Harvey Weinstein Brehs

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Darryl F Zanuck and Harry Cohn would be proud that the casting couch is still going on today :wow:. Brehs were visionaries and innovators of undercover sleaze

Last edited:

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
Has been actresses who admitted they were afraid it would hurt their careers, but now that their careers are over, it's time to speak out. The shyt is so disingenuous (and from personal experience I know Rose McGowan ain't shyt and her word is useless, even to other women), but still not gonna cape for Harvey.

Where is Judd Apatow to condemn him like he did Cosby? Until I hear from good ole male feminist Judd, I ain't giving one iota of a fukk. :hubie:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
This was fairly well known, I remember the Judd piece from 2015 was rumored to be him. Lot of sexism and misogyny even in here, imagine in those insanely wealthy circles, disgusting and shameful, embarrassing behavior. All these things we love are laced with the poison of racism, sexism, white male privilege, perversion of wealth inequality.... it's a harsh truth.

the NY Times article is very clear that he didn't harass or sexually proposition ALL, or even most of the women he worked with, a very specific set of women, over a long period of years. This doesn't compromise anyone's Oscars.

It's just so sick these guys are so prone to this, just sleep with women, sleep with hookers, pick up groupies, go on normal dates, anything but sexually harass and victimize people. But, that's their perversion, of power and wealth, influence.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
To be real, Ashley Judd didn't speak out until her career was basically done. Not that it matters.

I don't think that's the point. They're talking about how you got the role in the first place. Talent is inconsequential when you think that the reason you got the role was because of something else. I don't rate J Law as highly as you guys but she's a competent actress. I don't think anyone doubts that. Sitting back and watching the Coli opinions are shaped by how much you like someone pretty much. I don't think anyone in here knows what being objective means.

Objective would mean not assuming anyone or everyone plays by the same rules and that if someone like Jeniffer Lawrence or any female gets accalaim it’s because she’s fukking someone. Yes there are instances of it happening but this place assumes it’s the rule of the road for everyone and that’s sexist as hell. This is a thread the needle discussion because there’s more nuance involved but our tendency as humans is to paint everyone with the same brush

And yeah i was speaking more about amber tamblyn and Rose McGowan not really Ashley. Rose was still in her prime when she spoke out and it’s affected her career.