Has there ever been a movie sequel as disappointing as Incredibles 2?

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
the incredibles was probably the last animated movie I watched so the sequel was anticipated very much.

I was bored out of my damn mind. they botched that shyt hard.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
ninja turtles 3 is worse than every film listed in here.

even mk annihilation had 1 or 2 redeeming qualities

I was going to say TMNT 3 and Robocop 3. Both of those movies came out the same month when I was a kid. It was after those two movies that I learned just because the movie before was good the next one can be :trash:

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
412vD6a2YQL._AC_.jpg

When you're a kid, you like any movie people show you since you don't know any better. This movie was a rite of passage for me...
X3 was my first time coming out of a movie theater like :dahell: "what did I just watch?!"

I hadn't even read the real Phoenix story in the comics at that point, so my only point of reference was the 90s X-men animated series (which is still better than the films).
But even at that young age I started to realize there was something very, very wrong with these X-men movies.

This is how I felt about TMNT 3 when they went back in time. I was 7 years old when I saw it, lil hyper ass TMNT fan, finished that movie and I was like “This movie sucked:wtf:

Daps
412vD6a2YQL._AC_.jpg

When you're a kid, you like any movie people show you since you don't know any better. This movie was a rite of passage for me...
X3 was my first time coming out of a movie theater like :dahell: "what did I just watch?!"

I hadn't even read the real Phoenix story in the comics at that point, so my only point of reference was the 90s X-men animated series (which is still better than the films).
But even at that young age I started to realize there was something very, very wrong with these X-men movies.
Yeah I could never get into those X-Men movies. There's a reason they got overshadowed by the first three Spider-Man movies, Nolan's Batman, and the MCU.

mtg

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
95% of sequels are disappointing. :comeon:
I think it’s an easy take to say sequels are wack but I think when you really break it down there’s a good amount that are at least in the same realm of quality as the first. Its just when there’s a bad sequel it sticks in peoples memory because all the hype and hope when there’s supposed to be more of a movie everyone loved and turns out to be trash.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I think it’s an easy take to say sequels are wack but I think when you really break it down there’s a good amount that are at least in the same realm of quality as the first. Its just when there’s a bad sequel it sticks in peoples memory because all the hype and hope when there’s supposed to be more of a movie everyone loved and turns out to be trash.
Of course there’s gonna be decent sequels, but a lot are gonna be underwhelming.