Haïti been in a crisis but Israel Palestine conflict is the trendy thing to care about

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
I would agree with what you're saying if the people who post about it online were genuine. But they're not. @Pazzy brought up a good point about the Pray for Paris stuff. I forgot all about that mess. But so many people were posting that stuff on social media and then the second the media stopped talking about it, those people moved on to something else.

Some folks would blame it on the media like I saw a breh in this thread try to do. "The media is owned by corporations so they don't talk about certain things."

But lemme ask you this. What's stopping all of those ppl who were "praying for Paris" to Google it and stay on top of it online and keep track of how life is going for the victims? Mainstream media won't report on that but there are plenty of small independent news sources that will.

But you and I both know why the pray for Paris people won't do that. Cause they don't care. They never did. It was just something cute to post on social media. And now they're done with it. They probably forgot it happened just like I did. But at least I didn't post about it pretending to care.
Two reasons. People are easily distracted and google is only as good as what's posted. Look at what happened recently. The lawsuit and allegations against Diddy took social media by storm. Shortly after, people were districted by the Drake and Kendrick beef. The vid of Diddy brought it back to life. The same can be said for most events people feel about.

Daps
Two reasons. People are easily distracted and google is only as good as what's posted. Look at what happened recently. The lawsuit and allegations against Diddy took social media by storm. Shortly after, people were districted by the Drake and Kendrick beef. The vid of Diddy brought it back to life. The same can be said for most events people feel about.

If they're easily distracted from it, do they really care about it?

I have a lot of things that I care about in my life and nothing can distract me from those things and make me never think about them ever again. And if it can, then I never really cared about that thing.

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
Honestly, I feel like all the "what about Haiti?", "what about Congo?", "what about Sudan?" deflections are way more fake and disingenuous. The only times I see most of these people talking about these situations is to complain about others being concerned about Palestine.

Why do yall feel entitled to other people's activism? Why do yall feel the need to dictate other people's activism? Why aren't you being activists for the causes you deem worthy with the same fervor?

We got a whole thread dedicated to the situation in Haiti and only one poster, @loyola llothta is keeping it alive. If yall care so much, then prove it by keeping the thread we already got popping. That's the bare minimum.

The Haitian geopolitics thread in The Root ain't been updated in almost three months.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Haiti progressing is not in the interest of any world power.

It would be one less place for rich americans, politicians and ONGs to launder funds.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Respectfully I see your point but disagree. IMO its people showing support online cause that's all they may feel they can do. Regardless, it the quality of information that's a serious people. Even those who are up to date on current reports are not getting the entire story. One good example for me was the Rwanda genocide that happened years back. It wasn't until a read a book on the issue that Germany played it's hand in it. Something I don't recall ever being reported.
:ohhh:Did not know that.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We got a whole thread dedicated to the situation in Haiti and only one poster, @loyola llothta is keeping it alive. If yall care so much, then prove it by keeping the thread we already got popping. That's the bare minimum.

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/haiti-nearly-a-million-people-took-to-the-streets-they-want-the-western-imposed-government-out-of.667565/page-135

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/the-official-contemporary-haitian-geopolitics-event-thread.632829/page-38

The Haitian geopolitics thread in The Root ain't been updated in almost three months.

Between both these threads, thread starter has one post total.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
We got people doing protests doing camping on campuses for cacs in the middle east, but nothing for Haiti.

Racism could be a factor, but another issue is that people know what to protest regarding Israel. They're calling for Israel to stop killing Palestinians, USA to stop giving weapons to Israel, their universities to divest from Israeli corporations, and freedom for Palestine.

What would they call for re: Haiti? Do they want the USA to intervene? To not intervene? Most people don't even know, including you.

You're starting a thread to bytch about other people not protesting, but you're not protesting either and you don't even post in the Haiti threads.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I live in Florida. All these Haitians waving their flag all the time could band together and do something for their homeland but they ain't so why should anyone else?

Just this week, you've argued:

There's no systematic racism in American education, Black children are just spending too much on prom

Haitian refugees are the reason Haiti is in a bad state

Democrats are at fault for Republican governor Abbott pardoning a White Supremacist

Black people use slavery as a crutch

Do you have any identity here beyond shytting on Black people online?

Toussaint

Struggle, challenge, and rise to struggle again
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I made a thread about a million people in Africa being displaced by Chinese funded death squads

One reply :mjlol:

DonB90

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Just this week, you've argued:

There's no systematic racism in American education, Black children are just spending too much on prom

Democrats are at fault for Republican governor Abbott pardoning a White Supremacist

Do you have any identity here beyond shytting on Black people online?
Your a volume shooter liar. Don't have the energy to even respond to all that shyt you just wrote :skip:

Its Haitian Flag Day alot of zoes down here waving the flag throwing big ass parties from Orlando down to Miami but MY Black American ass is suppose to do something for their country that literally has no govt at the current moment? Big no. Get mad

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Your a volume shooter liar. Don't have the energy to even respond to all that shyt you just wrote :skip:

You must not know who you're talking to. I have receipts for every one of those

My claim on what you said:

Your words:
Black people use slavery as a crutch.

Your words:
Whats stopping the DOJ of charging him isn't a Democrat in office I'm thoroughly confused thecoli told me only Trump would allow this something about lesser of two evils:jbhmm:

Your words:
All these Haitians waving their flag all the time could band together and do something for their homeland but they ain't so why should anyone else?

Your words:
Is this a SAT is racist thread?:mjlol:

I wish Black ppl in the hood cared about academics the same way they cared about the prom.

If sharecroppers that had to walk 5 miles to school can somehow overcome obstacles to get where they want to in life and uplift themselfs from abject poverty, whats stopping and child currently in 2024 from doing the same in America please humor me? Other then lack of discipline towards education..... which is the reason why Asians test the highest its not because they are inherently smarter, they are pushed by PARENTS and their community to excel in education. Simple as that

Black people just pay for it when it comes to alot of things. Really stupid things. You ever seen these kids "urban" schools going to prom?

Everyone's learning who you are now. :ufdup: