Heavy Weight Deontay Wilder: The next black hope?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Deontay Wilder is all fairy tales until he takes a step up in comp.
He has fought 30 dead bodies and his first tiny step up was against Malik Scott who looked like he took a dive. And I am not confident in him beating Chris Arreola or even Bermane Stivern whichever one wins their title elimination bout.

I am more impressed by Bryant Jennings to be honest.

Last edited:

Q Money

Rookie
Daps
It's all about Tyson Fury brehs

fury-o.gif

:banderas:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
GB and heavyweight, something is not quite meshing in my mind, I can't think of no GB heavies:patrice:

I believe he's legit that pop is real, but these questions will still arise until he faces a live body, he'll get that in his next match....

His fight the other day should have been enough to let it be known he's very legit, Scott is a tough fighter, he got starched by the very first power shot that landed, but questions will still remain to he takes it to the next level of fighters, he's been sparring with the pups for too long

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
wilder is still being matched very carefully...scott was a live body and his best opponent to date but he's not a high level heavy...the cuffs will come off once he's facing arreola or stiverne for the wbc title...that will be his sink or swim moment...they just dont want wilder to go out like seth mitchell did..wilder's power is legit but what about stamina, chin, ability to adjust, can he box?..the tangibles needed as well as live bodies to justify hype

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Im not gonna say he's garbage or anything like that......because he isnt.

He's fought 31 fighters, all bums and 1 C heavyweight in Malik Scott, and KO'd all 31 of em.........doing exactly what you are SUPPOSED to do against bum fighters. I cant fault him for that, because he is getting rid of them early.

The furthest any of these guys have gotten with him are 4 rounds, and then they were knocked out for their efforts. He has 18 KOs in the 1st round, 6 KOs in the 2nd Round, 4 KOs in the 3rd round, and 3 KOs in the 4th Round:whew:

Now again, we have to use context with it though. They were nothing but stiffs (besides Malik Scott who is only a C fighter), but on the otherhand he bombed them out as well. It's not like he's struggling against ANYONE.

I have reservations about his chin (because I've seen him wobbled in some fights by some bums) and I wonder about his stamina. After 31 fights, he's only fought a grand total of 54 rounds:dead:

No way do we know how he would do against a fighter who WONT fall down. Who can TAKE a beating (ie Chris Arreola who isnt elite either, but much better than anyone Wilder has gotten close to even fighting). Will he have the stamina to keep throwing bombs in the Championship rounds? Will he get frustrated? Can he make adjustments? Can HE take a huge punch? All questions that have yet to be answered.

All I can say about him now is that he's an intriguing fighter. 6'7 238lbs with 83" reach, amazing power, and is a killer/finisher in the ring when he sees his opponent in trouble:ohlawd: Very impressive.

We've seen this all before though with Michael Grant back in the 90s (even though I believe Deontay Wilder is MUCH better than Michael Grant), so Im not gonna crown him just yet. He's just fun to watch for now.......but dont get caught up in the hype until he beats at least a B level fighter first.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
GB and heavyweight, something is not quite meshing in my mind, I can't think of no GB heavies:patrice:

I believe he's legit that pop is real, but these questions will still arise until he faces a live body, he'll get that in his next match....

His fight the other day should have been enough to let it be known he's very legit, Scott is a tough fighter, he got starched by the very first power shot that landed, but questions will still remain to he takes it to the next level of fighters, he's been sparring with the pups for too long
GBP is promoting Seth Mitchell still right? Or did they drop him after he got starched by Arreola?

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
wilder is still being matched very carefully...scott was a live body and his best opponent to date but he's not a high level heavy...the cuffs will come off once he's facing arreola or stiverne for the wbc title...that will be his sink or swim moment...they just dont want wilder to go out like seth mitchell did..wilder's power is legit but what about stamina, chin, ability to adjust, can he box?..the tangibles needed as well as live bodies to justify hype
Optimally you would want to see a fighter tested against real comp before he starts sniffing around a title shot.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
GBP is promoting Seth Mitchell still right? Or did they drop him after he got starched by Arreola?
Haven't heard a peep from him, but forgot about that bum

Dude is Ortiz status to me anyway...........................