Help! I need a top of the line recovery/muscle builder UPDATE: PASSED

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
I feel like I'm not gaining after my workouts, especially with my long distance running. I'm not improving my times and speed at all, my thighs and buttocks are still fat. No muscle.
Stair master, squats, weights, no muscle.

I mean, something is happening because I lost seven pounds but I still feel weak. It's depressing me because I have a APFT coming up.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I feel like I'm not gaining after my workouts, especially with my long distance running. I'm not improving my times and speed at all, my thighs and buttocks are still fat. No muscle.

I mean, something is happening because I lost seven pounds but I still feel weak. It's depressing me because I have a APFT coming up.

Long distance running as a focus and trying to gain muscle are counter productive...........................

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
What's your diet and sleep patterns looking like first and foremost

My diet is decent. I eat lighter portions. Balanced meals for dinner (meat, veggie, and carb). Pistachios, fruit, dried fruit and plain yogurt throughout the day to snack on.

I only drink water and will seldom drink anything with sugar like tea or juice.

I wake up at five and six. I go to bed around ten or eleven.

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
Long distance running as a focus and trying to gain muscle are counter productive...........................

I occasionally do 30/60s
Sprint for thirty seconds, walk for 60
Repeat for thirty minutes

I don't do it as often as I probably should so maybe I'll do that today.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I occasionally do 30/60s
Sprint for thirty seconds, walk for 60
Repeat for thirty minutes

I don't do it as often as I probably should so maybe I'll do that today.
That doesn't change the dynamic. You are highly unlikely to be able build muscle with long distance running as a primary exercise. That plus your eating works against your goal.................

Losing 7 pounds as you mentioned is the dead on target of your set-up

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
That doesn't change the dynamic. You are highly unlikely to be able build muscle with long distance running as a primary exercise. That plus your eating works against your goal.................

Losing 7 pounds as you mentioned is the dead on target of your set-up

So what do I need to change up :/

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
Depends on what you need to accomplish. Sounds like the APFT is first priority. Changing your body composition is a different conversation IMO.

This is the first time in years that I've struggled with the run.
But def doing sprints today and I'll buy preworkout again.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Change

All Star
Daps
Nothing is wrong but your technique imo. You're losing weight because you are moving and exercising. You're not gaining muscle where you want because you're not isolating them correctly. Try standing still. Line up all your muscles straight / get your shoulders square, etc. . Everything should be symmetrical and then slowly run through the motion to find your mistake. Pay attention to your body horizontally and vertically. Hope it helps.

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
I did my sprints on hills and I drank a recovery supplement I bought and forgot about a while back. I'll do my high performance runs and balance it out with more strength/weight training.

Payroll

Insomnia Addict
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
GMB
You need to be in a surplus....

It sounds like you not eating enough and on top of that your doing long distance running....

A supplement won't fix this....

Training needs to be specific....you can either build endurance for long distance or you can focus on building muscle....

The more muscle you have ...the higher your BMR ....This is counterproductive for a runner....

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law

:shaq:

But for real eat more and run less.

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
You need to be in a surplus....

It sounds like you not eating enough and on top of that your doing long distance running....

A supplement won't fix this....

Training needs to be specific....you can either build endurance for long distance or you can focus on building muscle....

The more muscle you have ...the higher your BMR ....This is counterproductive for a runner....

I guess I'll just stick to toning and running. I don't want to do anything that'll effect my running.

Gay