Henry Cavill officially back as Superman

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Just give me that hopeful Superman movie with some good dialogue and action with a little comedy sprinkled in there.
give me less of this and more of MOS. They did it perfect last time. They tried this with Superman Returns, that 70s style superman is not the wave anymore.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think that is Snyder's fault moreso than Cavill. I loved the action in MOS but I don't think Snyder gets Superman. His entire ouevre is violent and cynical, which isn't Superman.

Low key the Rock would have made a great Lex Luthor. Just do a classic superman movie set in modern day Metropolis. Jimmy Olsen as a gen z intern for comic relief. Lois Lane is the jaded woman focused on her career, trying to make it in the big city and Superman is the naive transplant raised on his Dad's farm. Lex Luthor as the ruthless mastermind who will do anything to maintain his power, which brings him into direct conflict (physical and ideological) with Superman.

That movie writes itself if you understand Superman, you don't need a huge budget and CGI battles if the writing is on point. We need an optimistic, hopeful Superman now more than ever. I'm burnt out on "dark", gritty, cynical, "what if superheroes were a$$holes?" media.

Hell no he wouldn't. Lex doesn't need to be swole and physically imposing. You need someone who can act and that is not The Rock.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Just give me that hopeful Superman movie with some good dialogue and action with a little comedy sprinkled in there.

This!

Though I can admit MOS was slightly a better film, Routhe was by far a better Superman. And he just gets a bad wrap

Henry’s Clark is by far the worst, at minimum…. He needs to channel Clark from the animated show

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
How long do they spend on her escaping Kandor and how would you even do it?

supergirl will appear in the flash movie the rumor is Henry did an after credit scene for that film too but they're keeping her in the continuity
There's still the dangling plot thread of the open spacetube from MOS. Wouldn't be shocked at a blond haired blue eyed casting should the time come. I've always felt Flashpoint SG was only taking Supes place in the story not so much going forward.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
give me less of this and more of MOS. They did it perfect last time. They tried this with Superman Returns, that 70s style superman is not the wave anymore.

Superman Returns is essentially the new Superman 3 so it made sense to follow the aesthetic of the Reeve films, a skilled writer, director and actor can definitely create a more uplifting Superman for today.

Last edited:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hell no he wouldn't. Lex doesn't need to be swole and physically imposing. You need someone who can act and that is not The Rock.

Exactly, Luthor should be the exact opposite of Superman in every way, if this is the fanbase that DC is listening to no wonder they're in shambles