Has there ever been a movie sequel as disappointing as Incredibles 2?

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
nah breh you gotta realize before that movie everything turtles related was fire. the cartoon, the movies (second one wasn't as good as the classic first but still solid), the video games all dope. then that bullshyt 3rd movie hit and ruined everything. had a young nikka in the theater like :gucci:

then after that :trash: film the even more :trash: live action tv show came out and the franchise died for like a decade

I think after the third Ninja Turtles movie came out is when the franchise in itself started losing steam, at least for me. After that I moved on to Batman The Animated Series, X-Men, Spider-Man, Gargoyles, etc. Surprised the first animated series lasted for so long.

1-8-7-Skillz

Superstar
Daps
Man, looking back Spider Man 3 was :trash: as fukk. When I watched it for the first time, being much younger I kinda enjoyed it and liked the characters but when I rewatched it much later it actually stood out to me how much it sucked :mindblown:

born of fire

sherri martel stan account
Supporter
Daps
412vD6a2YQL._AC_.jpg

When you're a kid, you like any movie people show you since you don't know any better. This movie was a rite of passage for me...
X3 was my first time coming out of a movie theater like :dahell: "what did I just watch?!"

I hadn't even read the real Phoenix story in the comics at that point, so my only point of reference was the 90s X-men animated series (which is still better than the films).
But even at that young age I started to realize there was something very, very wrong with these X-men movies.
x2 is one of the first movies i remember seeing in theaters as a little kid... i loved x-men so much. so i was hype over xmen 3, i remember there being this giant billboard in oakland before its release.

i think i saw it it in theaters? but i was disappointed in it. that movie is hot garbage and theres very little thats redeemable about it. terrible way to end that original trilogy. i even like xmen origins wolverine more smh.....

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
This is how I felt about TMNT 3 when they went back in time. I was 7 years old when I saw it, lil hyper ass TMNT fan, finished that movie and I was like “This movie sucked:wtf:

I felt the same way. Back in 93, I saw it and my interest in TMNT went down considerably. So much, in fact, that I gravitated towards Sonic the Hedgehog afterwards.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
I think after the third Ninja Turtles movie came out is when the franchise in itself started losing steam, at least for me. After that I moved on to Batman The Animated Series, X-Men, Spider-Man, Gargoyles, etc. Surprised the first animated series lasted for so long.

The FIRST TMNT cartoon lasted for nearly 10 Goddamn years. :mindblown:

After 93, I tapped out and went with Sonic, Batman: TAS and Gargoyles.

But little did people know that, Batman:TAS changed the game for animation and forced most 90s cartoons to go the darker, more storyline complex route.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
The sequels to those long dormant movies like Anchorman, Independence Day, Dumb and Dumber and Zoolander.

Let just say I have little faith in Coming to America 2.:francis:

Even with its original actors and creators/director, a good sequel only has like, 4 years after the first film, in order to be as good, or surpass the first film. The creative juices diminish over time with the original team, and those ideas wear off as time goes on.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The way the AVGN destroyed TMNT 3 :banderas:

The falloff of that series from the greatness of the first one is crazy to me. They need to quit playing and go back to the martial arts fighting, gritty comic book influences, and the Jim Henson styled animatronic suits of the original film. They’ve been doing everything but that with the Ninja Turtles since the early 90s. When will they learn?

I’m also surprised the thread has gone for this long without mentioning the Last Jedi.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
The way the AVGN destroyed TMNT 3 :banderas:

The falloff of that series from the greatness of the first one is crazy to me. They need to quit playing and go back to the martial arts fighting, gritty comic book influences, and the Jim Henson styled animatronic suits of the original film. They’ve been doing everything but that with the Ninja Turtles since the early 90s. When will they learn?

I’m also surprised the thread has gone for this long without mentioning the Last Jedi.
Nah that would entail that force awakens was good