Herschel Walker declines invitation to debate Senator Warnock in Macon

bnew

Veteran
Daps

The Oct. 13 debate will be available across all WMAZ platforms and through our media partners.

Published: 6:33 PM EDT August 19, 2022
Updated: 6:33 PM EDT August 19, 2022

WRIGHTSVILLE, Ga. — Georgia Republican Senate candidate Herschel Walker says he's declined an invitation to participate in a debate in Macon against Senator Raphael Warnock.

During an appearance in Wrightsville on Friday, Walker said he has no plans to attend the Oct. 13 debate.

Warnock accepted the invitation to participate about a month ago. Walker’s campaign had not responded to the invitation since it was sent in June.

On Friday, Walker said he has no plans to debate in Macon and explained why.

“I'm not going to respond to anything because you know that's not a debate, and you know that,” Walker said. “You've got people that are contributors to his campaign and it's in this room that only two people gonna see it on a Sunday night, I think. NFL Football, I am giving you an opportunity to be statewide so everybody can see what it is, see the contrast between the two of us. I don't know how you can ask for anything better.”

The debate is set for a Thursday night, not a Sunday. It is a co-sponsored debate by 13WMAZ, our Atlanta station 11Alive, Georgia Public Broadcasting, The Telegraph and Mercer’s Center for Collaborative Journalism at Mercer University.

There will have a live audience and the debate will be available across all WMAZ platforms and with our media partners.

Walker has accepted a debate invitation on Oct. 14 in Savannah. The debate is hosted by the Nexstar Media Group and other television stations.

"It is like the 'Rumble in the Jungle.' Everyone gets a chance to see he and I go at it," Walker said in Wrightsville on Friday. "This little country boy that's not too smart, and I am trying to unseat a Senator who is wrecking things... He ought to get to Savannah, Georgia, to go up against Herschel Walker."

Walker accepted the Nexstar debate during an appearance on Fox News during Sean Hannity’s show in early August.

“It is time that people see the difference. So on Oct. 14, I want Sen. Warnock to be ready because I have accepted a debate,” Walker said during the appearance. “Now he can quit talking and show the people he’s going to stand behind his words and show up for the debate.”

The invitation to Walker for the debate in Macon on Oct. 13 remains open, and we will update on any further response from Walker or his campaign

bnew

Veteran
Daps
“I'm not going to respond to anything because you know that's not a debate, and you know that,” Walker said. “You've got people that are contributors to his campaign and it's in this room that only two people gonna see it on a Sunday night, I think. NFL Football, I am giving you an opportunity to be statewide so everybody can see what it is, see the contrast between the two of us. I don't know how you can ask for anything better.”
full

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
It’s on a Thursday
Herschell confused the plea his handlers told him to cop. There are NFL games on Thursdays now.

He's smart to NOT debate, and to make excuses. The bullshyt he's promoting only works in infomercial type settings /,MAGA echo chambers. It would get laughed at openly in every other setting.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
his endorsement by the georgia GOP establishment speaks volumes about what they think about black voters.

this dude might be the most blatant black manchurian candidate run by white supremacists ever.

Last edited:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Herschell confused the plea his handlers told him to cop. There are NFL games on Thursdays now.

He's smart to NOT debate, and to make excuses. The bullshyt he's promoting only works in infomercial type settings /,MAGA echo chambers. It would get laughed at openly in every other setting.

I seriously doubt it was his choice.

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Speaking of Bulldogs looks like Herschel has bitten off more than he can chew..

Honker down you hairy dog

Daps
his endorsement by the georgia GOP establishment speaks volumes about what they think about black voters.

this dude might be the most blatant black manchurian candidate run by white supremacists.
I think he has been encouraged, and paid to run as a token to display the GOP isn’t racist. They don’t do this to prove it to black people, or democrats. They do this to prove to slightly guilt ridden conservatives who know what it is, but need an excuse to feel good about it.

This man has multiple children out of wedlock, and a flaming gay son, makes idiotic statements. but Trump supports him, so he is a black body willing to go to the Senate to do Trump’s bidding. Conservatives overlook his life in order to get him into office.

Meanwhile, you have the no tangibles, no vote crowd encouraging us to vote for nobody at all, as if the seat won’t get fulfilled regardless.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Straight ducking

And I can see why he has "accepted" this debate with nextstar media. They're basically a company that operates a bunch CW stations across the country.

I'm guessing his handlers know that they don't have anyone on staff that knows how to properly moderate a debate.