Heard Rob Parker talk in interview about ESPN, Skip and Mike (no link)

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I knew that about fukkboy skip when he called Hardy a monster,bad person but Johnny needs help. fukk that guy

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If a link comes up, I'll post it.

As far as Mike Tirico, he believes he did it because Costos is :flabbyandsick: He's younger, so once Bob Costos retires, he'll be the man. Plus, he like Golf and NBC owns the Golf channel, so he'll be able to do that. So even though he gave up, MNF, power move wise, it was smarter.

Skip- He was in the meeting when they changed the format of First Take. The boss's noticed that they would have a spike in ratings. And that was when they had the "1st and 10", "2nd and 10" debates. Thus, Skip was basically reborn when he realized the ratings. The secret to Skip's success according to Rob is that's he's not in between. When he loves someone, he's behind them no matter. When he's against, the same thing.

ESPN- Every great empire falls (i.e. Rome). He's not saying it's the end of ESPN but at the same time don't underestimate Fox Sports. He gave the example of CNN and Fox News. CNN looked upstoppable. But when Fox started building their programs on personality (Hannity, O'Reily) then the shift came. And now, they're more popular then CNN. He said it could happen the same way with Fox Sports. Because nobody watches Sportscenter anymore. You can see all the highlights on the phone. You watch ESPN now for what all this means (i.e. debate). ESPN might have became too big and think they can just interchange host.

I guess I'm part of the minority because the only time I'm tuning into ESPN these days is for the games being played. I coud give a damn about those pinheads talking back and forth.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
ESPN gonna put someone new in that timeslot and everyone will lap it up like they always, do:francis:

ESPN is the Walmart of sports

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Tirico is a lead Game Announcer, Bob mostly does Studio shyt. Tirico gonna call the Thursday Night Football games, Golf, Olympics, Hockey, maybe Notre Dame games etc... Al Michaels contract is up in 2 years, he'll probably re-up, but he's up there in age. Tirico got Sunday Night Football waiting for him. Nothing Bob really does will affect Tirico.
Yup, SNF is the key. It's a great move for Tirico.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
defend Hardy brehs

He's moreso illustrating the dichotomy between white athlete/black athlete through the guise of Skip Bayless. Greg Hardy was being dragged through the mud and being sought to be punished for a third time for the same incident, whereas Johnny Manziel has been accused of the same crime, plus has many other incidents yet receives the paternal treatment from Skip.

Daps
Reppin
Oakland CA
He's moreso illustrating the dichotomy between white athlete/black athlete through the guise of Skip Bayless. Greg Hardy was being dragged through the mud and being sought to be punished for a third time for the same incident, whereas Johnny Manziel has been accused of the same crime, plus has many other incidents yet receives the paternal treatment from Skip.

Ehh Skip Bayless might be a troll, but has never displayed any racial undertones or racial bias in his arguments throughout the years.

And to be fair Manziel just got indicted last week.. Hardy was found guilty, and paid off his victim

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Espn needs to contract some of their stations, it is what it is, they really don't need ESPNNews and U (as well as SEC) They also need to get rid of the daytime bloat, two back to back nfl shows (insiders and live) is :beli: during the season and :horse: when the nfl ain't in season. I agree with them playing musical chairs with hosts/personalities. If they're going to have all these hours of debate, they need to make sure the hosts are there as that's who viewers check for. Lastly, when all else fails, be like the rest of these networks, get some reality shows poppin to fill some of that dead air across stations :manny:

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang

It's funny to me how the people who don't watch the show are the ones most willing to talk shyt about it. I'll say what I said in another thread: BOTH STEPHEN A AND SKIP HAVE BEEN CONDEMNING MANZIEL FOR MONTHS

You nikkaz just comment without watching the show as if you actually know what you're talking about. And anyone who calls Skip a racist also doesn't know what they're talking about, he's arguably more sympathetic to black plight than Stephen A if you watch the show as a whole (though Stephen A does need to maintain credibility so it doesn't look like he always sides with his race).

Last edited:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Lebatard summed this up perfectly today. He said they are all replaceable because ESPN made them all kings including him. ESPN is the brand, one of the most recognizable brands in the world. He said you can't find Cowherd or Dan Patrick on the tv dial and even Bill Simmons is just a scratch on the bumper. He said Mike Tirico is great but ESPN won't lose one viewer during Titans/Jags MNF because Tirico aint there and he's right:pachaha:
He said FT is popular and ESPN is in 99 million homes and over 98 million of those homes don't watch FT:mjlol:

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
The problem with #3 is ESPN went all in on football years ago, even though NFL Network covers everything a fan needs to know, plus every college football conference has their own networks.

They've basically b*stardized basketball and baseball, even though they show far more games from those two sports than they will the NFL, which is covered year round.

MLB Network is great, so it'd be tough for them to pinch those viewers, but NBA TV is trash and leaves a huge void for quality NBA coverage. It never made sense to me how little ESPN put towards their NBA coverage and years of having trash personalities/hosts, even though they're paying out the ass for NBA rights.

whats the issue with nba tv? Isn't it still Atlanta home of TNT.