Harvey Weinstein Brehs

Daps
Reppin
In The Clouds
Objective would mean not assuming anyone or everyone plays by the same rules and that if someone like Jeniffer Lawrence or any female gets accalaim it’s because she’s fukking someone. Yes there are instances of it happening but this place assumes it’s the rule of the road for everyone and that’s sexist as hell. This is a thread the needle discussion because there’s more nuance involved but our tendency as humans is to paint everyone with the same brush

And yeah i was speaking more about amber tamblyn and Rose McGowan not really Ashley. Rose was still in her prime when she spoke out and it’s affected her career.
And like two people assumed and then you and others rushed in to claim because the person has talent that it could not be true. My point was that neither of you are right. What you're doing is honorable and giving the benefit of the doubt which I would do in most circles, but it's the internet and I'm just arguing about the logic. You and others said because so and so is talented then the accusations should not point in there direction in anyway (or at least you cosigned it). And I said talent is inconsequential if how you got in was by that sort of push (mind you I blame Weinstein moreso than any women), I'm just talking about a matter of logic. I never assumed a thing, I was pointing out that in your defense, you assumed the opposite. Being objective means saying "I don't know, but I hate the fact that it puts another woman's accomplishments under scrutiny."

And your Rose example does not work because nothing happened when she spoke out. The needle was not moved at all. It took Ashley Judd speaking on the record. And in that you missed my point, which was saying that you're overstating how much the system is changing. No one came to Kesha's defense in the doctor luke stuff and the board is "considering" removing Weinstein. That basically means we are going to see if he can win the PR game and just sit in the back and not be visible. Sexism is very powerful.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
And like two people assumed and then you and others rushed in to claim because the person has talent that it could not be true. My point was that neither of you are right. What you're doing is honorable and giving the benefit of the doubt which I would do in most circles, but it's the internet and I'm just arguing about the logic. You and others said because so and so is talented then the accusations should not point in there direction in anyway (or at least you cosigned it). And I said talent is inconsequential if how you got in was by that sort of push (mind you I blame Weinstein moreso than any women), I'm just talking about a matter of logic. I never assumed a thing, I was pointing out that in your defense, you assumed the opposite. Being objective means saying "I don't know, but I hate the fact that it puts another woman's accomplishments under scrutiny."

And your Rose example does not work because nothing happened when she spoke out. The needle was not moved at all. It took Ashley Judd speaking on the record. And in that you missed my point, which was saying that you're overstating how much the system is changing. No one came to Kesha's defense in the doctor luke stuff and the board is "considering" removing Weinstein. That basically means we are going to see if he can win the PR game and just sit in the back and not be visible. Sexism is very powerful.

Your last point is valid which is why I said earlier it’s changing little by little. If it were actually changed then Harvey would have much stiffer consequences to deal with. Or we wouldn’t be reading tweets about this being the worst kept secret in Hollywood for years and no one saying anything about it.

Sexism and racism and any other ism help hold institutions together and there’s a reason they’re institutions. Not enough people are willing to rock the boat to jeopardize their wallets

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Actress Ellen Barkin tweeted that she is 'sick to death of apologies' following Harvey Weinstein's statement of apology, just hours after praising his mother.

Shortly after The New York Times claimed on Thursday that Weinstein sexually harassed a number of female employees and movie stars over the course of his three-decade career as one of Hollywood's most celebrated studio heads, actress Rosie O'Donnell retweeted the story.

In one exchange with a Twitter user O'Donnell said 'I believe it', appearing to reference the allegations, but not mentioning Weinstein by name. That exchange prompted Barkin to question O'Donnell in a tweet.

Read more: Ellen Barkin tweets fury after Weinstein's statement | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Perhaps the most successful of those former Weinstein-sponsored It Girls is Gwyneth Paltrow. As Olivia Armstrong wrote for the Decider in 2015:

Paltrow was the Weinsteins’ It Girl back in 1995, right after Se7en put her on the map and just before The Pallbearer and Emma — the latter earning her the top-billing spot two years later in Miramax’s first Best Picture-winner, Shakespeare in Love, beating Steven Spielberg’s war epic, Saving Private Ryan, which, to this day, is still a shock. Paltrow was The Weinsteins’ most promising money-maker, and if there’s anything Harvey Weinstein loves more than editing films to death, it’s money.
Paltrow is still publicly friendly with Weinstein, but — as Jordan Sargent noted for Defamer in 2015 — “weird stuff” comes up when she talks about him. Like this quote:

When Talk magazine launched, pal Gwyneth Paltrow ended up posing in S&M garb that didn't fit either her career arc or any of her personal needs. Paltrow says that "there were certain favors that he asked me to do that I felt were not exploitive but not necessarily as great for me as they were for him."

As Enlow details, Weinstein was behind heavy publicity pushes for Mira Sorvino(Oscar for Mighty Aphrodite in 1995, no longer a household name), Jessica Alba(Weinstein gave her a shot at a prestige role with Awake in 2005), and Sienna Miller(Weinstein gave her Factory Girl and touted both the actress and the film as the next big thing), among many others.
Paltrow is the daughter of Hollywood royalty so she probably never thought anything sinister of whatever Weinstein was doing. Just chalked it up to be being part of the game because she grew up in that world. Her dad was a big Hollywood producer also so she probably has a warped sense of reality when it comes to this stuff.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Where the casting couch. I suck as many dikks as possible if it puts me in Hollywood :sas2:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps

That look, tho.

Being a black dude ain't always the best (societally), but ain't nothing worse than being a small white woman.

Smashing all that prime meat.
:francis:

Based on the allegations, it would be fairer to assume that he tried to smash all of them, not that he did.

It wouldn't be fair to say every woman he's ever stood next to or given a job to had sex with him. That would be about as fair to them as saying if you've taken a picture with a guy who later came out of the closet means you had sex with him.

But I'm sure he got his (un)fair share of reluctant sex in his 30 years of operation.