Heavy Weight Deontay Wilder: The next black hope?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
the next black hope :dead:

one thing about the kid thats certain is, his power is REAL! the big question mark is his chin, heart, stamina.

there was a maxboxing podcast and they discussed how he got rocked in a sparring session a few years ago against harold sconiers. his management had the :whoa:. there was another podcast with trainer james ali basher and he claimed wlad dropped wilder as well. but we don't know for sure how well that will translate with the head gear off though.

IMO i think he will stop either arreola and stirvene, in other words by the end of the year i believe he will the next wbc champ. just my opinion but it's against guys like povetkin, jennings, thompson, where i i think we might see what the kid is really made of. i

im very surprised that wilder still has breland as his trainer though, im shocked gbp and his management didn't try to persuade him to leave for a bigger name. if the kid can develop a better jab (know how to use his height correctly) and tighten up that defense, he might have a long fukkkin reign.

it wasnt a sparring session it was an actual fight..sconiers, who is a journeyman, dropped him and nearly put him out with an uppercut..there used to be video of it floating around..its hard to find..but its the only time as a pro he's been down

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
it wasnt a sparring session it was an actual fight..sconiers, who is a journeyman, dropped him and nearly put him out with an uppercut..there used to be video of it floating around..its hard to find..but its the only time as a pro he's been down

Got it!

that footage must be erased from the net, i can't find it on youtube or dailymotion.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Got it!

that footage must be erased from the net, i can't find it on youtube or dailymotion.
GB took care of it

as someone else said in here Anthony Joshua is the real next black hope, legit skills, power, young and showing improvements.

If he was american everyone would be gassed on him

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I like what I have seen of Anthony Joshua but he is still a baby. It will be interesting to see how his team moves his career along.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Getting a little leaner would probably be a good thing for Joshua but I doubt we will see him do it since he has endorsements with one of those supplement companies for an "Anthony Joshua Power Pack" to help you gain muscle mass.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Bryant Jennings > Anthony Joshua

Whatchalltalkinboutbrehs?:dwillhuh:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I consider Bryant to be the best of the young heavyweights.

Me too.

Joshua has fought absolutely no one. Not even Wilder's comp:heh:

Bryant Jennings fought Liakovich in his 13th fight, Wilder fought him in his 29th fight.

And Bryant Jennings beat Artur Szpika who's better than Malik Scott who Wilder beat in their respective last fights.

Joshua has beaten no one:manny:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Well Joshua has only been fighting as a pro since last October and only has 5 fights...dude is still a rookie.

WIlder is almost in his fifth year as a pro and still hasn't fought anybody worth a damn.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
the next black hope :dead:

one thing about the kid thats certain is, his power is REAL! the big question mark is his chin, heart, stamina.

there was a maxboxing podcast and they discussed how he got rocked in a sparring session a few years ago against harold sconiers. his management had the :whoa:. there was another podcast with trainer james ali basher and he claimed wlad dropped wilder as well. but we don't know for sure how well that will translate with the head gear off though.

IMO i think he will stop either arreola and stirvene, in other words by the end of the year i believe he will the next wbc champ. just my opinion but it's against guys like povetkin, jennings, thompson, where i i think we might see what the kid is really made of. i

im very surprised that wilder still has breland as his trainer though, im shocked gbp and his management didn't try to persuade him to leave for a bigger name. if the kid can develop a better jab (know how to use his height correctly) and tighten up that defense, he might have a long fukkkin reign.
I agree that there is still so much to see with him, but believe his power is real too.
His chin definitely scares me, two fights ago - Firtha - had him rocked and he basically just stood there and ate Wilder's punches until he was beaten into submission.
The thing with guys with power is that as the quality of your opponent increases, the less important just having power is. Eventually Wilder is going to face guys who won't go down after taking one or two punches and he is going to have to go some rounds. He will also start to face guys who have more boxing skills than his current opponents, making landing perfect power shots harder.
This is why I think him fighting the Arreola/Stiverne winner is a great gauge for him. Both guys have good chins, good skills, and good power coming back. If Deontay is legit that fight will show it. If he isn't ready or is just hype, they are good enough to expose him.

Personally I have Deontay as the underdog in that fight as of right now, but like I said, if he won then I will be a believer that he has a future at HW.