Houston Rockets 2023 Thread - It’s Your Time Udoka

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
Pretty much forgot Sengun and Bruno didn’t play. Wonder how both these Jazz games would’ve turned out with both of them on the floor. Regardless, with a full roster, Nix should never see the floor. He doesn’t do anything at all well.

Hopefully when TyTy gets back he can take those back up PG minutes from Nix because I don't see much in him either.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
With the way the upcoming schedule is, I don’t think Silas makes it to the end of the year. These guys don’t look like they’re being coached. It’s simply playground ball out there.

Tha_Mac

Daps
With the way the upcoming schedule is, I don’t think Silas makes it to the end of the year. These guys don’t look like they’re being coached. It’s simply playground ball out there.

Too much ISO. Hardly any ball movement. No player movement. No using Sengun in a Jokic type roll where Green, Jabari & KJP can get open off ball and fed by Sengun.

Bad line ups and substitution patterns, no in game adjustments, no offensive system just ISO, ISO and more iso (which is okay for a veteran team but not a team full of 1st, 2nd and 3rd year players).

At the end of last season and to start this season I thought Silas was the guy. But it seems Silas is best in practice, developing players, making personal relationships and in film sessions. Which are more traits of an assistant coach.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
Too much ISO. Hardly any ball movement. No player movement. No using Sengun in a Jokic type roll where Green, Jabari & KJP can get open off ball and fed by Sengun.

Bad line ups and substitution patterns, no in game adjustments, no offensive system just ISO, ISO and more iso (which is okay for a veteran team but not a team full of 1st, 2nd and 3rd year players).

At the end of last season and to start this season I thought Silas was the guy. But it seems Silas is best in practice, developing players, making personal relationships and in film sessions. Which are more traits of an assistant coach.
Yup. They're not playing like a team.

All these stats about KPJ and Green shooting insane off-ball, yet barely any off-ball looks generated for them.

If anybody should be having more iso than they are it's Sengun because dude can generate those looks for other players.

Honestly, the Jabari experiment kind of disappointing. Only thing they need that guy to do offensively is knock down the shots, you can't have your 3&D player shoot more 2's than 3's. Additionally, what's as bad is dude don't look to pass. Not going to lie, I was really hoping for Paolo/Chet or them to trade down, but since they rolled with him I was hoping the shooting was legit.

Along the lines of spacing: I still like the JG iso but when there's no room to work and the paint is consistently clogged, then it's going to be tough. Dude beats his defender quite frequently, but the problem is the help defense from a clogged paint collapses and everybody stands still leading to no passing lanes.

Nonetheless, I really think they got the pieces but you're right, the game plan ain't working. The crazy thing is, the team is top 10 when it comes to taking the best shots possible (3's and by the rim). However, the rest of the offense makes all those shots (at least near the rim) difficult because there's no legit spacing.

Bottom line though the offense is very: "shoot a 3 pointer or go for layup" vanilla. those are the shots you want, sure but you need players to not stand around.

Last edited:

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Silas is easily the worst coach in the league. Read a quote about him saying how he told them before the game that u can't play a certain way. forgot the exact quote but :mindblown: you're the coach, if they not playing a certain way, u do something about it, not just tell them. and why is josh christopher the only one being held accountable? why is daishen nix getting more development time than him?

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
Yup. They're not playing like a team.

All these stats about KPJ and Green shooting insane off-ball, yet barely any off-ball looks generated for them.

If anybody should be having more iso than they are it's Sengun because dude can generate those looks for other players.

Honestly, the Jabari experiment kind of disappointing. Only thing they need that guy to do offensively is knock down the shots, you can't have your 3&D player shoot more 2's than 3's. .Additionally, what's as bad is dude don't look to pass. Not going to lie, I was really hoping for Paolo/Chet or them to trade down, but since they rolled with him I was hoping the shooting was legit.

Along the lines of spacing: I still like the JG iso but when there's no room to work and the paint is consistently clogged, then it's going to be tough. Dude beats his defender quite frequently, but the problem is the help defense from a clogged paint collapses and everybody stands still leading to no passing lanes.

Nonetheless, I really think they got the pieces but you're right, the game plan ain't working. The crazy thing is, the team is top 10 when it comes to taking the best shots possible (3's and by the rim). However, the rest of the offense makes all those shots (at least near the rim) difficult because there's no legit spacing.
Stone fukk up and showed his hand in wanting Paolo pre draft when that picture leak, then magic flip who they wanted last minute.

collateral.

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
Rockets offense is so gotdamn nasty. Dribble dribble dribble pass pass pass until the shot clock is a 3 and they pass it to JG and expect him to make a play. I only care cause I drafted him early in fantasy like a dumbass. But Silas need to clean that shyt up.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I don’t mind the last shot being set up like that, but you gotta make that shyt. EG smoked the hell out that smh. But…they were up 93-88 with 1:27 left, and they never scored again :gucci: they fought hard that game but man that’s a game you had a chance to win.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Another winnable game squandered. Paul George is Paul George, can’t be mad at his scoring, but Marcus Morris??? Really?

Two of your starters combining for 60 minutes and only coming up with two point is disgusting though. That’s inexcusable.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rockets offense is so gotdamn nasty. Dribble dribble dribble pass pass pass until the shot clock is a 3 and they pass it to JG and expect him to make a play. I only care cause I drafted him early in fantasy like a dumbass. But Silas need to clean that shyt up.
I keep telling ppl this. There’s no fukking system. That’s why all our talented players in offense are all inconsistent.

One thing I was wrong about this season is I thought the Rockets would be enjoyable to watch(not winning). But this ain’t enjoyable to watch out side the first two games. They struggle on offense. They come out slow and without energy. A team this young should Never look lethargic. Silas said he was goin expand the playbook. What’s the fukking playbook then?

Tha_Mac

Daps
I keep telling ppl this. There’s no fukking system. That’s why all our talented players in offense are all inconsistent.

One thing I was wrong about this season is I thought the Rockets would be enjoyable to watch(not winning). But this ain’t enjoyable to watch out side the first two games. They struggle on offense. They come out slow and without energy. A team this young should Never look lethargic. Silas said he was goin expand the playbook. What’s the fukking playbook then?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers this. Those Jalen dribble hand offs are so predictable, that can't be what Silas was talking about.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Can San Antonio trade us Popovich for KPJ? :beli:

Can we at least pretend to attempt to go after Udoka? :beli:

we are a coach and 2 vets away.
watch us go get Rivers or Fat Gundy :francis: