Have $118k In Student Debt Brehettes, Guess Her Major ...

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Not really true.

My mother always tried to push me to be a doctor or engineer, she knew what was up:yeshrug:

Then again my mother is African so it’s a bit different.
My pops told me straight to get into Biology so I could get into med school after I graduated from High School. Haitian parents don’t play that shyt. They expect you to major in something meaningful not some bullshyt Political Science major.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know I'm going to get flack for this, but this is another reason we need to get married. Combined incomes means more money to pay off debt quicker. I've listened to plenty of Dave Ramsey where white couples pay off debt together, without regard of who it belongs to. They both pick up extra jobs, prioritize and work together on the plan.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know I'm going to get flack for this, but this is another reason we need to get married. Combined incomes means more money to pay off debt quicker. I've listened to plenty of Dave Ramsey where white couples pay off debt together, without regard of who it belongs to. They both pick up extra jobs, prioritize and work together on the plan.

Real cats won’t knock this at all... If you thorough and understand marriage, your spouse has been properly vetted and that financial plan has been put to paper and is already in execution before wedding planning is even a serious thought

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
People gotta stop living for their parents.

Your parents are gonna grow old and die and youre gonna be by yourself one day

Its your life. Not theirs.

People gotta do whats best for them... Not blindly following their parents or society.
Nothing wrong with it if you're actively working on trying to achieve a goal that will increase your income or if you're saving to cop a house. Now if you're staying there and you're not improving your life then yea you need to bounce

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Real cats won’t knock this at all... If you thorough and understand marriage, your spouse has been properly vetted and that financial plan has been put to paper and is already in execution before wedding planning is even a serious thought

I hear that! I wouldn't help someone pay their debt off if I wasn't married to them though.

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
fukk that. This woman has no respect for money. A man would have to be an absolute fool to get with that.

She needs to flee leave the country. There's no practical way to pay this.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
fukk that. This woman has no respect for money. A man would have to be an absolute fool to get with that.

She needs to flee leave the country. There's no practical way to pay this.

If she paired with someone and they could clear $100k a a couple, they should be able to save about $40k a year. More if they threw in some odd jobs, part-time job, overtime, etc. I'd put the loans in forbearance for a year, save up a lump sum, toss it on it and then make regular monthly payments, while continuing to save another lump sum. It would have to be like $40-$50k and you need a second income or a very good income to do that. Plus when you're married, you can save a little on taxes and it increases your net pay. It can be done in less than 5 years depending on how cheap they live can live as a couple and money they can save together.

I wouldn't knock any dude that would shy away from that, but with discipline it can be done. That's really the only way it can be done.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
If she paired with someone and they could clear $100k a a couple, they should be able to save about $40k a year. More if they threw in some odd jobs, part-time job, overtime, etc. I'd put the loans in forbearance for a year, save up a lump sum, toss it on it and then make regular monthly payments, while continuing to save another lump sum. It would have to be like $40-$50k and you need a second income or a very good income to do that. Plus when you're married, you can save a little on taxes and it increases your net pay. It can be done in less than 5 years depending on how cheap they live can live as a couple and money they can save together.

I wouldn't knock any dude that would shy away from that, but with discipline it can be done. That's really the only way it can be done.

not with HER.... :ufdup:

that's why she SINGLE probally........

she got that false "im an independent...dont need no n1gga" swag about herself......

and looks like she makes bad financial decisions...

look at all dem gottdamn dresses she had in that closet...that she had to eventually try to sell
:picard:

reminds me of this college chick i dated whom had a walk in closet just for her shoes...

yet the broad slept on a air mattress......

sorry @Rawtid you can't save a byatch like that...

she needs to make some lifestyle changes in her life before she expects some dude to pick up the slack......

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY

I agree in principle however any professional man making 75k+ will not see her as wifey material once he finds out how dire her financial situation she is in. He will avoid her like a plague. And he has good reason too because she will be seen as a major financial drain.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

u also have to apply common sense to everything you do. if you marry someone that has that much debt, and u have none, and u help them pay off their debt, then they turn around and divorce you for whatever reason, how would you feel? these are real possibilities you need to consider before u order your new superman outfit.

i mean, if you're a rich dude with a lot of money to spend, and u meet a girl who is truly down for you and doesnt disrespect you, sure, by all means, help her pay off her debt. but if u urself have to work hard to pay off someone else's debt, you're not being wise.

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
If you aren't majoring in engineering, computer science, biochem/med, or healthcare...you REALLY need to think about if it is worth it...and if you majoring in those...it still MIGHT NOT BE WORTH IT...

law, business.. just to name a few... are guaranteed ways to make a great living... but they are dependent on your own aptitude, if your an idiot... your always gonna be an idiot.

degrees will always get your foot in the door... but yes if you suck, you still will fukk up your life.... but then again, youll do that anyways.

might aswell not have to slave away at a 9-5 for 4 years.

go to school