Hispanic Population Surges In Chicago Meanwhile the African-American population is shrinking

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would like to point out the suburbs are full of Mexicans . From Matteson to Riverdale . Cicero to Zion .Berwyn .Des Plaines to around Lake . They are EVERYWHERE . The whole east side from that big ass tank to Avenue O , Ewing,118th is pretty much Mexican . That WHOLE neighborhood behind Indiana from Ewing to Hegwisch is pretty much safe and beautiful . Big ass fukking houses . Behind Petes and TJ MAXX

I think at one point and it still might be today Chicago had the biggest Hispanic population behind L.A.

Black people are going to Indiana. Merriville,Griffith ,Hammond,Munster . Even Gary . . Out in Homewood paying $1750 for a 3 bedroom :gucci: 4 bedroom 2 baths in Merriville $999:wow:

nikkas moving from Calumet Park to Gary . Went from $1300 to $695.

My nikka got a job at US STEEL . He moved from Alsip to Gary . He paying $725 for 4 bedroom .

He lives behind the CVS store on broadway , but there's no CVS in Gary :francis:

I honestly don't know that many that have gone to Indiana but I don't doubt it. Shyt that's where a lot of jobs are going to. Housing costs too. Even without going to Indy, the difference between how far a budget goes in Chicago vs any of the southern suburbs for instance is crazy. 250K can get you a real nice spread with an actual yard and bedrooms that are sized for normal humans and not newborns.

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
I honestly don't know that many that have gone to Indiana but I don't doubt it. Shyt that's where a lot of jobs are going to. Housing costs too. Even without going to Indy, the difference between how far a budget goes in Chicago vs any of the southern suburbs for instance is crazy. 250K can get you a real nice spread with an actual yard and bedrooms that are sized for normal humans and not newborns.

More than 34,220 Illinois resident decamped across the state line to Indiana in 2015, the most recent year for which data was available, according to the U.S. Census Bureau's American Community Survey.

The Chicago-based Illinois Policy Institute think tank estimates Indiana gained an average net of 54 Illinois residents every day in 2015 and said it looks like the trend may accelerate. In a recent article on the think tank's web site, Madelyn Harwood wrote the South Shore Line West Lake expansion and double-tracking projects are poised to draw even more Illinois residents across the state line.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.so...f86e6ef1-5afb-5b0d-b6d7-adfa9e7f3ae4.amp.html

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
I would like to point out the suburbs are full of Mexicans . From Matteson to Riverdale . Cicero to Zion .Berwyn .Des Plaines to around Lake . They are EVERYWHERE . The whole east side from that big ass tank to Avenue O , Ewing,118th is pretty much Mexican . That WHOLE neighborhood behind Indiana from Ewing to Hegwisch is pretty much safe and beautiful . Big ass fukking houses . Behind Petes and TJ MAXX

I think at one point and it still might be today Chicago had the biggest Hispanic population behind L.A.

Black people are going to Indiana. Merriville,Griffith ,Hammond,Munster . Even Gary . . Out in Homewood paying $1750 for a 3 bedroom :gucci: 4 bedroom 2 baths in Merriville $999:wow:

nikkas moving from Calumet Park to Gary . Went from $1300 to $695.

My nikka got a job at US STEEL . He moved from Alsip to Gary . He paying $725 for 4 bedroom .

He lives behind the CVS store on broadway , but there's no CVS in Gary :francis:
you're describing way too much renting. i hope your friends realize they need to own something or else they'll always be at the mercy of rental rates.

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
you're describing way too much renting. i hope your friends realize they need to own something or else they'll always be at the mercy of rental rates.

Everyone is not built for home ownership and the responsibilities that come with it. As long as you aren't paying an excessive amount of money for rent you can build your wealth in other ways.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Everyone is not built for home ownership and the responsibilities that come with it. As long as you aren't paying an excessive amount of money for rent you can build your wealth in other ways.
yeah but you're gonna keep getting pushed out further and further away.

i agree you can build wealth while renting but that requires an even greater level of discipline and productive investments than the person (of a similar financial position) who owns their home. because a roof over your head is one of the essential costs of living, but the difference is that for the homeowner that eventually becomes an asset. for the renter that cost of living never gets converted into an asset and they have to be even more disciplined in how they are going to get that level of asset growth.

and in all honesty i think a lot of people who are paying high rent instead of owning aren't doing it by choice and are doing it because their credit is poor for example. and people with poor credit aren't going to be the kind of savvy investors that can build wealth while renting. when i saw that $725 rent for a 4/2 in gary, i said to myself that homes must be selling for cheap there and checked out this link (and did the same for merrillville) :

Gary, IN Real Estate - Gary Homes for Sale - realtor.com®

Merrillville, IN Real Estate - Merrillville Homes for Sale - realtor.com®

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
yeah but you're gonna keep getting pushed out further and further away.

i agree you can build wealth while renting but that requires an even greater level of discipline and productive investments than the person (of a similar financial position) who owns their home. because a roof over your head is one of the essential costs of living, but the difference is that for the homeowner that eventually becomes an asset. for the renter that cost of living never gets converted into an asset and they have to be even more disciplined in how they are going to get that level of asset growth.

and in all honesty i think a lot of people who are paying high rent instead of owning aren't doing it by choice and are doing it because their credit is poor for example. and people with poor credit aren't going to be the kind of savvy investors that can build wealth while renting. when i saw that $725 rent for a 4/2 in gary, i said to myself that homes must be selling for cheap there and checked out this link (and did the same for merrillville) :

Gary, IN Real Estate - Gary Homes for Sale - realtor.com®

Merrillville, IN Real Estate - Merrillville Homes for Sale - realtor.com®

Agree with everything you wrote. A friend a mine got into real estate, bought a 2flat and was living in one and renting out the other. She couldnt manage. She didnt know how to be a landlord and the water bill, insurance, being up to date with landlord tenant ordinances were just too much for her. She ended up selling it to us and getting a condo (which smh because she added HOA's on top of paying all the same bills). If you live in the city where the cost of living is not drastically increasing (like Chicago) then you could be okay renting and then finding other investments. The shift in rents and gentrification are on purpose, the closing of most of the schools in black neighborhoods is on purpose, the letting crime go unchecked, is on purpose. The Mayor wants Chicago to be a white/Hispanic city with most black folks living in the suburbs. After awhile, they too will be unaffordable and people will move to other states. Its all by design. The neighborhood I grew up in was one of the worse of the worse, now? Its starting to look like Logan Square.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it's difficult to say definitively why people rent vs buy. It's all based on individual circumstances.

For instance, if you're relatively young and maybe you decide to start your own business renting might make more sense than buying. If you're uncertain of your future income, owning a home can be very dangerous. You get behind and you may be on the road to foreclosure - ESPECIALLY if you run into unforeseen repairs etc. Renting gives you flexibility - which can be much more important than building an asset.

Or what if you're not sure you're going to be in Chicago permanently?

Or what if you're nomadic in the sense of wanting to experience life in different parts of the city?

Some people are also very risk averse. Whereas you might be willing to drop some money on a property in E. Garfield Park or Little Village because you're absolutely convinced gentrification will swoop in to guarantee your investment, other people are programmed differently. The only parts of the city where upward real estate values are almost guaranteed are already very expensive. For instance even an absolute DUMP that will require a gut rehab in Humboldt Park will cost you 200K +

I always try to caution people that ask me about R.E. because they heard its a surefire investment. Like AZ said, you have to know what you're getting into.

Daps
Agree with everything you wrote. A friend a mine got into real estate, bought a 2flat and was living in one and renting out the other. She couldnt manage. She didnt know how to be a landlord and the water bill, insurance, being up to date with landlord tenant ordinances were just too much for her. She ended up selling it to us and getting a condo (which smh because she added HOA's on top of paying all the same bills). If you live in the city where the cost of living is not drastically increasing (like Chicago) then you could be okay renting and then finding other investments. The shift in rents and gentrification are on purpose, the closing of most of the schools in black neighborhoods is on purpose, the letting crime go unchecked, is on purpose. The Mayor wants Chicago to be a white/Hispanic city with most black folks living in the suburbs. After awhile, they too will be unaffordable and people will move to other states. Its all by design. The neighborhood I grew up in was one of the worse of the worse, now? Its starting to look like Logan Square.

All done my Rahm Emanuel the Democrat.

Check out Richard Florida's book "The Creative Class" it outlines how they want these cities to look in the future.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
All done my Rahm Emanuel the Democrat.

Check out Richard Florida's book "The Creative Class" it outlines how they want these cities to look in the future.

That’s the basic plan of the Democratic Party, to stuff the United States with as many Hispanics as possible to supposedly give them a permanent majority

That’s why black people dodged a bullet when Hillary lost