Has anyone seen the hip hop musical Hamilton?

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hamilton (musical) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hip Hop musical about Alexander Hamilton written by the Puerto Rican dude who made In the Heights

I know it's gotten all these awards and the cast even performed at the White House but I never bothered to listen to the soundtrack. My friend told me to listen to one of the songs, rap battle between Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson and these dudes actually went in lol

I wanna see the show but it's impossible to get tickets.

And for those that don't know about Hamilton, he basically lived the life of a 90s gangsta rapper as summarized in this thread
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/alex...-still-realer-than-ya-favorite-rapper.402784/

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.

Hip Hop musical about Alexander Hamilton written by the Puerto Rican dude who made In the Heights

I know it's gotten all these awards and the cast even performed at the White House but I never bothered to listen to the soundtrack. My friend told me to listen to one of the songs, rap battle between Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson and these dudes actually went in lol

And for those that don't know about Hamilton, he basically lived the life of a 90s gangsta rapper as summarized in this thread
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/alex...-still-realer-than-ya-favorite-rapper.402784/

I wanna see it too. It's been bubblin' for some time, and now it has gotten its second wind and getting even more accolades. When I saw Miranda at the White House with Obama, I knew he'd reached a high point.

His story is inspirational too. :salute:

Y'all Africans better start thinking unconventionally when it comes to using your rap skills. :ufdup:

But the fact that your post garnered zero responses tells it all. :snoop:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wanna see it too. It's been bubblin' for some time, and now it has gotten its second wind and getting even more accolades. When I saw Miranda at the White House with Obama, I knew he'd reached a high point.

His story is inspirational too. :salute:

Y'all Africans better start thinking unconventionally when it comes to using your rap skills. :ufdup:

But the fact that your post garnered zero responses tells it all. :snoop:

Given how big the show has been I'm actually surprised by the lack of threads I've seen on it here. But I'm sure most people assume it's a normal Broadway musical

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA

I tried to get tickets, but that shyt is sold the fukk out.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Given how big the show has been I'm actually surprised by the lack of threads I've seen on it here. But I'm sure most people assume it's a normal Broadway musical

You're in the booth on thecoli.com. ... they don't care about this. :smh:

:salute: to you for trying to raise awareness.

He's quite possibly one of few, if not the only rapper, to freestyle off the top alongside the president on white house grounds.

He's much more than a rapper but he's clearly a wordsmith and utilizes rap stylings.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw it in December, best show I have even seen :blessed:. Great story telling real lyrics. You can tell the creator is a Hip-hop head. Tix were pricey as f*ck bu my in-laws paid as a birthday gift :lolbron:.

They also did a debate like a freestyle battle :dead:

How'd they get tickets? That shyt is pretty much a lottery right?

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They bought on the website I thought. I can find out. They will have a traveling show starting in Chicago soon I think.

Yeah I know they're going on a national tour. Its sad that the tickets are so hard to get. I feel like the people who would really appreciate a show like this won't have access to it

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
Dam I gotta check this out cause
In The Heights was :banderas:. Saw that shyt live and it was the first time I saw a live play :pacspit: