How come Cyclops only has one mutation?

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Doesn't he have brain damage and that is why he can't control it?

Also since he is made up what power would you give him?
Yeah but he doesn't have a secondary mutation like his brothers.

I'd give him the ability to change the attributes of his lasers. Heat, maybe cold. Either that or a force field ability

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
kinda funny to me that his power is really his eyes being portals to this alternate dimesion, but at no point is he ever shown interacting with that dimension in any other way.

He made the most with some mid-ass shyt and maybe that's his real purpose is showing that even a B-tier powerset can be great because mutants are OP :yeshrug:
The fact that he's the outright worst person with his last name in Marvel makes me happy though. fukk that ginger boy scout :blessed:

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
He's only got his optic blasts. Everyone else either has omega level power output, a, a second mutation or in Logan( Howlett) and Creed's chase a genetically divergent mutant strain.

Why Scott don't have anything else? And no understanding trigonometry well doesn't count.

Cyclops is the perfect example of an Alpha-level mutant. To be honest, most of the known X-Men aren't omega-level.

His power is devastating and destructive but definitely not on a global scale. You could even argue he was Beta-level but graduated to an Alpha-level threat after training.

I'd argue Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Banshee, Beast, Archangel, Bishop, Rogue, Gambit (after his brain surgery from Mr. Sinister) and even arguably Wolverine are all Alpha level.

Storm, Jean, Xavier, Magneto, and Scarlet Witch are able to cause catastrophes on a global scale, so that's why they're omega-level.

Last edited:

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
A raving racist took away his mutation?

The Summers bloodline has been manipulated by Sinister to create a counter to the rise of Apocalypse. Whatever's in Scott, whatever he learned or became with Xavier's training, his base stock was designed.

This whole "secondary mutation" thing is a tacked-on idea that came after the fact.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
The Summers bloodline has been manipulated by Sinister to create a counter to the rise of Apocalypse. Whatever's in Scott, whatever he learned or became with Xavier's training, his base stock was designed.

This whole "secondary mutation" thing is a tacked-on idea that came after the fact.
I know that. But why didn't he get one?