How big of a window does Boston have to win a title. And if they don’t, will they go down as being the New Jersey Nets 2.0?

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think you trade one of those guys, they have parallel skill sets. You don't need em both. You got Porzingis playing at an awesome level and he's still just Y9/age 28. You have your big who is still young enough to be a building block for years to come...

So with your big and wing (whichever Jay you keep), the one you trade will bring you back a TON in draft picks and depth that you could fill out with a real point guard, not White or Jrue or Brogdon or Smart, you could get in return or draft a real point (a trade with Atlanta bringing Trae would be a good look). The depth to all positions you could recoup from trading a Jay, this team wouldn't lose their place in championship contention and it could put them over the hump...

Because as it stands right now, the two Jays together is proven to not being able to bring the LOB to Boston...

If Brad Stevens called the Hawks this offseason and offered Jaylen Brown and picks for Trae Young and role players, Landry Fields would probably personally drive Trae from Atlanta to Boston :mjlol:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
If Brad Stevens called the Hawks this offseason and offered Jaylen Brown and picks for Trae Young and role players, Landry Fields would probably personally drive Trae from Atlanta to Boston :mjlol:
People always talk about breaking up that Tatu/Brown duo, but don’t have a viable package or player for Boston to receive in return

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People always talk about breaking up that Tatu/Brown duo, but don’t have a viable package or player for Boston to receive in return

And my thing is, neither are untradeable. If for argument's sake they fail to win the title this year and some team comes to the Celtics with an offer that makes the team better, even if it's just in the short-term, you pull the trigger on it. But making a trade just to make a trade, even if it doesn't actually change the team's fortune is a waste of time

NBA fans need to divorce themselves from the idea that "blow it up" is the best solution for every situation.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
So neither of you believe a Tatum-Porzingis-Trae trio is more palatable than the two Jays together?

You say a trade may not change the team's fortune, my thing is either take a big swing or stay on the treadmill, because the only level of fortune up from where Boston currently is, is winning it all. They've already made a Finals, won 60 games, been a 1-seed, been to ECFs. If this duo cant win a championship swing for something that could!
And my thing is, neither are untradeable. If for argument's sake they fail to win the title this year and some team comes to the Celtics with an offer that makes the team better, even if it's just in the short-term, you pull the trigger on it. But making a trade just to make a trade, even if it doesn't actually change the team's fortune is a waste of time

NBA fans need to divorce themselves from the idea that "blow it up" is the best solution for every situation.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
So neither of you believe a Tatum-Porzingis-Trae trio is more palatable than the two Jays together?

You say a trade may not change the team's fortune, my thing is either take a big swing or stay on the treadmill, because the only level of fortune up from where Boston currently is, is winning it all. They've already made a Finals, won 60 games, been a 1-seed, been to ECFs. If this duo cant win a championship swing for something that could!
A Tatum-Porzingis-Brown trio is more more palatable than than Tatum-Porzingis-Trae trio and it's not even close.

If they're going to move Brown, then you can find much better offers than Trae as he isn't it.

Technically, Boston could scrounge up the assets to get Trae without even having to add Brown to the mix considering they still have all of their picks for the most part.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

On paper does the best version of Trae Young complement Tatum & Porzingis better than Brown, yes I can see the argument for that.

Do I believe that idealized version of Trae would actually come true in reality if they trade for him? Not really.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
What trade can they make that will increase their odds of winning a championship?

Not even trolling, like give me something that’s actually realistic
It's tough because they've really committed to their starting five with salaries to match. That Jrue contract is really ugly to me.

Darius Garland's taken a step back this season but a swap of him and Brown as the main pieces would make sense for both teams if Boston wasn't stuck with Jrue.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's tough because they've really committed to their starting five with salaries to match. That Jrue contract is really ugly to me.

Darius Garland's taken a step back this season but a swap of him and Brown as the main pieces would make sense for both teams if Boston wasn't stuck with Jrue.

I agree on the Jrue part

I’m not surprised he got an extension since that’s been alluded to all season but I wasn’t expecting that high AAV :francis:

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Had Lebron/Jordan played with the same amount of talent relative to the rest of the league as Tutum during their first 7 seasons, they would've won multiple championships by the end of year 7......Tatum/Boston needs to win the championship this season as it will only get harder as other teams/players get better.

Last edited:

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
I don't wanna hear this young excuse anymore with them as they are currently in their 7th and 8th year in the league. They're vets.

Pretty much

They are young in age...certainly not in experience....They been through three coaches now..

Roster pieces have come and gone..

At some point wasted chances are gonna come back to bite them....and with age comes injury concerns...for both them and their surrounding parts...

How much production they expect to keep squeezing out of Al Hereford

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Had Lebron/Jordan played with the same amount of talent relative to the rest of the league as Tutum during their first 7 seasons, they would've won multiple championships by the end of year 7......Tatum/Boston needs to win the championship this season as it will only get harder as other teams/players get better.
This is the first season in Tatum's career where he's had the most talented team in the league.

And a big part of that was adding Porzingis, who is out right now. Yall nikkas just be saying anything :dead:

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
They've been title contenders since Lebron was with the Cavs for the 2nd time when Brad Stevens was the coach. The time is NOW. They don't win this year, it's time to break it up.

LastSecondRuger

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The End
Tatum is not a goat level player

Bron/Jordan were both undeniably top 3-5 by year 3.

Tatum still not top 5, realistically top 8