Harvey Weinstein Brehs

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
All those hoes winning Oscars (Jennifer Lawrence) and even getting nominated for them are looking really funny in the light.

I thought it was hilarious when Meryl Streep was scolding Trump in one of her acceptance speeches when that same fukkery talks place in Hollywood and it is 10x worse.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
All those hoes winning Oscars (Jennifer Lawrence) and even getting nominated for them are looking really funny in the light.

I thought it was hilarious when Meryl Streep was scolding Trump in one of her acceptance speeches when that same fukkery talks place in Hollywood and it is 10x worse.

You can shyt on one without saying the other is an angel. President is an easy target. But she’s not going to target an entire town when she knows good people who don’t deal with fukkery are in the room and trying to be on the up and up. Harvey may be one of the few documented incidents but that doesn’t mean everyone in Hollywood is like him or James woods.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

Don't you DARE bring J Law into this. She was fantastic in Winter's Bone, American Hustle, SLP.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Perhaps the most successful of those former Weinstein-sponsored It Girls is Gwyneth Paltrow. As Olivia Armstrong wrote for the Decider in 2015:

Paltrow was the Weinsteins’ It Girl back in 1995, right after Se7en put her on the map and just before The Pallbearer and Emma — the latter earning her the top-billing spot two years later in Miramax’s first Best Picture-winner, Shakespeare in Love, beating Steven Spielberg’s war epic, Saving Private Ryan, which, to this day, is still a shock. Paltrow was The Weinsteins’ most promising money-maker, and if there’s anything Harvey Weinstein loves more than editing films to death, it’s money.
Paltrow is still publicly friendly with Weinstein, but — as Jordan Sargent noted for Defamer in 2015 — “weird stuff” comes up when she talks about him. Like this quote:

When Talk magazine launched, pal Gwyneth Paltrow ended up posing in S&M garb that didn't fit either her career arc or any of her personal needs. Paltrow says that "there were certain favors that he asked me to do that I felt were not exploitive but not necessarily as great for me as they were for him."

As Enlow details, Weinstein was behind heavy publicity pushes for Mira Sorvino(Oscar for Mighty Aphrodite in 1995, no longer a household name), Jessica Alba(Weinstein gave her a shot at a prestige role with Awake in 2005), and Sienna Miller(Weinstein gave her Factory Girl and touted both the actress and the film as the next big thing), among many others.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Perhaps the most successful of those former Weinstein-sponsored It Girls is Gwyneth Paltrow. As Olivia Armstrong wrote for the Decider in 2015:

Paltrow was the Weinsteins’ It Girl back in 1995, right after Se7en put her on the map and just before The Pallbearer and Emma — the latter earning her the top-billing spot two years later in Miramax’s first Best Picture-winner, Shakespeare in Love, beating Steven Spielberg’s war epic, Saving Private Ryan, which, to this day, is still a shock. Paltrow was The Weinsteins’ most promising money-maker, and if there’s anything Harvey Weinstein loves more than editing films to death, it’s money.
Paltrow is still publicly friendly with Weinstein, but — as Jordan Sargent noted for Defamer in 2015 — “weird stuff” comes up when she talks about him. Like this quote:

When Talk magazine launched, pal Gwyneth Paltrow ended up posing in S&M garb that didn't fit either her career arc or any of her personal needs. Paltrow says that "there were certain favors that he asked me to do that I felt were not exploitive but not necessarily as great for me as they were for him."

As Enlow details, Weinstein was behind heavy publicity pushes for Mira Sorvino(Oscar for Mighty Aphrodite in 1995, no longer a household name), Jessica Alba(Weinstein gave her a shot at a prestige role with Awake in 2005), and Sienna Miller(Weinstein gave her Factory Girl and touted both the actress and the film as the next big thing), among many others.

Yeah Paltrow was a thot for a role. Puts her divorce from Brad Pitt in a different light

Daps
Reppin
In The Clouds
Becaue it’s a younger generation not dealing with the bullshyt the gen before them did. And they’re more willing to speak out as the system changes little by little, allowing them to speak up rather than have their careers destroyed for talking.
To be real, Ashley Judd didn't speak out until her career was basically done. Not that it matters.
Don't you DARE bring J Law into this. She was fantastic in Winter's Bone, American Hustle, SLP.
It’s the Coli breh. If a female won any award and they don’t like her then she had to fukk someone for it
I don't think that's the point. They're talking about how you got the role in the first place. Talent is inconsequential when you think that the reason you got the role was because of something else. I don't rate J Law as highly as you guys but she's a competent actress. I don't think anyone doubts that. Sitting back and watching the Coli opinions are shaped by how much you like someone pretty much. I don't think anyone in here knows what being objective means.

JetLife

/ SOHH /
Daps
Reppin
Golden State

J-Law is a solid actress ... but you do realize who produced and promoted SLP to get her that Oscar right?

Also, that same person was outchea talking like her agent in that run from 2012-2014 up until the Fappening. What producer is so closely involved with an actress when they aren't even booked for any of his productions or part of any promotion run?

-----

According to producer Harvey Weinstein, J-Law really is taking a year-long hiatus from Hollywood.

"She's going to have a long break for a year where she won't do anything. It's been non-stop for her and she deserves a rest," the Silver Linings Playbook producer told the U.K.'s Sun on Sunday, referring to Lawrence's recent schedule.

"Jennifer is too nice and will do people favors and agrees to do a movie like American Hustle when she could have had a rest," Weinstein explained.

Jennifer Lawrence May Take A Year Off From Hollywood