Here is Why Your Vote Doesn't Matter

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
learned all this shyt years ago, that is why i laugh at all these retards talking bout 'go vote' as if you decide the presidency. maybe some local shyt is worth voting for, but at the national level, the people don't decide shyt. getting all angry about your candidate not winning when you don't control him in the first place.

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
That ain't how the electoral college works breh. The electoral college is based off the popular vote but divided into electorates. They do this so heavy populated states like Cali Texas and New York don't determine the race every time so more rural areas have a say in it. Each state has a certain number of electorals and if you win the most votes in that state you get all the electorals of that state. There ain't 500 something people determining the election

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You canceled your own question out by using the word "major" to try and make your point. Nice try though.

I'm not sure what your point is here. But blacks in swing states voted for Hillary. The intensity of the vote is on the dems for ignoring black issues. And again that would probably not be enough to override the loss of the white vote for Hillary.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
That ain't how the electoral college works breh. The electoral college is based off the popular vote but divided into electorates. They do this so heavy populated states like Cali Texas and New York don't determine the race every time so more rural areas have a say in it. Each state has a certain number of electorals and if you win the most votes in that state you get all the electorals of that state. There ain't 500 something people determining the election

How Does the Electoral College Work?
The Electoral College is a group of people that elects the president and vice president of the United States.

It takes at least 270 electoral votes to win the presidency. There are 538 electoral votes in all.

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
All that means is it's your fault for living in a state that doesn't represent your ideals. Also states are rewarded the electoral votes based on the state's popular vote. If you been voting since 76 & don't know this basic shyt, then something's wrong

the kid

Real Esquire, Not the Magazine
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
Edit - Not trying to persuade people not to vote, I'm just answering the question of why I feel our votes don't matter. Do with this information what you will.
The @Preacher didn't vote for a variety of reasons being spiritual and moral. But here's why your vote doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Out of the 318 million people here in the U.S, only 538 people determine the presidency. That is the Electoral vote which is made by representatives of the states. The popular vote are the votes by we the people. So when we vote, we are basically telling the electoral college who to vote for. Simple right?

Here's the problem. Take me for example, I stay in Alabama. The last time we voted democrat was in '76 for Pres. Carter. So in every election since then, the state has been republican. Here's the voting history for Alabama, red being Rep, blue being Dem. The green for this year means still in process but we voted Rep this year too. Yellow is for parties other than Dem or Rep.
download.png

So here, my vote wouldn't matter if I were D because no matter what, the state will always vote R. Lets look at the 2008 election between Obama and McCain. Obama obviously had 96% of the USA's African American vote. 96% total! However in, Alabama:
235px-Alabama_2008_Presidential_Election_Results_By_County.svg.png

:francis: Redder than @Phoenix_Knightly23 's pad every month.
Remember, 96% of US blacks voted for Obama total in 08, including me. But my vote didn't matter because the majority of my state voted for McCain. McCain got all 9 of Alabama's electoral votes. Obama didn't get one. Let me flesh it out a little more. In Alabama alone, 98% of blacks voted for Obama and the above picture was still the result. We shut the polls down in 08 and still didn't make a difference because of our state being majority white. So if 98% of black people voted and still couldn't win our state, then we could've not voted and the result would've still been the same. Same as this year.

So I would say this, if you live in a swing state where D & R are about evenly split, then you'd have an argument. But at the end of the day, the Electoral college makes the decision, not us. If your state voted Republican, the electoral college voters of your state could still vote against it and vote democrat because there are no laws in place that would forbid them from doing so. They do what they want to do. And it has happened I think about 156 times, the last time being in 2000 Bush vs. Gore and we all remember how controversial that election was. But for the most part, this is not a problem that happens too often. But the fact that if/when it does happen again, we are powerless to do anything about it. You don't decide anything on a National level because its too much power and money at stake to put in the hands of everyday working citizens. Remember, we are a democratic republic meaning: democratic - we choose, republic - representation = we choose who decides for us. So we choose somebody to choose for us:patrice: Choiceception:whoo:

This is just the political side of it. I don't even wanna mention about the powers that be, Rothchilds, Rockefellers, governments, and how they finance and control these elections, wars, etc. You're fools if you believe these elections aren't planned out way in advanced and no matter who wins, the same agenda of these entities will be pushed regardless. I won't call it the illuminati because they don't go by that name. Remember when JFK spoke out against these "secret societies" and opted to move against their plans? Got his top pushed back in the middle of a parade:huhldup:

Be real, you think we really decide who runs things here? Maybe on a local level but not national. Its no coincidence that just about all of these presidents are all related and have a common ancestor, including Obama. Look it up.

The very reason we have an electoral college in the first place is because the government doesn't trust the American people to make intelligent decisions to put the right people in office because we run off of emotions and visual stimuli and not sound thought process. In essence, they think we're too stupid. I know we want to think we matter because that's what our country wants us to think. But when you look deeper down the rabbit hole, you'll learn otherwise.
:Halle_Lujah: My trust lies within Christ Jesus, not man.
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

This scripture tells us that the wicked ones rule this world and they operate in high positions or have elite status and power. Demons :Digust_preach:
While I understand your concern with the electoral college, your conclusion is incorrect because there are so many more down ballot races that can be affected by your vote. A lot of the reason the House of Representatives remains dominated by the GOP, even when more people vote for Democratic candidates, is due to gerrymandering of the legislative districts. The gerrymandering occurs at the state level, by state legislatures and governors. In 2010, the Republicans were able to redraw the lines to favor their candidates until at least 2020. While 61% of registered votes voted during the 2008 elections, only 39% voted during the 2010 midterms. We literally allowed around 20% of the population decide the next 15 years of elections in 2010. And now people are looking around confused, making statmentsabout their vote not counting. SMH. If you vote consistently and strategically, you will get results. The reason Medicare is untouched to this day even though it is financially unsustainable is because old people ALWAYS vote and if any candidate mentions reducing the benefits, they are voted out the next cycle.

I get frustrated with black people saying "Fukk the System" all the time when we should pimp the system. Make it work for you. I live in a county where black people have power and they wield it as such. They control who gets the local government contracts. This is what you do. You get in power and leverage it. I will not throw my hands up and walk away because that's what they want you to do. If you don't vote or are not active in your own governance, you might as well write me check for 10k, 20k, 40K or whatever your tax burden is, and I will decide to do with your money. Cause that's all it is. That's why they want you out of the process. With you sitting on the sideline, but your tax dollars in their coffers, they can decide what to do with your money and most likely they are going to give it to their friends and family in the form of govt contracts and/or extra services.

It does a disservice to black people when we encourage each other to sit on the sideline, because it helps to further the wealth gap. Behind the curtain, they are passing your money around to one another through these government contracts, tax incentives, and tax breaks.