How big of a window does Boston have to win a title. And if they don’t, will they go down as being the New Jersey Nets 2.0?

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mississauga
If they don't win this year then....

EBBiUynUYAAT0Sc.jpg

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
If they lose this year, Mazzula is definitely out - and the discussion needs to be had if Tatum is a 1A guy who can lead a team to a title.

They couldn’t have picked an easier route to get through the East. Cleveland’s hurt. Knicks have half their rotation out. Pacers are banged up too.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
So break them up and if/when they both fail to win the chip on the own, they'll still get joked and clowned about anyways like what happens with everyone else?
I mean that comes with the territory but I posted this last year:

Rather than break them up, you want 8 years of Durant and Westbrook? 11 years of West and Baylor? 18 years of Malone and Stockton?

How long is too long with these guys as your frontmen?

If I'm a Boston exec, this shyt is reaching critical mass. They are in Year 7 together. At some point you know whether they are the guys who can do it or not, or you're just lying to yourself...

And you know how this works in the modern NBA bruh, if the Celtics don't move first, one of the two Jays will force that hand by demanding out sooner than later anyway...

I'd rather get ahead of it when it's clearly been shown they can't get us a championship together. Now, maybe that changes this season, we'll see. But if it doesn't? I gotta get ahead of it!

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
Their wing duo is young.......but how much fukkup proofing of the roster do you have to do to stop them from wetting the bed

I don't wanna hear this young excuse anymore with them as they are currently in their 7th and 8th year in the league. They're vets.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I mean that comes with the territory but I posted this last year:

Rather than break them up, you want 8 years of Durant and Westbrook? 11 years of West and Baylor? 18 years of Malone and Stockton?

How long is too long with these guys as your frontmen?

If I'm a Boston exec, this shyt is reaching critical mass. They are in Year 7 together. At some point you know whether they are the guys who can do it or not, or you're just lying to yourself...

And you know how this works in the modern NBA bruh, if the Celtics don't move first, one of the two Jays will force that hand by demanding out sooner than later anyway...

I'd rather get ahead of it when it's clearly been shown they can't get us a championship together. Now, maybe that changes this season, we'll see. But if it doesn't? I gotta get ahead of it!
With how much people have been shytting on KD’s career and clowning him since he left OKC, you could make the valid argument that he would have been better off staying there.

I wouldn’t use him as an example as that’s proving my point.

Last edited:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
With how much people have been shytting on KD’s career and clowning him since he left OKC, you could make the valid argument that he would have been better off staying there.
You could make the argument but it isn't too compelling, he got to 3 more Finals and won 2 Championships immediately leaving OKC. It was the right move...

Most of the criticism with Durant  today, is that his career never continued its upward trajectory when he left GS. Which, while most heads seemed to believe it would, I ALWAYS referenced his pre-GS career as evidence of believing he wouldnt have the same success post-GS. I'm unsurprised with how his career has played out but most heads are disappointed that his post-GS career hasn't been more successful...

It was still the right move to leave Oklahoma, he gave it 9 years...

So if one of the Jays asks out, it'll be the right move given its been 7 years already (and may be more before they ever break up)...

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
You could make the argument but it isn't too compelling, he got to 3 more Finals and won 2 Championships immediately leaving OKC. It was the right move...

Most of the criticism with Durant  today, is that his career never continued its upward trajectory when he left GS. Which, while most heads seemed to believe it would, I ALWAYS referenced his pre-GS career as evidence of believing he wouldnt have the same success post-GS. I'm unsurprised with how his career has played out but most heads are disappointed that his post-GS career hasn't been more successful...

It was still the right move to leave Oklahoma, he gave it 9 years...

So if one of the Jays asks out, it'll be the right move given its been 7 years already (and may be more before they ever break up)...
That’s not true and even you know it.

You literally have people including Draymond discrediting everything that KD did in GS because he didn’t do it on his own without a “stacked” team.

Anyways, this discussion is a moot point as Tatum isn’t turning down $350+ million in the offseason and Boston isn’t trading either one of them anytime soon.

Everyone can’t win a championship and this discourse that your career is a failure without it is complete ass.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
That’s not true and even you know it.

You literally have people including Draymond discrediting everything that KD did in GS because he didn’t do it on his own without a “stacked” team.

Anyways, this discussion is a moot point as Tatum isn’t turning down $350+ million in the offseason and Boston isn’t trading either one of them anytime soon.

Everyone can’t win a championship and this discourse that your career is a failure without it is complete ass.
Both points can be true, fam...

And I'm not the guy, and never have been, the one who said your career is ass without a championship so I don't know why you bring that up with me...

However, Boston has been successful, good-to-great teams the entirety of Tatum's and Brown's careers. Not winning a championship with those guys is an organizational failure since they obviously believe they are good enough to win a title with, and it is an indictment on those two as players that they aren't strong enough to win one given the whole careers have been on great teams...

Doesn't make their careers ass. But it could be viewed as underperformance...

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Both points can be true, fam...

And I'm not the guy, and never have been, the one who said your career is ass without a championship so I don't know why you bring that up with me...

However, Boston has been successful, good-to-great teams the entirety of Tatum's and Brown's careers. Not winning a championship with those guys is an organizational failure since they obviously believe they are good enough to win a title with, and it is an indictment on those two as players that they aren't strong enough to win one given the whole careers have been on great teams...

Doesn't make their careers ass. But it could be viewed as underperformance...
I didn't say you would. I said others including posters on this site and the media.

Like I said, this discussion is a moot point right now anyways considering that Tatum isn't leaving that type of money on the table.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This Tatum/Brown era is bordering on its limits. I made a thread last year that got bushed but I was right then, and I'm right now...

7 years of this shyt together. In this 7 years, 1 Finals appearance, 1-2 in 3 ECF runs. They'll probably advance to another Finals or ECF this year so we can judge em on that, but this thing is bordering on "break it up" status...

But after they inevitably flame out again, there'll be many of you nikkas lobbying to keep them together, "they just need time". How much more time do they need?

A champion isn't losing that G2 to Cleveland at home the way they did, that shyt is unacceptable. And given they are on their third coach in these 7 years, it's not the coach, its the players and the culture...

Loser franchise since the 1987 season, that's going back 38 years now, older than me and alot of you nikkas, they have ONE championship. One. 1-3 in three Finals appearances in these 38 years. 4-7 ECF in these 38 years...

What an overrated franchise. And what an overrated, underperforming duo in Tatum and Brown...

What trade can they make that will increase their odds of winning a championship?

Not even trolling, like give me something that’s actually realistic

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
What trade can they make that will increase their odds of winning a championship?

Not even trolling, like give me something that’s actually realistic
I think you trade one of those guys, they have parallel skill sets. You don't need em both. You got Porzingis playing at an awesome level and he's still just Y9/age 28. You have your big who is still young enough to be a building block for years to come...

So with your big and wing (whichever Jay you keep), the one you trade will bring you back a TON in draft picks and depth that you could fill out with a real point guard, not White or Jrue or Brogdon or Smart, you could get in return or draft a real point (a trade with Atlanta bringing Trae would be a good look). The depth to all positions you could recoup from trading a Jay, this team wouldn't lose their place in championship contention and it could put them over the hump...

Because as it stands right now, the two Jays together is proven to not being able to bring the LOB to Boston...