Help a guy out with the best TDE projects outside of Kendrick

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Okay, so I got into Kendrick through Section 80, and I'm just trying to check the rest. I'm a big Alchemist fan, and I liked that 47 Bars joint Ab-Soul put out this weekend with Alc, and Ab's verse on Freddie Gibbs/Madlib's Lakers is really dope to me also.

I like the Schoolboy Q joints that Alc produced also (My Homie, Break the Bank, Demolition Man) and I can tell he did the OG version of Hoover Street. I listened to Habits & Contradictions pretty quick, but just kinda skimmed it.

I haven't checked a lot of Jay Rock. I saw them all live and it was a good show.

What's the go to album for everyone? I guess with Jay Rock Follow me Home is the only one?

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
Jay Rock's album was weak from what I remember. don't really like dude

honestly id just check all of Q's stuff, im sure a lot will endorse Ab's System Control album but I don't like dude like that either

link to OG hoover St??

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Jay Rock's album was weak from what I remember. don't really like dude

honestly id just check all of Q's stuff, im sure a lot will endorse Ab's System Control album but I don't like dude like that either

link to OG hoover St??

My bad. I should've explained. I've never heard it. I know that Q and Al were saying that the sample didn't clear and the sampled parts had to get replayed. I just meant that when listening to the song, I can tell that it was something that Alc did at first.

Alc kinda did a Just Blaze move by teasing people about it and then never followed through.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
my rankings

1oxymoron
2good kid maad city
3habits and contradictions
4These Days
5Section 80
6Control System
7Setbacks
8Follow Me Home (not a slight at all...got some bangers on it)

and yea the cilvia demo straight

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
I think you'll like Control System the most check that one out. If you really like it, Ab-Soul also has Longterm Mentality 2 and These Days. His other stuff is pretty weak.

For Q check out Setbacks, it's different than H&C and Oxymoron

Jay Rock has his album. He also has a few mixtapes on Datpiff. I couldn't get into them though cause the production didn't age that well. Him and Kendrick dropped a mixtape called No Sleep Til NYC haven't listened to it.

I don't know if you'll be into Isaiah Rashad but he put out one of my favorite projects from TDE

Nature's Fury

addicts of drugs not yet synthesized
Daps
Control System is definitely my favorite......

that run in 2011-12 when they dropped S.80, H&C and CS was amazing...couldn't believe one crew could drop so many dope projects

Last edited:

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
I really liked Follow Me Home I'd check that out (I don't know a whole lot about his mixtapes)

Setbacks by Q might be my favorite TDE project that and H&C are great I enjoyed them much more than Oxymoron

Not too big on Ab Soul anymore but I guess Control System has a few joints on it

And you said you got into Kendrick at Section .80 so I guess if you haven't heard Overly Dedicated check that out

Then Cilvia Demo was real nice

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
I think you'll like Control System the most check that one out. If you really like it, Ab-Soul also has Longterm Mentality 2 and These Days. His other stuff is pretty weak.

For Q check out Setbacks, it's different than H&C and Oxymoron

Jay Rock has his album. He also has a few mixtapes on Datpiff. I couldn't get into them though cause the production didn't age that well. Him and Kendrick dropped a mixtape called No Sleep Til NYC haven't listened to it.

I don't know if you'll be into Isaiah Rashad but he put out one of my favorite projects from TDE

No Sleep to NY is a personal classic. Half the mixtape they spittin on NYC classics, second half it's Westcoast classics.

This ain't the whole mixtape either, hit datpiff and grab it. I promise you wont be disapointed