Has anybody else fell off as hard promo wise as the rock?

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
It's hard to say if he actually fell off or not.
“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be”

If his promos have been wack for ten years. He's wack.

If Chapelle releases multiple specials where he's obsessing over trans folks more than telling jokes. I think it's fair to say hes not funny anymore.

:manny:

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be”

If Chapelle releases multiple specials where he's obsessing over trans folks more than telling jokes. I think it's fair to say hes not funny anymore.

The Chapelle example isn't about what he's doing now. Whoever you think the best comedian is, if he takes the Tonight Show job, you're gonna say he fell off, even if his talent and skill doesn't drop a bit.

I didnt think the matches were that good but him and Cena did GREAT stuff on the mic, had people thinking the promo part was a shoot. It wasn't all fruity pebbles.

I think Rocks gonna do some good storytelling and promos in this Roman feud that aren't just goofy sh1t. This is probably the end for him and I think he cares about quality.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
The Chapelle example isn't about what he's doing now. Whoever you think the best comedian is, if he takes the Tonight Show job, you're gonna say he fell off, even if his talent and skill doesn't drop a bit.
If the comedian takes the Tonight Show job and stops being funny. I think it makes sense for me to think he's no longer funny.
I think Rocks gonna do some good storytelling and promos in this Roman feud that aren't just goofy sh1t. This is probably the end for him and I think he cares about quality.
Maybe, maybe not. Recent history says that won't be the case. Think it's fair to say he's fallen off until he proves otherwise.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Dave is an active, full time comedian. Dwayne aint been an active, full time wrestler since Dubbya's first term.

He is gonna generate interest just by being there he doesnt even need to say anything. Thats all a promo is for. That wasnt for smarks. It was to attract mainstream attention. And yeah as somebody else mentioned you cant get away with most of his old shtick in this day and age. Another thing that I think we struggle with with legends is accepting their age. Dude is 51 years old. He isnt gonna be on what he was on at 27. Beyond that he is successful and rich in another arena so he aint gonna have the same hunger he did back then anyway.

What stood out to me was that heavy ass breathing after a 1 min of light action.

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
Because it's not the rock.. it's Dwayne playing the character of the rock like a legacy act

We haven't seen the real rock since 2003

You guys should just appreciate he still takes time to show up in wwe cause he doesn't have to at all
Facts. The real Rock retired at the same time as Austin and we didn't even know it. :mjcry:

Now he's just an actor with a PR and branding machine behind him for every post/promo/appearance.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Dave is an active, full time comedian. Dwayne aint been an active, full time wrestler since Dubbya's first term.

He is gonna generate interest just by being there he doesnt even need to say anything. Thats all a promo is for. That wasnt for smarks. It was to attract mainstream attention. And yeah as somebody else mentioned you cant get away with most of his old shtick in this day and age. Another thing that I think we struggle with with legends is accepting their age. Dude is 51 years old. He isnt gonna be on what he was on at 27. Beyond that he is successful and rich in another arena so he aint gonna have the same hunger he did back then anyway.

What stood out to me was that heavy ass breathing after a 1 min of light action.
I'm not grading him on a scale. The only thing I look at wrestling wise is was it entertaining or not. It was not entertaining.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Facts. The real Rock retired at the same time as Austin and we didn't even know it. :mjcry:

Now he's just an actor with a PR and branding machine behind him for every post/promo/appearance.
Wild when you think about it. Its like Terry and Macho both walking away in 1988. We will most likely never see a lifer megastar again. shyt Terry prolly woulda left back then if his movies didnt all flop.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
There's a thread in the Film Room about how The Rock is the most oversaturated star in Hollywood right now. And it's not wrong.

He also got caught up in a weird lie where he's posted himself going to In-and-Out like three times saying it's the first time he's been there :mjlol:

The 'Black Adam' fallout was pretty weird and I think Hollywood was taking notice.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The part that was weird was all the Pro-America shyt... all the pandering shyt... what was that about?
I am guessing he was responding to ol boy who I am guessing did the whole anti America gimmick. I just fast fowarded to the Peoples Elbow and the end of the promo :russ: