How Cam Newton is being portrayed as a villain

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

FTESWL sits down with David who talks to them about two articles he has written. Starting at the 55:39 mark the article about "America's NWA: Sports IS a Magnifying Glass" puts you in a place where you can categorize David's son and model him after three players.

1. Richard Sherman

2. Marshawn Lynch

3. Cam Newton

We 3 try to take on why isn't Cam Newton getting fully embraced by the media why is there such a backlash with how he celebrates or how he chooses to lead a team who has only lost 1 game and on their way to the Super Bowl. Why is it when Tom Brady yells and spike a ball after a TD it's passion but if Cam Newton or anybody else does it, it's disruptive. Is Cam and Russel Wilson a new wave of QB's who are not just a duel threat but are successful at doing it as well.

Article

State of Emergency for HipHop + How Cam Newton is being portrayed as a villain. | FTESWL
State of Emergency for HipHop + How Cam Newton is being portrayed as a villain.

www.twitter.com/FTESWL

@DPresidential :salute:

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
This is nothing really new to be honest and it goes back a lot farther than when he started being successful. They were trying to tear him down back when he was struggling because he would appear genuinely upset over the fact he was losing. The same shyt other QBs, like Brady, have gotten praised for in the past he got slammed for while his "leadership" qualities were questioned.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
@LinusCaldwell in your opinion has Scam done anything to deserve the criticism or is he just a black QB simply being attacked for being black?
Cam used to get criticized and hated for the most mundane things. He literally used to get hate for hanging his head during post-game press conferences after a loss. Like what else was he supposed to do? I used to watch and listen to these crackers dismember Cam, and I'd be just in a state of confusion. Like he literally couldn't do anything as far as body language that wouldn't draw criticism. Now all of these "It's not his race", "We don't hate Cam", all have collective amnesia on how he was critiqued when the Panthers were losing. Some of these crackers are so disingenuous....

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
@LinusCaldwell in your opinion has Scam done anything to deserve the criticism or is he just a black QB simply being attacked for being black?

I think a little bit of both. Some of the criticism he recieves are head scratchers. But again he also isn't the conventional QB (stand in the pocket who rarely scrambles) and he gets some flack for that as well. He's on a historic run it will be interesting to see how he is recieved this week in the media.

@AVXL what do you think?

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
You guys have to remember, he didn't get critiqued for on-field antics, he used to get critiqued for putting a towel over his head when the Panthers were losing. YES!!! For putting a towel over his head when the Panthers were losing. So these cacs can miss me with the "Well if he only acted with class while he's on the field" BS.

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
White men are mad because white women are fiending for Cam, you have female ESPN analyst openly stating that he's their ideal man. He has little white kids thinking he's the coolest dude on the planet. He's one of those once in a generation type of players. He's too Black, too good, too strong, too young. That bothers white men to an extent.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
You guys have to remember, he didn't get critiqued for on-field antics, he used to get critiqued for putting a towel over his head when the Panthers were losing. YES!!! For putting a towel over his head when the Panthers were losing.

This... rose colored glasses work both ways...

We, as humans in Western Society, have a tendency to judge the cup half full or half empty before we even truly have any real evidence to form that opinion.

Put race, religion and ego in the mix... whoa.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Let the whole world know i rep Zone 4
Cam used to get criticized and hated for the most mundane things. He literally used to get hate for hanging his head during post-game press conferences after a loss. Like what else was he supposed to do? I used to watch and listen to these crackers dismember Cam, and I'd be just in a state of confusion. Like he literally couldn't do anything as far as body language that wouldn't draw criticism. Now all of these "It's not his race", "We don't hate Cam", all have collective amnesia on how he was critiqued when the Panthers were losing. Some of these crackers are so disingenuous....

I respect your opinion :salute:

But I think you're being a bit disingenuous if you give Scam a complete pass for some of the baggage he's created for himself from college and into the pros that created some of the criticism he's had aimed at him. He's been called out by his teammates for some of his antics (including pouting on the sideline), he's been a guy who pouts when he loses, but doing the :cape: when he wins. We all know it's racism that's coming at Scam's neck, but he's brought a lot of negative attention on himself as well

I think a little bit of both. Some of the criticism he recieves are head scratchers. But again he also isn't the conventional QB (stand in the pocket who rarely scrambles) and he gets some flack for that as well. He's on a historic run it will be interesting to see how he is recieved this week in the media.

Yea some of the criticism has been unfair and unnecessary, but when you're in the spotlight everything you do is gonna get scrutinized and criticized. Up until this yr, Scam was a mediocre QB who was barely .500 as a QB, he's in the process of rewriting the course of his career if he can win Sun, but he's a polarizing guy. I'm not sure why the average Coli breh doesn't understand that

birdgang91

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philly to Seatown
Cam use to get shyt before when the Panthers were losing. Now that they're winning, he is still getting crap. Race defintely plays a part because you always see Brady cussin out his Olinemen or Rodgers doing that crappy WWE title belt dance thing he does. Don't get me wrong, I think Cam can be obnoxious sometimes( just because I'm black don't mean I'm gonna be all for it) but white QBs do the exact same thing. So why is it only an issue when Cam do it?

I also agree with the whole notion of the dual threat QB pissing off a lot of old school football heads. Russ and Cam are changing the way a QB suppose to play. Look at Russell. He has been in the playoff all 4 yrs he been on the Seahawks and had a winning season all 4 yrs. But they were trying their hardest to never give him his props despite being one of the youngest to win a ring and back to back SB visits. Grant it, Seattle had LOB running things but the way he was disrespected by being called a game manager or criticized for not staying in the pocket was ridiculous. Now this season, we got Cam and the Panthers killing everyone in their sight and then Russ damn near carrying Seattle on his back. Both by throwing in the pocket and running. That got them cacs confused and scared because the QB is a white position where the QB doesn't even think about leaving the pocket.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I respect your opinion :salute:

But I think you're being a bit disingenuous if you give Scam a complete pass for some of the baggage he's created for himself from college and into the pros that created some of the criticism he's had aimed at him. He's been called out by his teammates for some of his antics (including pouting on the sideline), he's been a guy who pouts when he loses, but doing the :cape: when he wins. We all know it's racism that's coming at Scam's neck, but he's brought a lot of negative attention on himself as well

Yea some of the criticism has been unfair and unnecessary, but when you're in the spotlight everything you do is gonna get scrutinized and criticized. Up until this yr, Scam was a mediocre QB who was barely .500 as a QB, he's in the process of rewriting the course of his career if he can win Sun, but he's a polarizing guy. I'm not sure why the average Coli breh doesn't understand that
1st you have to define "pouting on the sideline".

I've seen everyone from Tom Brady, to Ryan Mallet either cuss out teammates, or just stand their with a angry scowl.

I remember listening to the Charlotte sports radio show "The Mac Attack" back in 2013, and the White host of that show Mac-something(forgot his name) finally conceding that perhaps the critiques of Cam Newton being racial. Because even he was incredulous at the venom being thrown at Cam on a weekly basis, that wasn't hurled at White QB's who played just as bad or worse than Cam.

You can only believe he brought "so much on himself" in a league that has historically proven that it treats Black QB's differently. The NFL and White fans won't get the benefit of the doubt from me. Nope!!

:ufdup:

Daps

Man. I remember this. Was confusing as fukk! Was he meant to walk to the podium smiling and happy after a loss? shyt was unnecessary :francis:

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You guys have to remember, he didn't get critiqued for on-field antics, he used to get critiqued for putting a towel over his head when the Panthers were losing. YES!!! For putting a towel over his head when the Panthers were losing. So these cacs can miss me with the "Well if he only acted with class while he's on the field" BS.

Exactly. Dude has been criticized for the dumbest shyt even before he was winning like this year.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Man. I remember this. Was confusing as fukk! Was he meant to walk to the podium smiling and happy after a loss? shyt was unnecessary :francis:
It was weird. I just couldn't understand what these White people wanted from Cam after a loss. I guess they expected him to tap dance to the podium..

:francis: