Harvard Bible Scholar Says Passage Condemning Gays Was Rewritten - Original Said It Was Fine

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This scholar doesn't know it was an edit admittedly with using terms like probably. Secondly why didnt the alleged editor just get rid of this passage all together?

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
IbucciMane! said:
TBH, we been hearing about the "last days" since the beginning of time. Doubtful that it happens any time soon :francis:

Well, if you read the text, you'd know that according to Genesis, we're still in 'Day 7'.....and have been for thousands of years.

With that said, the 'Last Days' probably aren't measured in increments of 24 hours, either.

Eschatology is rather intriguing, though.​

GodinDaFlesh

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Godverse
To be fair, those laws were referencing male temple prostitution, not consensual sex between two adult men. I'm not an LBGT activist, but you gotta understand the context of biblical times. :yeshrug:

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Daps
the Bible is a farce along with many other monotheistic religions who’s stories/fables translating astrology have been taken way too literally. most of the rules in that shyt make no sense which is why followers cherry pick what they live by from it

Call the book a myth when the book speaks about black people while your (so called) "oppressor" says its about them brehs :mjlol:

be black and believe in a religion who’s god cares more about gays over the past 50 years than +600 years of slavery, Jim crow, and racism brehs

:mjlol:

Be black and not understand that cacs have been trying to exterminate you for the last 300+ years and your numbers still increase brehs... :mjlol:

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
The bible as we know it has definitely had many iterations and various scribes have definitely added and removed stuff to suit their political, moral, social ideology

So whether Leviticus had text "permitting gay sex" before....I dont know

But I would not dismiss it out of hand because lots of shyt in the Bible is logically inconsistent and impractical.....

The bible speaks on extramarital sex a bit too but that dont stop no clergy does it :skip:

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
If this "scholar" is right then this is the logical conclusion.

but it makes for the bizarre idea that, in ancient Israel, men could have sex with as many men as they desired, without penalty, so long as they were not close blood relatives. Yet they could only have sex with the woman (or, women) they were married to, and at that, with certain purity guidelines
If you can't see that's some weird logic....

Read the rest of this response from Dr. Brown who wrote a rebuttal.

Creating a New Version of Leviticus to Support Gay Sex

God Almighty

Your Lord
Daps
The Last Days are next week, get your drink on, get your smoke on, get your fukk on with whoever, and just ask forgiveness right before I kill you all and you'll go to Heaven to hang with Pac. :troll:

killacal

Banned
Daps
Reggie wants this to be true so he can tell his church parents he's now living his best life:picard:

:mjlol::mjlol: every day you have 3 threads sprinkled with ideas of coming out.

Your first line is

"I have no case in this":hubie:

You in all types of denial:dame::mjlol:

@JOHN.KOOL