Help a guy out with the best TDE projects outside of Kendrick

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Cilvia Demo and Habits And Contradictions.

Follow Me Home is cool but you might not feel the production.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Control System is definitely my favorite......

that run in 2011-12 when they dropped S.80, H&C and CS was amazing...couldn't believe ne crew could drop so many dope projects
yeah man. It's kinda funny because I feel like I heard the albums live. I saw Kendrick and them right after GKMC dropped, and Jay Rock, Ab, Q, and Kendrick all performced basically those whole albums. Kendrick did a lot of GKMC but he also did a lot of S80. I just never really followed up and checked out Ab's or Jay Rock's albums. They sounded dope live though. Thanks for all the feedback in this thread. Sounds like Control System is the way to go for Ab-Soul.

I'm checking out this Isaiah Rashad EP out right now.

tumblr_m3tbqrdoIF1qdnki4o1_500.gif

I'm digging this. Never even heard of this dude before.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
For some reason I can't get into Jay Rock :sadcam:

People keep saying this. Just finished the Cilvia Demo EP> I'm gonna go right to Jay Rock's Follow Me Home next.

EDIT: Hmmm. Listening to it. On the first track, Code Red. Can't help but be reminded of Westside Story, the first song Game's Documentary. Both with the piano keys on the beat, and Jay Rock's voice/flow, and the singing type hook. Only Kendrick instead of 50.

:patrice:

EDIT AGAIN: Damn. I can definitely see why ya'll are talking about comparisons to Game.

Last edited: