How come Taylor Swift doesn’t have the same mass appeal to the Black community that previous white singers had?

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps

This is interesting because even Paramore had a decent following in the Black community and they don't make "urban music". Yet you'll be hard pressed to see Black folks from all socioeconomic and national status that fukk with Taylor outside of a handful of songs . The only full Taylor albums I've listened to were 1989 and Midnights and other than that I draw a blank face to the rest of her music.

Daps
"were getting spins on urban stations"

giphy.gif

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Madonna had Babyface and Dallas Austin and giving her heat at one point...

At least Madonna had no issues displaying her thirst for the BBC

Hell, she had so much power that Pac was able to take a extra shower while locked up.

Taylor Swift gives off :mjpls::mjpls::mjpls:vibes

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Did Madonna or Britney or Lady Gaga get urban radio play?
They've made songs over the years with urban artists or had songs that had that crossover potential due to the beats and other factors during that time, so the answer is yes.

Taylor doesn't have that not to mention the fact that she comes off as corny by the larger mass.

Paramore is an exception to that as there are/were a lot of kids that grew up in the "emo phase" and/or rocked with that type of music at the time such as myself. They're a different conversation and discussion altogether and shouldn't be lumped in with those other artists.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Did Madonna or Britney or Lady Gaga get urban radio play?

Brittaney and Madonna did.

I distinctly remember that “I didn’t know I couldn’t talk about sex” song getting urban radio play

And for Brittaney she had a few songs that crossed over but the biggest I remember was Toxic. EVERY STATION played that joint

I’m not sure about Gaga. I remember Poker Face being a big hit on the MTV countdowns back when that still meant something

Taylor Swift is as vanilla as they come. She’s not meant for “us” nor does she need “us”. Brittaney Spears had a time where she was following Justin’s lead and working with the Neptunes and other popular black producers. She had black background dancers, black models, and even black “love” interests in her videos. Lady Gaga was supposed to go on tour with Kanye at one point in her career. A lot of white pop stars had a moment where they at least flirted with getting a black audience. Taylor never did, because she never had to. She’s literally America’s dream of what a white woman is which represents Black America’s nightmare. I know she’s worked with people like Ice Spice and Kendrick Lamar but that was never her crossing into a black sound. No R&B, no Jazz, no funk, not even really any Hip Hop elements. They were crossing over to HER

Daps
Madonna, Britney, Gaga, Gwen all had songs that had good beats, and made videos with dancers, and fashion. Taylor doesn’t have that same appeal. Plus, we saw all those other women hangout with black artists, or black producers. I can’t name 3 Taylor Swift songs. But I can name at least 5 songs of those other women.

Plus, Taylor isn’t that attractive to me.

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
Have u ever heard her music?

She makes songs for socially awkward white teenage girls

Damn near all all her popular songs are about failing in relationships and in life

Trouble for example.

Her songs have a corny rhythm and she has absolutely no body whatsoever. She is a Barbie doll lacking sexual parts

Perfect for mentally unstable young white women and grown white women and gay white men who wanna seem cool.

Her crowds do not have the vibe, the energy, nor diversity of Beyonce cause her music is basic. if white people made up 13 percent of America's population I doubt u ever heard of her