Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What’s up Coli fam

I’ve been working on getting my body into shape

currently I’m 5’10”, 170lbs, size 32 waist, “skinny fat”

since Jan 1 I’ve been consistently lifting weights in the fitness center at my apartment building - I’m by no means strong or seasoned so I’ve mostly been doing bench press on the smith machine and dumbbell exercises etc. plus some resistance bands and medicine ball work. I do this for 30 min 4-5 nights a week

I also do VR workouts (thrill of the fight, supernatural, les mills body combat) with a weighted vest almost every day

I’ve been drinking protein shakes every day plus eat fairly well. and starting creatine next week

Im already noticing my arms and upper body are more toned which is my main goal so I feel like I’m headed in the right direction

ultimately my goal is to have the physique that Conor Mcgregor has here at the 7 minute time stamp (I don’t like him as a fighter… this is just for reference)

put me on game - what type of exercises, diets, supplement, tips, etc will help get me there effectively and quickly?

also NOTE im very much a beginnner on the weight lifting side and have limited strength/ equipment/ flexibility, i worry about form… so the simpler the better, at least to start - as I get stronger I’ll see incorporate a more sophisticated routine - for now my main goal is just to make steady progress and stick with it

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
What’s up Coli fam

I’ve been working on getting my body into shape

currently I’m 5’10”, 170lbs, size 32 waist, “skinny fat”

since Jan 1 I’ve been consistently lifting weights in the fitness center at my apartment building - I’m by no means strong or seasoned so I’ve mostly been doing bench press on the smith machine and dumbbell exercises etc. plus some resistance bands and medicine ball work. I do this for 30 min 4-5 nights a week

I also do VR workouts (thrill of the fight, supernatural, les mills body combat) with a weighted vest almost every day

I’ve been drinking protein shakes every day plus eat fairly well. and starting creatine next week

Im already noticing my arms and upper body are more toned which is my main goal so I feel like I’m headed in the right direction

ultimately my goal is to have the physique that Conor Mcgregor has here at the 7 minute time stamp (I don’t like him as a fighter… this is just for reference)

put me on game - what type of exercises, diets, supplement, tips, etc will help get me there effectively and quickly?

also NOTE im very much a beginnner on the weight lifting side and have limited strength/ equipment/ flexibility, i worry about form… so the simpler the better, at least to start - as I get stronger I’ll see incorporate a more sophisticated routine - for now my main goal is just to make steady progress and stick with it

1) :dame:
2) You don't need supplements to look like a 5'9" featherweight cac. :unimpressed:

3) :dame:

4) The quickest and most effective way would be to incorporate conditioning work with calisthenics and weights, but if you don't know what you're doing you could very well injure yourself (perhaps permanently).

5) You cannot bench press on a Smith machine, do random DB and band exercises and expect dramatic results.

6) Overworking a couple of muscle groups and neglecting the others is not the way to build a functional/enviable/injury-free physique.

You also didn't post any pics (telling us you're skinny fat doesn't do shyt), provide body composition receipts, nothing.

Absolutely nothing you posted signifies to me that you are setting yourself up for success. :snoop:

- What is your actual workout routine? You don't have one (fukkarounditis doesn't count).
- What is your nutrition plan? You don't have one (protein shakes + eat fairly well isn't one)
- Why are you gonna take creatine? Do you even know what creatine is?

At least you've started doing something, but with the information you've provided so far I'd say you'd be best off getting in-person help vesus trying to do it yourself as a complete noob.

(Very few noobs make it solo in my experience; I happen to be one of them and can tell you from experience most people can't do this by themselves.)

Most personal trainers aren't that good, so either hire one that just happens to be a physique competitor or bodybuilder, or start going to the gym* with a swole friend, assuming you have any.

:dame:

[*Pro-tip: If it doesn't have a squat rack, it's not a gym. :ld:]

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
- What is your actual workout routine? You don't have one (fukkarounditis doesn't count).
- What is your nutrition plan? You don't have one (protein shakes + eat fairly well isn't one)
- Why are you gonna take creatine? Do you even know what creatine is?

No need to be snarky breh

I posted this to get better insight & guidance on an actual workout routine that will be in line with my goals, thats the point

Nutrition plan is high protein/ low carb - I've been eating mostly baked chicken, eggs, tuna, turkey, lean beef, etc. I drink lots of water, no sugary drinks. I usually fast in the morning and eat from 12pm - 8pm (sensitive stomach, digestion issues - this seems to be what works best)

I've been doing some research on body recomposition and after protein, creatine is the most common recommendation to improve strength & increase muscle mass - which I figured could be helpful as I start to lift weights/ use resistance. I've taken it in the past as part of a cognition program (I'm very heavy into supplements - mostly greens powders, herbs etc). and every thing I've read indicates a loading phase + 5 g/ a day is safe with minimal side effects

I moved to a new city recently, one of my friends here is cut as hell, he doesnt lift weights though, just does HIIT

I already look & feel better, after 2 months of fukkarounditis, so now want to add more structure to it. Not opposed to a trainer - just wanted to get some additional input.

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

I posted this to get better insight & guidance on an actual workout routine that will be in line with my goals, thats the point

Nutrition plan is high protein/ low carb - I've been eating mostly baked chicken, eggs, tuna, turkey, lean beef, etc. I drink lots of water, no sugary drinks. I usually fast in the morning and eat from 12pm - 8pm (sensitive stomach, digestion issues - this seems to be what works best)

I've been doing some research on body recomposition and after protein, creatine is the most common recommendation to improve strength & increase muscle mass - which I figured could be helpful as I start to lift weights/ use resistance. I've taken it in the past as part of a cognition program (I'm very heavy into supplements - mostly greens powders, herbs etc). and every thing I've read indicates a loading phase + 5 g/ a day is safe with minimal side effects

I moved to a new city recently, one of my friends here is cut as hell, he doesnt lift weights though, just does HIIT

I already look & feel better, after 2 months of fukkarounditis, so now want to add more structure to it. Not opposed to a trainer - just wanted to get some additional input.

Thanks for the feedback.
Lol he’s not being snarky, that’s just how he responds.

On the creatine you don’t need to load it and 5g per day should suffice.

It’s still confusing of what your goal really is. Understanding you want to look X way. Do you have muscle mass and need to lose weight or do you need to lose fat and then gain muscle.

In reality you haven’t given enough information to get better response than you have gotten.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol he’s not being snarky, that’s just how he responds.

On the creatine you don’t need to load it and 5g per day should suffice.

It’s still confusing of what your goal really is. Understanding you want to look X way. Do you have muscle mass and need to lose weight or do you need to lose fat and then gain muscle.

In reality you haven’t given enough information to get better response than you have gotten.

Need to lose fat (not a lot though), and then gain muscle

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Need to lose fat (not a lot though), and then gain muscle
Losing fat purely comes down to a calorie deficit. It doesn’t sound like you are counting calories at this point. Big picture what you are doing now might get you going in the right direction but without tracking you can’t establish a baseline and strategy to combat eventual stalls.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps

Thanks for the feedback.

I’m a random motherfukker on the internet you don’t know, so I’ll be “snarky” if I wanna be. I know why you posted this.
:mjlol:

Instead of focusing on the message delivery, motherfukker, did you get the message?
:gucci:

You don’t post in the Random Thoughts thread if you don’t know about @The Butcher.
:mjlol:

With all of that said, yeah, this is a want and not a plan. That’s why you posted. I have the knowledge and experience to create that for you but it doesn’t sound like you have the ability to execute that plan.

I’ve done a recomp before and was already lean when I started it; there’s levels to this shyt.

You don’t need to load creatine. :snoop:
Creatine has to be and remained saturated in your muscles; loading phases will do nothing but make you burn through it faster as you piss out any excess.

It doesn’t seem like our nikka synthesis is high enough for us to work to get you where you need to be, so I’ll just say good luck and let you cook.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Losing fat purely comes down to a calorie deficit. It doesn’t sound like you are counting calories at this point. Big picture what you are doing now might get you going in the right direction but without tracking you can’t establish a baseline and strategy to combat eventual stalls.

Appreciate you breh.

I actually was counting calories about 10 years ago because I was starting to get a little pudgy, I was about 180lbs and dropped down to 165lbs on 1200 calories day.

Since the initial calorie counting my weight has settled around 170lb, give or take, which I'm pretty OK with, I just lack muscle tone & definition

I'm trying to land on a reasonable amount of calories, 1200/day is tough to sustain. and I feel like it might just make me look smaller and not more lean. Trying to find a happy medium

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Appreciate you breh.

I actually was counting calories about 10 years ago because I was starting to get a little pudgy, I was about 180lbs and dropped down to 165lbs on 1200 calories day.

Since the initial calorie counting my weight has settled around 170lb, give or take, which I'm pretty OK with, I just lack muscle tone & definition

I'm trying to land on a reasonable amount of calories, 1200/day is tough to sustain. and I feel like it might just make me look smaller and not more lean. Trying to find a happy medium
I mean 1,200 calories isn’t wise for pretty much anyone short of contest prep.

Some of this is also dependent on how long your are committed to doing it.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean 1,200 calories isn’t wise for pretty much anyone short of contest prep.

Some of this is also dependent on how long your are committed to doing it.

I hear you. I really dont eat lot of calories (or sugar), at least compared to the standard american diet. If I had to guess I'm maybe around 1800 most days.

Intuitively I feel like I need to build muscle more than anything at this point. In theory if my weight stayed where it is that wouldn't bother me, provided I became stronger and more toned.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I hear you. I really dont eat lot of calories (or sugar), at least compared to the standard american diet. If I had to guess I'm maybe around 1800 most days.

Intuitively I feel like I need to build muscle more than anything at this point. In theory if my weight stayed where it is that wouldn't bother me, provided I became stronger and more toned.
Decisons have to be made because you’ve stated two goals that don’t align

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Decisons have to be made because you’ve stated two goals that don’t align

I'd estimate I'm maybe 22% body fat - I'd like to get that down a bit, maybe realistically 18%

But I dont just want to drop the weight, I've done that before, that's easy for me. I want to be stronger and more muscular in the process.

Does that make sense? as I understand it thats the body recomposition middle ground between a bulk and a cut, and somebody like me is a good candidate for it

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I'd estimate I'm maybe 22% body fat - I'd like to get that down a bit, maybe realistically 18%

But I dont just want to drop the weight, I've done that before, that's easy for me. I want to be stronger and more muscular in the process.

Does that make sense? as I understand it thats the body recomposition middle ground between a bulk and a cut, and somebody like me is a good candidate for it

Recomps take time. It can be done but most people aren’t committed to doing it. Damn sure not 12 weeks like that video screen cap suggests for a novice

Last edited:

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Recomps take time. It can be done but most people aren’t committed to doing it. Damn sure not 12 weeks like that video screen cap suggests

Fair enough, I hear you.

what do you suggest?