Has anyone ever had a job offer you are under qualified??

AsTheWorldBurns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
State to the Lake
@AsTheWorldBurns had a whole thread about having to do a project after lying on her resume

:lolbron:

I did not lie :stopitslime:

They had me doin all typa shyt outside of my role because we lost so many ppl towards the beginning of the pandemic.

But now I’m proficient in JQL and I can make all type of filters in Jira :queen:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Yes, I have. With an elite company as well but I had the traits, work ethic, and personality they were looking for. That's why they choose me. That and I strongly believed God was using me as a vessel. It worked out as well. Generally, people aren't going to hire you if you are underqualified. It's even less likely if you are overqualified. They look for more of the same from where you came from and they really want a white version of what you are the most if they can find it.

Last edited:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
yea, i got a tech lead job at a major company
was scared at first but once i got there it was basically similar work to what i did before + extra meetings/documentation/mentoring
I'm in software though where it's not unusual to have to learn and do new things at EVERY job you take

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Lowkey, the role I’m in now is kinda like that. I said I knew SQL (I do) but the level required for this role is levels above what I have. However, I’ve been growing into the role since my general business knowledge is quite good.

This. You need a confidant to ask stupid questions, preferably not your manager or someone on the team.
I know I'm kind of late but I wouldnt worry too much about something like that, because they usually train you, how they want their data handled. You can always ask questions. The most important thing is to be a quick and diligent learner.

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
No.

I did indicate a much higher familiarity with a platform than I had though-company used a competitor anyway and learning it wasn’t really a huge leap in skillset/difficult.