Henry Cavill officially back as Superman

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
You know what, I do like Cavill Superman but damn this is facts. He doesnt capture that heroism the way Reeves or Tim Dalys voice acting did. The spirit of perseverance and hope that Superman represents
am i the only person that doesn't like Reeves (RIP) supes? Those movies were raw cans of corn. Cavill is the best superman, hands down

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
am i the only person that doesn't like Reeves (RIP) supes? Those movies were raw cans of corn. Cavill is the best superman, hands down
i don't like him but i see why the films are regarded
people don't want to admit it but how we look at the superman films is how some kids look at the early 2000's spider-man movies :pachaha:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh you're talking about the olden days when an entire army of Amazon's, an entire army of Atlantans, a fukkin green lantern, Zeus, ares, and the old gods stalemated a pre-powered darkseid :ohhh: pretty impressive tbh

Stalemated?

He got washed, carried away to his ship, and fled.

DC doesn't know what direction to go in. You still got clowns wanting to bring back Snyder, the same man who sank the ship.

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
You know what, I do like Cavill Superman but damn this is facts. He doesnt capture that heroism the way Reeves or Tim Dalys voice acting did. The spirit of perseverance and hope that Superman represents

I think that is Snyder's fault moreso than Cavill. I loved the action in MOS but I don't think Snyder gets Superman. His entire ouevre is violent and cynical, which isn't Superman.

Low key the Rock would have made a great Lex Luthor. Just do a classic superman movie set in modern day Metropolis. Jimmy Olsen as a gen z intern for comic relief. Lois Lane is the jaded woman focused on her career, trying to make it in the big city and Superman is the naive transplant raised on his Dad's farm. Lex Luthor as the ruthless mastermind who will do anything to maintain his power, which brings him into direct conflict (physical and ideological) with Superman.

That movie writes itself if you understand Superman, you don't need a huge budget and CGI battles if the writing is on point. We need an optimistic, hopeful Superman now more than ever. I'm burnt out on "dark", gritty, cynical, "what if superheroes were a$$holes?" media.

Last edited:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
nah im sure there's more snyder fan boys like u that dont like the most accurate portrayal of superman we've ever gotten to date. Niccas love batman so much nowadays they want supes to be batman. Whole reason BvS fukking sucked.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Exactly, I think he would make a good evil alternate Superman