Has there ever been a lightskinned superhero? Non-biracial

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
what about legend of korra?

Honestly, I have no clue what her ethnicity would be.

legend-korra-netflix.png

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
My mans Kaldur from Young Justice (Black mantis' son) can pass for light skinned I guess.. or caramel.. idk

latest

ignore the fact that they made this nikka gay in the third season :francis:

huhldup.. they made Korra gay too :snoop:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
When artists draw black heroes, they want you to KNOW they're black. That's just harder to pull off if you draw someone who's supposed to be a light skinned black person.:francis:

Just cosplay a white character.:troll:

But seriously, as someone with young light skinned family members it would be cool if they had a hero or two....

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
When artists draw black heroes, they want you to KNOW they're black. That's just harder to pull off if you draw someone who's supposed to be a light skinned black person.:francis:

Just cosplay a white character.:troll:

But seriously, as someone with young light skinned family members it would be cool if they had a hero or two....
it isn't harder if you give them black features and black hair.

But how many of these heroes are humans from earth anyway?

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
I think the black panther comics had characters with a range of complexions and skin tones

Black-Panther-1-Exclusive-Variant-Comic-2320992_grande.jpg

STL138979.jpg

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
it isn't harder if you give them black features and black hair.

But how many of these heroes are humans from earth anyway?

I'd have to see it to know if it's done successfully, but I don't know where to look. And that's the problem.:francis:

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
Nope

Every black person has the same skin tone. If the character is lighter they make sure they're mixed.

They don't even consider the fact that our skin tone can change as we age either.

Crayola even put out skin tone colored crayons, pencils and markers. There's no excuse.

Crayola-crayons-Colors-of-the-World-698x393.png

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
Also dark skin brehs are seen as hyper masculine by CACS, whereas light skin brehs don’t fit on that spectrum.

It’s cheap cliche casting. A breh having dark skin automatically means he’s discriminated against by the viewer and ascribed certain characteristics of being ultra masculine or embodying a black figure, etc.

A lightskin breh isn’t afforded that privilege because they aren’t stereotyped in the same way. It’s more of a nuanced thing. On the other end, it’s why female characters are almost always light skin or biracial because in this racist binary they are viewed as feminine. Whereas dark skin black women are viewed as masculine and asexual, or even hypersexual yet still lacking femininity.

Keep in mind that CACS literal CACS make the casting decisions and set the standards. So even black people choose to cast black men in a similar fashion.