Hip Hop used to be educational. It was the classroom for the urban youth. Capitalism killed the art.

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
Yep sad shyt. Everything about money, bytches, drugs, kill kill shoot shoot gang shyt. However there still artists who drop gems and really care about the art like Jcole. Check out his latest shyt.
Kendrick and cole saying the culture.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Learning lessons from music is about as dumb as looking at tv and movies to teach kids.
If you are a parent you teach your kids and instill proper values.

Daps
Learning lessons from music is about as dumb as looking at tv and movies to teach kids.
No its not. TV is complete different thing unless it's a documentary or some educational shyt. Not everybody has those type of parents. Plus listening to a wise, intelligent artist can definitely benefit u. Music is powerful. Ever listened to damian Marley and nas album? shyt had a lot powerful songs. A young person can learn a lot from

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
yea if you dropped out in the fifth grade :mjlol:

if it took a rapper for you to learn something then you were already lost

and don't blame anyone for the direction of hip-hop except the consumers

if that politic/lyrical miracle shyt was selling hotcakes the labels would be all over it because they only care about the money being made not the subject matter

the people have spoken and they just want hot music :yeshrug:

"I ain't come here for no coffee beans straight up coca leaves" :feedme:

no offense but y'all sound ignorant as hell. Hip hop is no doubt the most powerful and influential art form on the planet. When utilized correctly, its one of the greatest tools to uplift, motivate, inspire and educate the masses. There's a specific reason why 90% of easily-accessible mainstream Hip hop promotes and glorifies a criminal and destructive lifestyle. ITS BY DESIGN, not because "the people have spoken". :mjlol:

Its the same reason why the tv show A Different World was canceled after inspiring legions of black youth to pursue a higher education:

By design.

Mr. Togo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Google
no offense but y'all sound ignorant as hell. Hip hop is no doubt the most powerful and influential art form on the planet. When utilized correctly, its one of the greatest tools to uplift, motivate, inspire and educate the masses. There's a specific reason why 90% of easily-accessible mainstream Hip hop promotes and glorifies a criminal and destructive lifestyle. ITS BY DESIGN, not because "the people have spoken". :mjlol:

Its the same reason why the tv show A Different World was canceled after inspiring legions of black youth to pursue a higher education:

By design.

@PhonZhi shut up with your smart dumb nikka shyt

I told you awhile back to show me a peer-reviewed academic study on the harmful effects of hip-hop and not some goddamn youtube video that some other smart dumb nikka conspiracy theory retard done made in his spare time to justify why he doesn't like contemporary hip-hop

So go I'm waiting

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
WHO ELSE USED THE SAMPLE ON WU TANG - I CAN'T GO TO SLEEP ?

WAS IT DOOM???

I KNOW THE SAMPLE AT THE END WAS USED ON A LOUIS LOGIC TRACK "A PERFECT CIRCLE" I BELIEVE

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@PhonZhi shut up with your smart dumb nikka shyt

I told you awhile back to show me a peer-reviewed academic study on the harmful effects of hip-hop and not some goddamn youtube video that some other smart dumb nikka conspiracy theory retard done made in his spare time to justify why he doesn't like contemporary hip-hop

So go I'm waiting

Sorry breh, you alone on this one and sound flat out stupid:yeshrug:

Hip hop is one of the greatest "teachers" on the planet:yeshrug:

Everyone knows this but you.:yeshrug:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
No its not. TV is complete different thing unless it's a documentary or some educational shyt. Not everybody has those type of parents. Plus listening to a wise, intelligent artist can definitely benefit u. Music is powerful. Ever listened to damian Marley and nas album? shyt had a lot powerful songs. A young person can learn a lot from

No music isn't different than any other form of entertainment. You want people to listen to music you like and you are trying to act like there is a intellectual reason for it, there isn't.
I did this in another thread but most of your claims have no basis in reality. Youth crime, murder, drug usage has declined for black kids and for all other groups. Teen pregnancy also declining.
Listen to your old music and just appreciate it for what it was, but to try to get mad and denigrate modern music because the formerly modern music that you used to listen to, that the old heads in those days put down for the exact same reasons you are parroting today is a joke.

By design.

Knowledge typically sounds confusing to those invested in an idea which it takes a ignorance of reality to support.

Music is music, entertainment. A different world didn't inspire shyt, it was a tv show, black college and education was already rising and is still rising today with it not being on air and at the same rate.

college-grad-rates.png

Don't let psudeo-science be a substitute for actual knowledgable discussion.

LIke I said in the post above, the same thing you are saying about rap is what whites are said about every black dominant genre of music since black music was commercialized, sold, and/or performed.

Mr. Togo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Google
Sorry breh, you alone on this one and sound flat out stupid:yeshrug:

Hip hop is one of the greatest "teachers" on the planet:yeshrug:

Everyone knows this but you.:yeshrug:

Know it but have no proof of it :mjlol:

No wonder you make the same topics over and over again because even you don't believe the bullshyt you are peddling

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
No music isn't different than any other form of entertainment. You want people to listen to music you like and you are trying to act like there is a intellectual reason for it, there isn't.
I did this in another thread but most of your claims have no basis in reality. Youth crime, murder, drug usage has declined for black kids and for all other groups. Teen pregnancy also declining.
Listen to your old music and just appreciate it for what it was, but to try to get mad and denigrate modern music because the formerly modern music that you used to listen to, that the old heads in those days put down for the exact same reasons you are parroting today is a joke.

Knowledge typically sounds confusing to those invested in an idea which it takes a ignorance of reality to support.

Music is music, entertainment. A different world didn't inspire shyt, it was a tv show, black college and education was already rising and is still rising today with it not being on air and at the same rate.

college-grad-rates.png

Don't let psudeo-science be a substitute for actual knowledgable discussion.

LIke I said in the post above, the same thing you are saying about rap is what whites are said about every black dominant genre of music since black music was commercialized, sold, and/or performed.
Didn't read, I only skimmed through your post but i saw that you said "a different world didn't inspire shyt". False. I've seen multiple posters on this very site say how that show inspired them.

Are you white?

Either way, next:camby:

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Know it but have no proof of it :mjlol:

No wonder you make the same topics over and over again because even you don't believe the bullshyt you are peddling
Again, you and buddy are apparently the only ones that don't believe hip-hop has the ability to motivate, inspire, uplift and educate.

I legit feel sorry for yall:ld:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Didn't read, I only skimmed through your post but i saw that you said "a different world didn't inspire shyt". False. I've seen multiple posters on this very site say how that show inspired them.

Are you white?

Either way, next:camby:

You don't read, that is probably your main problem, if you don't read and educate yourself, you will never really have the equipment to actually make logical points.
You take anecdotal evidence from a message board and try to posit that its means anything overall, when there are detailed stats that show the rate of college enrollment and completion and I just posted it for you that shows steady increasing of the black rate pre and post a different world.

Am I white? No I'm not. I'm in my 30s.
That said if I wasn't calling me a cac wouldn't refute or make your poor point anymore relevant.