Hip Hop used to be educational. It was the classroom for the urban youth. Capitalism killed the art.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
these guys were really dropping gems, it wasn't all about hot lines or dope rhymes and hot beats. They always made sure to drop jewels. You can tell how important the art was. Yeah everybody want money, but they really cared about the art also.

Hiphop was about teaching, while at the same time making it sound cool. But now all nikkas talk about is bullshyt.
They don't drop gems about life or creative clever stories anymore. The art is dead.

There's no love. Its all fast food art. Make you feel good temporarily, but it have no substance.

This why NYC need to make a comeback. Its the only region with that can bring real hip hop back

CHICAGOrilla

All Star
Daps
Fam, go download a J Cole album or something. We having fun and we iced out nowdays:umad:

jebuz

I aint discriminate. I hate everyone equally.
Daps
Reppin
NY
Drake been on that story telling tip tho

He's been telling us about how Quentin been running through the 6 with his woes :troll:

Mr. Togo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Google
you know what I mean. It was an art form that u could learn and enjoy from. It gave something back

yea if you dropped out in the fifth grade :mjlol:

if it took a rapper for you to learn something then you were already lost

and don't blame anyone for the direction of hip-hop except the consumers

if that politic/lyrical miracle shyt was selling hotcakes the labels would be all over it because they only care about the money being made not the subject matter

the people have spoken and they just want hot music :yeshrug:

"I ain't come here for no coffee beans straight up coca leaves" :feedme:

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
I miss the 80s/90s era man. pure gems released during that period. the golden era of hip hop

lowkey0z

Veteran
Daps
i mean it is the ENTERTAINMENT industry :yeshrug:

ayne.gif

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
Poppa was a playa, player was a poppa

Daps
Yep sad shyt. Everything about money, bytches, drugs, kill kill shoot shoot gang shyt. However there still artists who drop gems and really care about the art like Jcole. Check out his latest shyt.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
so what u r saying is we need 40 year old men rapping about razors in their ass over obscure Chinese samples AND F-A-B-O-lo-uuu-S to save hip hop?

Nah, we need young beehs rapping the Public Enemy shyt that makes cacs all :whoa: .