 3rd wall in front of them when it comes to acting.

who are your favorite actors/actress?

Its so hard to choose Lol but I'll give it a go:

Angela Basset - I try to remember every line from all her films because she's just too good

James Earl Jones - Watched him in Claudine a few weeks back. Very dominating presence and his voice certainly carries. I also liked him in Roots the Next Generation.

Anika Noni Rose - She has a sweet nature to her in almost all of her roles. Her last name embodies her aura: gentle like a rose. And her voice? Too gorgeous.

Billy Dee Williams - He is a handsome guy ( nah he is fine beyond measure) but his charisma on screen is magnetic. He'd make a cunning azz politician.

Whoopi Goldberg - Watched almost all her films, mainly because like Billie Dee, her charisma is her greatest asset. She plays her roles to a t and although they can become a little redundant with the pairing, she is intriguing to watch.

Wesley Snipes - He's a grade a actor in my book. I find him believable in every movie he does. His shyt talking is almost unexpected but desired Lol.

Kimberly Elise - Great range of emotions. I love her talent, I love her movies. She deserves roles that highlight her ability to jump into pain, sadness, anger, bliss. When she's happy I'm happy, when she's sad I just wamt to hug her.

Cisley Tyson (she definitely earned he r place and deserves a star but you know hw is full of it), Don Cheadle as mentioned above, Diahann Carol, Debbie Morgan, Denzel Washington ( he does need more generes to work with outside of police/criminal roles) etc.

timeless

πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’™
Daps
Saw Andrew Shultz in Sneaky Pete, played the typical white character I've seen in countless movies. There are only 5 or 6 ways you can play a character, only exception is if you are playing a famous figure or someone mentally retarded.

I watched 5 minutes and the acting is not bad.
Haven't seen that. Cuba Gooding did his thing in radio, so I did enjoy that. I don't think you can mess up playing such a character Lol.