How common is it for kids to have imaginary friends?

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
My lil cousin daughter just had a tea party with herself and it played out like a scene from Real housewives of Atlanta. Everyone else thought it was cute but I lowkey found it creepy because they say kids and animals can sense things we can't. What if she talking to redrum? It's all fun and games until she get sucked inside the TV like Carol Anne. Are imaginary friends normal? Did anyone have one and how old is too old to have one? She just turned 4

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:hhh:

Relax man. Kids seeing things others don't see.. no need to get superstitious. Kids have wild imagination and a lot of their games involve imitating adults. So her having a tea party with friends you don't see doesn't mean she sees things. She's a normal kid with a normal imagination.

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
:hhh:

Relax man. Kids seeing things others don't see.. no need to get superstitious. Kids have wild imagination and a lot of their games involve imitating adults. So her having a tea party with friends you don't see doesn't mean she sees things. She's a normal kid with a normal imagination.
If you saw what I saw you would be alarmed too lol. It was an Oscar worthy performance. :merchant:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I had imaginary friends...and one was some white girl modeled after some 90210 shyt :russ:

I think it’s common, especially for only kid or where there is a big age gap or a gender difference. I’d be worried if they were still talking to that friend after 7/8 years old.

But gaddamn @ her friends being real housewives:wow: :pachaha:

TL15

Veteran
Daps
Never had an imaginary friend but I had a running alias for myself as a secret agent :dead:

I went swimming one time when I was like 13 and was pretending to be on some “mission” and thought “this shyt is corny” and that was the end of that :mjlol: