Hoteps and their mess

Fox

Pro
Daps
Reppin
PHARAOH & THEM
So is it a form of religion or system of rules and such? or this is just something that North Americans do?

The afrikania mission in Ghana does the Hotep stuff.

It's a pan African movement it's not a 'religion' as far as a system of rules yea there's this thing called 'ma'at' you can aspire to live by, every man's spiritual path is unique its not anything like being a muslim or christian.

Nomadum

Woke Dreamer
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
It's a pan African movement it's not a 'religion' as far as a system of rules yea there's this thing called 'ma'at' you can aspire to live by, every man's spiritual path is unique its not anything like being a muslim or christian.

oh ok, preciate the heads up. I kept trying to find information online but majority of the hits were anti-Hotep so I couldn't get no real information. dap breh

• Dap
Reactions: Fox

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB

Some people are trying to shame those who have an interest in black power.

A movement without mapped goals and a set agenda is a social club. Hoteps get a bad rep because of that and many tend to be cliquish and judgemental. I've encountered many good ones, mainly academics Aaron McGruder types or high ranking military, which I meshed well with those that attended Steve Cokely seminars(rip), traveling(hiking mounds, excavations, and health retreats), and Tony Browder tours. Even one suit brother who was a contractor, Project Manager, in Bahrain became a bestie. They were socially aware and promoted brotherhood without the "ase ase" bravado. Those on the metaphysical tip, dictating hair, dress, and dating rituals (when their life is a mess like Umar), fresh out the hood or backwoods that scream the loudest shout executed and are off putting. Being proud and aware does not mean hating another group villainizing people who do not look like nor agree with you. Not only do you alienate yourself, you cut off potential help and allies. Encountered those when attending a Delbert Blair seminar (don't waste the money, he talks in circles and recites the same shyt on Youtube with vendors peddling crystals, "sustainable" jewelry made out of melted soda cans and cowry, and alkaline water) They tend to promote former trap queens and thots that stopped wearing weaves and read a few books as "goddesses" but are innately the same people that have only gained history and religious(I'm sorry) spiritual talking points. I contributed to Bobby Hemmit's fund when he suffered a stroke 2 years or so ago and Dr. Ben(rip) when he sat in a resthome.

A hotep encountered me as I was walking pass the trolley station recently, from DMV passing through town. I helped him find a spot to chill and eat downtown before I went on my way, as I help most people, including my own. I am obviously black looking person and used to black people, especially homeless bruhs, African immigrants, and dark Chicanos approaching. I live in an diverse but majority non-black area ( biracials but mainly Asians and Chicanos). Anyway, the walk with the brother was basically a pity party about how people on the trolley looked at him "funny", how no one wanted to help him though he "looked nice, spoke well, educated" (even as I detoured from my route to show a stranger around). I told him perhaps he should change his mind and focus as how we perceive is our reality as a black person in a predominately Chicano neighborhood and working with Whites and Asians I have not encountered many problems. Then it got worse as he started to talk about Jim Crow and systematic oppression, offering no viable solutions. Finally when I dropped him off, gave him some contacts and things. He started from being friendly to sour as I told him about my spouse who currently in the UAE. He gave me the :mjpls: when I replied he is an African documented for 8 gens at least and. :pachaha:Then I showed our photos and then with a :martin: he replied bae is not an "original" African the culture. I refused to feed into the mania as I am sure breh has only read about things Sa'id, and ignorant to the fact that many Black Americans have 2nd and 3rd homes, Black Coptic Christians live alongside Arab Muslims where most of the pyramids are located, preserved. I wished him well and didn't bother to exchange contact information. Sadly, there are more hoteps than conscious and upwardly mobile Black people, just as nikkas outnumber. That was the most emotionally draining walks to work I ever had and glad I stay in meditation in the mornings. I gathered nothing from the exchange besides breh was hurt and broken and searching for something, the same as attending some of those hotep circle jerks.

Fox

Pro
Daps
Reppin
PHARAOH & THEM
How's your weekend Jimmy bAbe :ehh:

A movement without mapped goals and a set agenda is a social club. Hoteps get a bad rep because of that and many tend to be cliquish and judgemental. I've encountered many good ones, mainly academics Aaron McGruder types or high ranking military, which I meshed well with those that attended Steve Cokely seminars(rip), traveling(hiking mounds, excavations, and health retreats), and Tony Browder tours. Even one suit brother who was a contractor, Project Manager, in Bahrain became a bestie. They were socially aware and promoted brotherhood without the "ase ase" bravado. Those on the metaphysical tip, dictating hair, dress, and dating rituals (when their life is a mess like Umar), fresh out the hood or backwoods that scream the loudest shout executed and are off putting. Being proud and aware does not mean hating another group villainizing people who do not look like nor agree with you. Not only do you alienate yourself, you cut off potential help and allies. Encountered those when attending a Delbert Blair seminar (don't waste the money, he talks in circles and recites the same shyt on Youtube with vendors peddling crystals, "sustainable" jewelry made out of melted soda cans and cowry, and alkaline water) They tend to promote former trap queens and thots that stopped wearing weaves and read a few books as "goddesses" but are innately the same people that have only gained history and religious(I'm sorry) spiritual talking points. I contributed to Bobby Hemmit's fund when he suffered a stroke 2 years or so ago and Dr. Ben(rip) when he sat in a resthome.

The agenda is pan African and all that pan Africanism entails, the nvm has grown branches and held functions across the nation, I'm not seeing how you get to that point without mapped goals. Secondly, why would a movement such as this one revolutionary in nature allow others to define it? If you run across a gang member on the corner wearing a certain hat or color that doesn't mean the guy down the block who doesn't identify with colors or hats isn't a 'gang' member himself. Thirdly, I'm finding out most people probably don't know what a Hotep is. Hoteps get a bad rep because people run with what sounds good or what's 'hot' when in actuality things are a bit more complex.

Propaganda on its own is a powerful tool but when combined with sheeplike mentalities it's near indestructible.

Fox

Pro
Daps
Reppin
PHARAOH & THEM
:what: nikka it's not a person. It's an Africa belief system

Kwesi Ra out of chicago is the judge, jury and executioner of 'nanasom' hell without him you don't have any of that 'nanasom' stuff.

I'm familiar with what they having going on, had an update from them earlier below...

qGdjbI.png

Everyone in here needs to research Nanasom

And I couldn't care less about what you think I should research, it doesn't matter if the system is Akan, Yoruba, Zulu, Dogon etc all African spirituality operate on the same principles, I'm already deep on the path the stuff they're doing over there pertaining to spirituality is child's play to me, I'm connected with families that have been doing this stuff generation after generation, I don't need an introduction into a belief system I'm dealing with the uncut science point blank.

Negroes always coming on some vampire in brooklyn palm reader stuff :childplease:

Last edited:

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
Kwesi Ra out of chicago is the judge, jury and executioner of 'nanasom' hell without him you don't have any of that 'nanasom' stuff.

I'm familiar with what they having going on, had an update from them earlier below...

qGdjbI.png

And I couldn't care less about what you think I should research, it doesn't matter if the system is Akan, Yoruba, Zulu, Dogon etc all African spirituality operate on the same principles, I'm already deep on the path the stuff they're doing over there pertaining to spirituality is child's play to me, I'm connected with families that have been doing this stuff generation after generation, I don't need an introduction into a belief system I'm dealing with the uncut science point blank.

Negroes always coming on some vampire in brooklyn palm reader stuff :childplease:
Ok you already know this good for you :yeshrug:.... this was meant for those who don't know

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
it doesn't matter if the system is Akan, Yoruba, Zulu, Dogon etc all African spirituality operate on the same principles, I'm already deep on the path the stuff they're doing over there pertaining to spirituality is child's play to me, I'm connected with families that have been doing this stuff generation after generation, I don't need an introduction into a belief system I'm dealing with the uncut science point blank.

This should have been the discussion since page 1, instead of 4 pages going in circles.

Fox

Pro
Daps
Reppin
PHARAOH & THEM
This should have been the discussion since page 1, instead of 4 pages going in circles.

That's not the intent of the thread the reason I put Tupac and Aaliyah up there is to combat the loony azz generalizations about Hoteps, coming up as a young kid this is who everybody looked up to in the music game and they'd def be considered 'Hoteps' by today's standards.

If people want to have a conversation on African spirituality or promote a certain belief system they're more than free to create their own thread.