Heard Rob Parker talk in interview about ESPN, Skip and Mike (no link)

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Fox sports will start seeing there ratings go up. I know they haven't seen the increase yet but landing Skip was huge. ESPN has no more personalities anymore

They still need the programming though and Mickey Mouse aint' giving up that programming. It's the key. ESPN knows that. So if it's between personalities and programming, it's a no brainer.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's funny to me how the people who don't watch the show are the ones most willing to talk shyt about it. I'll say what I said in another thread: BOTH STEPHEN A AND SKIP HAVE BEEN CONDEMNING MANZIEL FOR MONTHS

You nikkaz just comment without watching the show as if you actually know what you're talking about. And anyone who calls Skip a racist also doesn't know what they're talking about, he's arguably more sympathetic to black plight than Stephen A if you watch the show as a whole (though Stephen A does need to maintain credibility so it doesn't look like he always sides with his race).
Did he call manzel a (bad person) like he called Hardy? Stfu

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You actually got dapped for this :scust:

He's right. c00nin A is much worse than skip.

Don't mean that Skip isn't always right from the racial perspective, but his record >>>>>>> c00nin A BY FAR in that regards. Gotdamn shame that Skip comes off as real vs him.

Vilify

Superstar
Daps
First take averages less than 500k viewers on ESPN I can only imagine how horrible Skip's ratings will be on FS1.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It's funny to me how the people who don't watch the show are the ones most willing to talk shyt about it. I'll say what I said in another thread: BOTH STEPHEN A AND SKIP HAVE BEEN CONDEMNING MANZIEL FOR MONTHS

You nikkaz just comment without watching the show as if you actually know what you're talking about. And anyone who calls Skip a racist also doesn't know what they're talking about, he's arguably more sympathetic to black plight than Stephen A if you watch the show as a whole (though Stephen A does need to maintain credibility so it doesn't look like he always sides with his race).

You're denying that there are disparate treatment between Greg Hardy & Johnny Manziel? For clarity's sake.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
If a link comes up, I'll post it.

As far as Mike Tirico, he believes he did it because Costos is :flabbyandsick: He's younger, so once Bob Costos retires, he'll be the man. Plus, he like Golf and NBC owns the Golf channel, so he'll be able to do that. So even though he gave up, MNF, power move wise, it was smarter.

Skip- He was in the meeting when they changed the format of First Take. The boss's noticed that they would have a spike in ratings. And that was when they had the "1st and 10", "2nd and 10" debates. Thus, Skip was basically reborn when he realized the ratings. The secret to Skip's success according to Rob is that's he's not in between. When he loves someone, he's behind them no matter. When he's against, the same thing.

ESPN- Every great empire falls (i.e. Rome). He's not saying it's the end of ESPN but at the same time don't underestimate Fox Sports. He gave the example of CNN and Fox News. CNN looked upstoppable. But when Fox started building their programs on personality (Hannity, O'Reily) then the shift came. And now, they're more popular then CNN. He said it could happen the same way with Fox Sports. Because nobody watches Sportscenter anymore. You can see all the highlights on the phone. You watch ESPN now for what all this means (i.e. debate). ESPN might have became too big and think they can just interchange host.

if FS1 doesnt have live games they will fail.

This @duckbutta guy always writes too fukking much. Most of it nonsense. People watch ESPN for live games thats why they overpaid for the NFL, College playoffs and NBA.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
He's right. c00nin A is much worse than skip.

Don't mean that Skip isn't always right from the racial perspective, but his record >>>>>>> c00nin A BY FAR in that regards. Gotdamn shame that Skip comes off as real vs him.
Skip's sympathy for people of color is a joke, they talk about redskins being offensive then say it 100 times when talking about the team.

paidNfull

Live By It, Die By It
Daps
Reppin
LouI$I@n@
yea NBATV have the great analyst and hosts but they dont have the production and quality....ESPN needs a better crew... Sage Steele, Jalen Rose, Doug Collins to cover NBA Playoffa and Finals? come the fukk on man