Hispanic Population Surges In Chicago Meanwhile the African-American population is shrinking

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
635 Taft St, Gary, IN 46404 - realtor.com®

this is $55k ... what in the fukk. even has a man cave in the basement. i wish something like that was near me i would snap that up so quick and rent it out. an additional $5k of DIY work and that shyt would be looking pristine.
Income per capita in Gary is only 17K. The people who can afford those homes are probably not native. Those fleeing poverty from larger areas also cannot.

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
what's really cheap though? $600?

Yeah that sounds about right. My coworker has a 4bdrm house, not sure if its in Gary though but she pays $850 a month. I'm not sure of the condition of it either. That home you posted looks disgusting in the inside. It would need to be completely rehabbed from top to bottom.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
damn, i didn't know the chicago area was cheap like that these days. that's on a acre wooded lot too. i'm impressed. while it's not in the chicago city limits, it's about 30-40 mins out.

Flossmoor is south suburbs. South suburbs will always be cheapest, but Flossmoor is actually old money.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
635 Taft St, Gary, IN 46404 - realtor.com®

this is $55k ... what in the fukk. even has a man cave in the basement. i wish something like that was near me i would snap that up so quick and rent it out. an additional $5k of DIY work and that shyt would be looking pristine.

The really awesome thing about living in Gary is you have a really cool song/jingle named after the city you live in

:patrice:

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
Can't speak for Chicago but w/ decent factory jobs disappearing, black america never adjusted properly. These hispanics are learning trades, and learning them well. Economically they're putting stores in their neighborhoods AND black neighborhoods. Blacks aren't jumping on trades the way they should but instead settling for whatever they can get. Not even gonna get on group economics :wow:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can't speak for Chicago but w/ decent factory jobs disappearing, black america never adjusted properly. These hispanics are learning trades, and learning them well. Economically they're putting stores in their neighborhoods AND black neighborhoods. Blacks aren't jumping on trades the way they should but instead settling for whatever they can get. Not even gonna get on group economics :wow:

To be honest I would've agreed 100% with this statement a year ago. Definitely a big supporter of pushing kids into technical/specialty trades. But one under appreciated difficulty that many of these guys/girls face is the racism/nepotism that runs rampant in the unions/contractor community etc. I live in Chicago and have heard this many times from people in that line of work. Chicago is a union city so all of the government work is done by union labor. Problem is that its usually the old white guys who are making personnel decisions; who continues to get hours/overtime. Drive down any of the major construction projects in the South side (Red Line extension or anything near University of Chicago) and even though these neighborhoods are 80% black, maybe 5% of the construction workers are black.

I still agree with your premise tho

Jimi Swagger

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB

There are low interest loans earmarked for immigrants who go through naturalization process. The South Koreans took advantage (as well as housing incentives by Jewish landlords) when the US took in their poor in the 70s which is how they were able to get into farming, produce and open the mega Asian stores (think Lotto). They would send for their relatives back home once they got on and networked from there. This is one of the reasons why South Korea grew wealthy so quick. Latinos have recently hopped on the wave and unlike Asians, they are already here, have more relatives anchored in the US and are growing at fast rates. I forget the name of the specific programs, have to ask my friend who works at Edward Jones, but yeah it's not all hard work and bootstraps.

Multigenerational Americans who are classified as Black do not have access to the same.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
There are low interest loans earmarked for immigrants who go through naturalization process. The South Koreans took advantage (as well as housing incentives by Jewish landlords) when the US took in their poor in the 70s which is how they were able to get into farming, produce and open the mega Asian stores (think Lotto). They would send for their relatives back home once they got on and networked from there. This is one of the reasons why South Korea grew wealthy so quick. Latinos have recently hopped on the wave and unlike Asians, they are already here, have more relatives anchored in the US and are growing at fast rates. I forget the name of the specific programs, have to ask my friend who works at Edward Jones, but yeah it's not all hard work and bootstraps.

Multigenerational Americans who are classified as Black do not have access to the same.
link or name because my parents are naturalized and there was no low interest loans earmarked for them. there are non-govt loan programs to help immigrants with the naturalization FEE. so there was such a need to help people raise the money needed to pay the govt to apply to become a citizen that local immigrant groups and credit unions created these micro-lending programs, but yet the govt is giving people low interest loans that are big enough to start businesses and only a select few even know about it? i need proof because a lot of people don't even bother getting naturalized because of the costs and if there was a financial windfall at the end everyone eligible would get naturalized.

Jimi Swagger

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
link or name because my parents are naturalized and there was no low interest loans earmarked for them. there are non-govt loan programs to help immigrants with the naturalization FEE. so there was such a need to help people raise the money needed to pay the govt to apply to become a citizen that local immigrant groups and credit unions created these micro-lending programs, but yet the govt is giving people low interest loans that are big enough to start businesses and only a select few even know about it? i need proof because a lot of people don't even bother getting naturalized because of the costs and if there was a financial windfall at the end everyone eligible would get naturalized.

I suggest you contact SBA concerning these programs for businesses for immigrants in specific. Again, this is information shared in conversation with my friend who is a financial advisor.

From Tobacco to Tortillas: Latinos Remake Durham, North Carolina - NBC News
Minneapolis program empowers immigrants to start their own businesses
Here is some information about 7a programs that foreign national as residents: How to Start a Business in the U.S. as a Foreign National | Syed Law Firm

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
I suggest you contact SBA concerning these programs for businesses for immigrants in specific. Again, this is information shared in conversation with my friend who is a financial advisor.

From Tobacco to Tortillas: Latinos Remake Durham, North Carolina - NBC News
Minneapolis program empowers immigrants to start their own businesses
Here is some information about 7a programs that foreign national as residents: How to Start a Business in the U.S. as a Foreign National | Syed Law Firm
those aren't some exclusive "you've completed your naturalization, here go start a business" gift. in the minneapolis one you don't even need to be a citizen just a legal resident and it's a minority and immigrant small loan program (and african americans get half the loans).

and in the north carolina article black banks are lending them money, not some govt handout for completing citizenship. black banks like lending people money and getting paid back too.

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
I dont know of too man black neighborhoods with Hispanic stores in them, plenty of Middle Eastern folks tho. We (black folks) lack economic investment. I disagree with the bolded. My brother has been home from jail about 7 years now. Immediately upon his release he went to school, learned a trade and now he builds parts for airplanes and makes about 80K a year(which is more than I make and I have a college degree). I think with more opportunities and investment in black futures (and not policing) there would be a significant shift. Chicago closed over 50 public schools over the last year but want to build a $95 million police academy, shyt makes no sense. They've spent about $500 million + on police lawsuits since 2000. Just imagine what could have been done with that money.

Jimi Swagger

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
those aren't some exclusive "you've completed your naturalization, here go start a business" gift. in the minneapolis one you don't even need to be a citizen just a legal resident and it's a minority and immigrant small loan program (and african americans get half the loans).

and in the north carolina article black banks are lending them money, not some govt handout for completing citizenship. black banks like lending people money and getting paid back too.
I suggest you contact SBA concerning these programs for businesses for naturalized immigrants. You overlooked the grants in the NC article also. Government funding backs banks, especially specific loan programs.