Have any of ya'll successfully shaken off a rap music addiction?

ChatGPT-4

Superstar
Daps
i only listen to instrumentals these days, lets face it 95% of the shyt their saying is the same, it's the beat that makes every thing.

:wow:

Last edited:

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
As a fan if hip hop since 83.... when it only got play for a few hours on the weekends... I have seen it in various forms but ppl my age generally have an appreciation for other forms of music and I know I've mostly moved on.... Because for one I cannot relate and I know that this music isn't for 40 yr olds...even the rappers that are 40+ is kinda ehhhh ...there's only one Jay Z and even he is ehhhh .....but this is only my opinion... although I did like the " funk" stuff Snoop was doing a few yrs back.. but most of my fav rappers from my era release trash albums now.... why?... because they are 40+

Zak Bible

Banned
Daps
I don't listen to explicit hardcore hip hop music anymore. Mainly Christian rap and instrumentals nowadays, with a few exceptions (Common, Lupe Fiasco old albums, Eric B & Rakim).

I still get tempted, cause the old 80s/90s/2000s hip hop sounds so good.

Christian rap....

:hhh:

Cross movement tho

:wow:

Burned Verses

Superstar
Daps
I never was addicted, too much good music all around . Idk how nikkas can limit themselves to one genre.

Razor Reader

Formerly -----
Daps
Reppin
Game, Prosperity and Good Fortune
:whoa:Before I get crucified

I've listened to rap my whole life (1998- ) and, while some of the greatest nostalgia-ridden times of my life happened with a rap CD/Power 96/99 Jamz/Hot 103.5/106 & Park/TRL playing in the background, it's time for me to move on. My earliest interaction with the artform was being 3 years old (2001) driving down I-95 with my dad, sitting in my booster in the backseat and 99 Jamz playing this song with an INFECTIOUS hook on it. Cedric Hollywood came on after the song was finished and said "That song was HOT ya'll! Comin out the NO with that spicy Cajun heat was Mystikal with DANGAAAAA!!!!!!!" Just like that, my love of hip-hop was born.

But now, I'm at an impasse in my musical tastes. I've recently started expanding my ears to different genres and I'm really feeling tropical jazz & reggae fusion, in addition to the gospel/soul/R&B music that I've ALWAYS loved. Listening to other forms inspire creativity in myself and give me a mellow, almost euphoric mood. However, I have a high-strung side, and when I'm frustrated/walking/doing something non-sedentary I gotta blast some uptempo trap shyt to get me going, some Carti, some Rich, some 21, some NBA. I know yall might say "nikka stop listening to just trap music then!!!" The problem is that other types of hip-hop is boring as fukk, so I think I'll just quit listening to rap altogether. To the people that did it, what was your key to success? Can you give me any tips/pointers? Thx

:mjcry: